Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 97 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

08.04.2019 08:35
Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory ov Antworten

LONDON -- Andy Murrays first Wimbledon championship was for his country.This one was for Andy Murray.Dulling big serves with quick-reflex returns, conjuring up daring passing shots and playing impressively mistake-free tennis all the while, Murray beat Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (3), 7-6 (2) on Sunday for his second trophy at the All England Club and third Grand Slam title overall.In 2013, Murray famously ended Britains 77-year wait for one of its own to win the mens final at Wimbledon, a quest that became burdensome.Now he wanted a victory to end his personal rut of three consecutive losses in major finals, including at the Australian Open in January, and French Open last month.It is different. I feel happier this time. I feel more content this time. I feel like this was sort of more for myself more than anything, and my team as well, the second-seeded Murray said. Last time, it was just pure relief, and I didnt really enjoy the moment as much, whereas Im going to make sure I enjoy this one.This was his 11th Grand Slam final, but the first against someone other than Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer. The sixth-seeded Raonic eliminated Federer in five sets in the semifinals Friday, and also defeated the player who stunned Djokovic in the third round, Sam Querrey.Those wins helped Raonic become the first man representing Canada to reach a major final.He did it, primarily, by averaging 25 1/2 aces through six matches. But on a breezy afternoon, at a Centre Court filled with nearly 15,000 partisan fans, Murray shut down that integral part of Raonics game.This ones going to sting, Raonic said.Its been a rough few weeks for Britain, what with its vote to leave the European Union, the drop of the pounds value, and the resignation of Prime Minister David Cameron, who was seated in the front row of the Royal Box on Sunday, several seats over from Prince William and his wife, Kate.During the trophy presentation, Murray joked: Playing in a Wimbledon finals tough, but I certainly wouldnt like to be a prime minister. Its an impossible job.Murray, a 29-year-old from Scotland, long dealt with the expectations that accompanied being Britains best chance to find a male champion to succeed Fred Perry, who last won the grass-court tournament in 1936. After Sundays victory, Murrays mother, former British Fed Cup captain Judy, referred to that old phenomenon as, The constant, `When are you going to win Wimbledon? When are you going to win Wimbledon? When are you going to win Wimbledon?But her son has dealt with that and thrived, thanks to a counter-punching game and sublime returns of serve.It took Raonic 36 minutes and five service games to record his first ace, and he wound up with only eight. Over and over, Murray managed to get the ball back, even one that came in at 147 mph.And while Murray only broke Raonic once, to lead 4-3 in the opening set, that was all it took, because the tiebreakers were surprisingly one-way traffic.Murray also took 50 of 65 points he served across the first two sets, not only never facing so much as a break point in that span but also being pushed to deuce merely once.Finally, at 2-all in the third, Raonic got to 15-40 for his first -- and, it turned out, only -- break points, thanks to a forehand return winner off an 82 mph second serve.Potentially turning points, said Carlos Moya, one of a trio of coaches for Raonic, including John McEnroe. If he got that break, who knows what could happen?But Murray stood tall, taking the next four points to hold, then wheeled toward his box, pumping his right fist and yelling.According to the official statistics, Murray made only 12 unforced errors, two in the second set. While thats a subjective accounting, anyone watching and listening could plainly tell that he was striking the ball cleanly and confidently, a crisp thwack resonating as racket strings hit ball, much more often than not putting shots right where intended.Really good stuff, Murray said.His opponents take? He was playing much better than me off the baseline, Raonic acknowledged.Taking it all in from Murrays guest box, with seemingly nary a smile, was coach Ivan Lendl. They worked together when Murray won his first two Grand Slam trophies, including at the 2012 U.S. Open, then split up, before reuniting last month.Once again, that partnership paid off, and at Wimbledon, no less.When he sat in his sideline chair after the match concluded, Murray wiped away tears with a tournament towel.To do it twice here, he said, an event where there is a lot of pressure on me to perform well -- Im very proud with how Ive handled that over the years.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich WHOLESALE MLB JERSEYS AUTHENTIC .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. CHEAP BASEBALL JERSEYS . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. http://www.wholesaleauthenticjerseysshop.com/ . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. CHEAP JERSEYS WHOLESALE . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. NFL JERSEYS CHINA . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Force India will move to an old specification of rear suspension at the British Grand Prix in a bid to solve recent tyre gaining issues.Both Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg struggled to conserve their tyres in Austria, with the latter rapidly dropping through the field after starting on the front row. Tyre life used to be a strength of the team and Perez thinks the new-found issue may lie in the upgrade package introduced ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix earlier this year.We have changed some parts on the [rear] suspension, which I want to believe is the issue, he said. Were going to try some different parts on Friday and hopefully that can give us good answers. We are one of the worst teams on tyre life, its something we need to improve and hopefully this weekend we can do a good step forward on that.Perez says Friday practice at Silverstone will be key to solving the problem.I think it is a combination of the front wing not doing its job. Now we have a new front wing thatt will probably help that, but also weve changed some parts on the suspension.dddddddddddd I want to believe that is the issue and we will try some different parts on that on Friday and hopefully that can give us some good answers.The Mexican driver also wants Force India to learn from his brake failure in Austria, which led to a dramatic retirement on the final lap.The problem is that the way it happened, on the outside [of the disk] and that part we are not measuring. Normally, its the part that gets the less stress but for some reasons we dont understand, on that race it got really high up.Turn 2 was fine, no indication at all. And then coming into Turn 3, I pressed the pedal and basically the pedal went all the way to the floor so there were no brakes. I think this is a lesson for us and we are going to change our measurements for the future. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz