Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

12.04.2019 10:49
Triple-A Memphis.Without offering a prognosi Antworten

LAS VEGAS -- Gregg Popovich is probably never going to get over basketball without Tim Duncan.Theres a big hole in my belly, Popovich said of Duncan, the future Hall of Famer he coached for his entire 19-year career in San Antonio, who retired last week.I think about the culture and his humor. Ive been used to that for 20 years and now its gone. I have to find that in some other way, some other power, some other player. I have to do something. But life goes on for all of us.This week, life without Duncan begins in earnest as Popovich coaches the Select Team at USA Basketballs training camp in Las Vegas. Its a way to get to know some of the players hell likely be coaching when he succeeds Mike Krzyzewski as head coach of Team USA after these Summer Olympics. But its also become an exciting challenge in the august of Popovichs own Hall of Fame career.It was always believed Popovich, 67, would retire at the same time Duncan walked away. Now hes committed to coaching the San Antonio Spurs and Team USA for at least the next four years.You know what happened? I just got roped in, Popovich joked. I had to keep making promises. Manu [Ginobili] was going to sign a few years back and he was like, Are you going to be here? Tony [Parker], then Kawhi [Leonard]. Then when we were recruiting LaMarcus [Aldridge], he was like, Are you going to be here? it just goes on and on. So I guess I can never stop, I can never retire.Theres gotta be some time when were trying to sign a free agent and he goes, Pop, are you going to be here? and I say, Nope, Im leaving next week.While letting go of Duncan last week was incredibly emotional, Popovich said its been good for him to work with the younger team at this camp.Its really fun. When you look at the group, its almost like men and boys, he said. I look at the Olympic team and then I look at the Select Team, and theyre so young and thin, their faces look like theyre little kids. I think about that, but then I think 10 of the 12 Olympians went through that program. Its a pipeline, its a culture. These guys will be the same thing.Krzyzewski compared the succession process with himself and Popovich to platoon leaders succeeding each other in the military.The fact that were both military guys we understand that I have the unit right now and hes going to take command of the unit and we both want the unit to do well, said Krzyzewski, who coached at West Point and served as a field artillery liaison in South Korea. We understand that. Weve been good friends but this has been great for me and I think for him too; just for us to bond even more.Popovich played basketball at the Air Force Academy, served five years of active duty and returned as an assistant coach for the Air Force Academy.Two academy guys following each other, Popovich said. I dont think its a requirement for the job by any means. But it worked out that way.Im totally surprised and shocked when Jerry Colangelo called me because theres a whole lot of younger guys that could do the job. So I was thrilled. When you think about being able to be with these guys and represent your country, you say yes. You dont say, Ill think about it, Ill get back to you. You say yes.In some ways, Im scared to death. I gotta fill some pretty big shoes. This program has been pretty great for a decade after it was a debacle before. I feel that. Id be lying if I didnt say I feel that pressure. Im going to bust my butt and get it right. Im going to squeeze all the information I can out of Coach K and Jerry [Colangelo] and everybody who has been here. Thank heavens Jerrys still going to be with the program. Im sure Coach K will too. So Im in good shape that way. I have all kinds of people I can lean on. Dragan Bender Jersey . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Alec Peters Jersey . LOUIS -- St. http://www.cheapsunsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-davon-reed-jersey . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Danuel House Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Cheap Suns Jerseys China . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. ST. LOUIS --?Cardinals All-Star Matt Carpenter had to leave Wednesday nights game against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the third inning with an injury to his right oblique muscle.Carpenter, who was sent to an area hospital for further evaluation, was injured after trying to check his swing.Carpenter was undergoing an MRI postgame and was unavailable for comment following the game, a 7-5 loss. The team was preparing for the likelihood of putting Carpenter on the disabled list and calling up a bench player from Triple-A Memphis.Without offering a prognosis, manager Mike Matheny said he had a high level of concern.Cardinals outfielder?Tommy Pham?injured his oblique muscle on Opening Day and missed a little over a month.Ive felt that injury. Ive seen it, Matheny said. It can be tough, but were not going to make any conclusions until we hear from the people who know what theyre talking about.Carpenter, who was named to the All-Star team by NL manager Terry Collins on Tuesday, clutched his right side and shook his head after trying to check a swing on a 3-and-1 pitch from Jeff Locke. He was examined briefly on the field by a medical trainer before walking off with the trainer and manager Mike Matheny. He was replaced by Kolten Wong, whho inherited a 3-and-2 count and popped out on the next pitch.ddddddddddddA three-time All-Star, Carpenter leads the National League with a .991 OPS. He suffered a similar injury in 2012 and was forced to miss a month of action with a strained right side.If Carpenter is unable to play in Tuesdays All-Star Game, possibilities to replace him are San Francisco Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford and Cardinals shortstop Aledmys Diaz, who hit his 12th home run one batter after Carpenter left the game.The Cardinals infield is becoming rapidly depleted. Third baseman Jhonny Peralta left Tuesdays game and was unavailable to play Wednesday because of discomfort in the same left thumb he had surgery on in March. The Cardinals are hopeful Peralta can return to play Thursday or Friday.Additionally, first baseman/outfielder?Brandon Moss?went on the disabled list Tuesday with a sprained ankle.The team also put backup catcher Brayan Pena on the DL before Wednesdays game because of inflammation in his surgically repaired left knee. The Cardinals purchased the contract of catcher Alberto Rosario from Triple-A Memphis. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz