Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

16.04.2019 08:11
numbers paint a clear picture of Osweilers t Antworten

RENTON, Wash. -- Colin Kaepernicks message is picking up support in the Seattle Seahawks locker room, with wide receiver Doug Baldwin and defensive end Cliff Avril considering a protest in Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins.Asked if he has considered taking a knee during the national anthem, Baldwin said, I have. I want to make sure that I get all of my ducks in a row before I do so.Added Avril: Were thinking about it. I am. I truly respect what Kaep is doing. I think some people are taking it out of context because theyre not experiencing the same thing other people are experiencing. They cant really see it. But as a person that does see it and does see whats really going on out here, I definitely could see me doing something about it as well.Baldwin recently posted a message on Facebook in which a member of the military told the wide receiver that hed support him if he were to kneel for the anthem.Baldwin and several of his teammates spent a day training with combat divers this offseason and have discussed their respect for the armed forces.After Kaepernicks initial protest, Baldwin said he reached out to the 49ers quarterback and talked to him extensively.My grandfather being in the military, it hit home for me as well, Baldwin said. Its the veterans. Thats more heartening to me than anything. Its the veterans that have reached out and said that thats what they fought for. Thats what they sacrificed their lives for was to give people back home under the flag, under the country, the opportunity to stand up or sit for what they believe in. So that was very heartening for me to hear that and that response from the veterans.Avril said he doesnt see the gesture as one that disrespects the military.Are you really disrespecting the military from the standpoint, like lets talk about the people that go to war, how theyre treated when they come back, Avril said. Lets talk about that. Thats the ultimate disrespect. But thats what this countrys built off of -- freedom of speech. So why is it a big deal that [Kaepernicks] able to display how he feels? Thats crazy to me. It cant be one-sided. It also depends on whos doing it.Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane sat on the bench during the national anthem of the teams final preseason game against the Oakland Raiders and said he was showing support for Kaepernick.Kaepernick was joined by his teammate, Eric Reid, in protest before the 49ers final preseason game.Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner said the players have also discussed some kind of unified protest on Sunday.I do support Kaep in what hes doing, the message behind it, Wagner said. I think sometimes everybodys taking the message wrong because theres a lot of stuff thats going on, a lot of bad stuff thats going on. And that needs to be fixed. So at some point, youve got to do whatever you need to do to get that fixed.And I think what hes done is open up that conversation and make people talk about it. Whenever youve got the president talking about those types of things, its definitely getting his message across .I think its a very positive message. I think there should be justice and equality for everybody, no matter what your skin color is. And I think thats what hes fighting for because a lot of black people dont get that.Anything that we want to do, its not going to be individual. Its going to be a team thing because thats what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals.Asked whether athletes should take into account that Sunday is 9/11, Baldwin said, Absolutely. I think that anybody should be thinking about that. Even if it wasnt September 11th, the point of the protest is to get people to think. I think its very ironic to me that 15 years ago, on September 11th, one of the most devastating times in U.S. history, and after that day, we were probably one of the most unified that weve ever been.And today, you struggle to see the unity. Its very ironic to me that this date is coming up. Its going to be a very special day, a very significant day, but at the same time Im looking forward to the many changes and differences that we can make in this country, to make better changes in our country.Avril said hes still trying to decide how to best get his message across.Im just debating on how or what I should do, he said. I think we should all bring awareness to it. I dont think were being disrespectful to the military or to the flag. I think were just trying to bring awareness to whats really going on out here. I think a lot of people are acting naive to some of the injustice thats going on out here.Added Baldwin: The point is to bring attention and awareness to your protest. To bring attention to whats going on. And I think thats what the issue is here is that were missing the message in terms of what were talking about. Its not necessarily about the messenger or about the protest itself. Its about what were pointing to. Air Force 1 Clearance Sale . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. http://www.cheapairforce1.us/ . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Air Force 1 Cheap Online . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. Nike Air Force 1 Cheap China . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. HOUSTON -- Brock Osweiler was supposed to be the man to end Houstons years of quarterback woes. Instead, hes thrown more interceptions (13) than touchdowns (12) and has often failed to move the offense.So now the question for the Texans (6-5) is if Osweiler can improve and help Houston secure a playoff berth? Osweiler threw three interceptions on Sunday against the Chargers as Houston lost for the second straight week. Despite their recent tough stretch the Texans remain one-half game ahead of Tennessee in the AFC South.Coach Bill OBrien scoffed at the notion of benching Osweiler on Sunday and refused to criticize his quarterback on Monday. He also lamented that quarterbacks and head coaches take the brunt of the criticism when teams are struggling.Could Brock have done some things better? Absolutely, OBrien said about Sunday. Could the offensive line have played better? Could I have coached better? Absolutely. Its a team sport. Brock is our starting quarterback and thats the way it is.He wasnt interested in breaking down the play of his quarterback, snapping when asked areas in which Osweilers made progress and places he needs to improve.Im not going to dissect ... each player (and) what areas they need to do a better job in, he said. I mean, we could be here all day. Every player on our team -- we have a great locker room. Theyre all looking to improve in any way that they can.Though OBrien blamed Houstons offensive struggles on a variety of things, including his coaching, the numbers paint a clear picture of Osweilers trouble. Expectations were high for Osweiler when Houston signed him to a $72 million contract this offseason to lure him away from Denver. Hes had moments when hes looked good, but his inconsistent play has made it difficult to understand why the Texans invested so much in him.Houston ranks 31st by aaveraging 195.dddddddddddd9 yards passing a game and Osweilers 13 interceptions are tied for most in the NFL. He hasnt had much success throwing downfield and has completed just two passes of 40 yards or longer. His 22 completions of 20 yards or longer are tied for 28th in the NFL. Hes averaging just 5.8 yards a completion, which is not much more than running back Lamar Miller is averaging a carry (4.2).Osweiler has one of the worst passer ratings in the NFL among starters at 72.2. His rating isnt even close to the likes of Tom Brady (116.7), Matt Ryan (114.3) or even Dallas rookie Dak Prescott (108.6).While OBrien downplayed Osweilers role in Houstons loss to the Chargers, the quarterback was quick to accept blame for letting the game get away.Obviously, (Sunday) did not go the way we wanted it to, Osweiler said. Im going to put that on my shoulders. I believe our team played great football, but I did not. I know we can accomplish what we want to, and well keep plugging away.Despite his acknowledgment that his play was a big reason for Sundays loss, his teammates remain confident in his ability to help Houston wrap up a second straight division title.No matter whats being said about him outside of here, he comes in with the same attitude and the same positivity every day, left tackle Duane Brown said. So, hes a great leader. We definitely have a lot of confidence in him.Osweiler and the Texans get their next chance when they begin a two-game stretch on the road with a trip to Green Bay. Theyll look to win just their second road game this season when they meet the Packers after losing four of five away from Houston so far.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz