Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

19.04.2019 09:22
with one player rather than two Antworten

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Manager John Gibbons ejection turned into a key moment for the Toronto Blue Jays on Sunday.Russell Martin hit a tiebreaking two-run homer in the eighth inning to help the Blue Jays overcome a poor start by 17-game winner J.A. Happ and avoid a three-game sweep with a 5-3 win against the Tampa Bay Rays.Gibbons was ejected by plate umpire Pat Hoberg after Martin struck out in the fourth. When Martin turned a couple times to dispute the call while walking toward the dugout, Gibbons took over the argument from the dugout and got tossed.Took the heat for everybody, Martin said. I think he kept some guys in the game doing that, including myself.Torontos victory and Bostons 1-0 loss at Oakland gave the Blue Jays a one-game lead over the Red Sox for the top spot in the AL East.Martin hit his 17th homer on a 3-0 pitch from Kevin Jepsen (2-6). He has gone deep nine times and driven in 24 runs over his last 18 games.If hes seeing the ball good, which I thought he was, I gave the approval for him to take a whack at it, said bench coach DeMarlo Hale, who filled in for Gibbons.Happ was up to 85 pitches when he was pulled by Gibbons after Corey Dickersons RBI single put the Rays up 3-1 with two outs in the third.Joaquin Benoit (3-1) gave up a single and struck out three in a scoreless seventh. His second strikeout, coming against Evan Longoria, was the 1,000th of his career.Roberto Osuna got three outs for his 30th save.Five Toronto relievers allowed two hits in 6 1/3 scoreless innings.Thats a huge job by the bullpen keeping us in the game, Happ said.Happ has gone fewer than five innings in just two of 27 starts this season, with both coming against Tampa Bay. He allowed eight runs over two innings in a 13-2 loss to the Rays on May 18.The Blue Jays tied it at 3 in the seventh on Devon Travis two-run single off Brad Boxberger, costing 17-game loser Chris Archer a shot at his ninth win.Archer allowed two runs and five hits in 6 1/3 innings. He also struck out nine, running his AL-best total to 211.Their bullpen came in and did a really good job, kept it right there, and our bullpen came in and struggled, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. They got hits, they got walks and then the big home run from Russell Martin.BENCH NEWSBlue Jays: OF Melvin Upton Jr., hitting just .185 (20 for 108) against right-handers since the All-Star break, didnt start with Archer pitching.Rays: Despite the ability to expand rosters in September, Tampa Bay still had just three position players on the bench on Sunday: C Luke Maile, 1B Logan Morrison and utilityman Nick Franklin. I think theres plans to expand, Cash said.UP NEXTBlue Jays: Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (9-13) and Yankees RHP Masahiro Tanaka (11-4) are Mondays starters in the first of a three-game set in New York. Toronto is 9-3 against New York this season, including 4-2 at Yankee Stadium.Rays: RHP Matt Andriese (6-6) will face RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (5-11) and the contending Orioles on Monday in the opener of a three-game home series. Baltimore has won nine of 12 in the season series, but is 3-3 at Tropicana Field. Cheap Running Shoes Website . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Clearance Running Shoes . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.wholesalerunningshoesaustralia.com/ . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Wholesale Fashion Shoes . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. Discount Running Shoes Online . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. David Pocock has just come through surgery in a bid to play again before a year-long sabbatical, and he is breathing a further sigh of relief with SANZAAR indicating its hesitance at a potential rule change that would make his key skill irrelevant.Pocock went under the knife to fix a hand injury sustained during the Wallabies 36-20 victory over Argentina, treating his Twitter followers to a rather graphic image in the process, while across the Tasman New Zealands Mitre 10 Cup has been trialling some experimental law variations that have left some fans, players and pundits lamenting the perceived loss of the pilfer art - his greatest asset.The laws, which include a change from the definition of when a ruck is formed -- meaning no hands can be used -- have received a mixed response, and SANZAAR, following a recent meeting with all 18 coaches from Super Rugby, the competition the laws will move to next should they be given the green light, is certainly across the fears mentioned above.The prevailing issue is to what extent is the contest still on the tackle, and if youve watched a bit of [Mitre 10 Cup] you can see how hard it is to get in and actually win the ball, SANZAAR Game Manager Lyndon Bray told an Australian media briefing recently.And we want to protect a little bit of that contest. At the same time the balance is making sure the attack team has got confidence to play.So I really like some of it, and I think our view going through to World Rugby, which will look at all of that in November from a decision-making point of view [is] what might it look like going forward; I think those two things, the tackler and [having] the offside line as early as possible in the breakdown -- and maybe therefore redefine that a ruck starts with one player rather than two -- thats working well, but [also] maintaining the contest.Because I think in the southern hemisphere, one of our strengths, in all our core markets, is our ability to get on the balll -- and that gives us a real point of difference if you look across world rugby.dddddddddddd So I think thats a key factor that we want to maintain.All Blacks great Richie McCaw made his name on an ability to win turnover ball at the breakdown, while the likes of Heinrich Brussow, George Smith and more recently Michael Hooper, Sam Cane and Pocock have all proven superb exponents of the pilfer role.The law variations being used in the Mitre 10 Cup have seen a move away from the compact No. 7 to a bigger, ball-running player - as noted by ESPN columnist Craig Dowd; while the changes have helped to speed up the recycle by forcing the tackler to clear the area, they may have in fact gone too far the other way.I think theres two key things that have come out of Mitre 10 [Cup], as a total package, [were] not sure that the whole experimental law is right, Bray said.But the issue around the tackler and his special rights we have in law, getting rid of that and making him forced to get out of the game and come back round like everyone else and [abide by] offside line at the breakdown, all of that is trying to get the support players of the attack team up off the ground.So in the traditional game weve got very accepting of guys in effect driving on the tackler whos on the ground, and thats what were trying to get out of the game so that you can speed up the flow of the ball, whether thats attacking team or turnover.So we were really clear last week that we want to maintain the man-on-feet defender having a strength of contest, we think thats critical. So theres some really good points to come out of it.World Rugby will review SANZAARs findings before moving on any changes, and the laws have to be introduced to Test level at least two years out from the Rugby World Cup to give both hemispheres adequate time to adjust. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz