Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

22.04.2019 08:44
taking putting advice from a rock star, Antworten

Goals from Eden Hazard and Diego Costa saw Chelsea overcome Southampton 2-0 Sunday at St Marys Stadium.The home side started the game positively, but it was the visitors who took the lead six minutes in. Hazard worked his way into the box and beat Steven Davis before slotting the ball between the legs of Fraser Forster to make it 1-0.Costa then looked certain to make it 2-0 just before halftime, but his low strike from close-range was well saved by the legs of Forster.However, Costa did get his goal ten minutes into the second half when he picked up the ball on the edge of the box and curled a superb effort into the corner of the net.It later looked as if Chelsea (7-1-2) would make it 3-0, but both Costa and Pedro failed to convert the rebound from a Victor Moses strike.Charlie Austin had a decent chance to get his Saints side back in it, but his header lacked direction and sailed over the bar. Hazard then had a shot saved before a Davis header clipped the crossbar before going over.Moses had a good effort in the final minutes but Forster was on hand to parry the ball to safety.The result pushes Antonio Contes men up into fourth, while Claude Puels Southampton (3-4-3) remain in ninth. Cheap Nike Shoes Online . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. Wholesale Nike Shoes . As the crowd erupted, Davis knocked the ball off the glass and back into his hands. With 1:14 to go in overtime, Davis sixth block also became his 17th rebound. That, along with his 32 points -- which tied a career high -- proved too much for Denver to overcome, and the Pelicans held on for their third straight victory, 111-107 on Sunday night. http://www.cheapshoesfromchina.us/ . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. Authentic Shoes Cheap . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Shoes From China Online . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. It was just over six months ago when Brendan Steele was lining up putt after putt from specifically measured distances on the Bay Hill Club & Lodge practice green in advance of the Arnold Palmer Invitational, part of a newly implemented regimen.Dave was looking at my stats, he explained that afternoon. He said I need to make more from this range.The range was 8 to 16 feet, and the Dave in question wasnt a putting guru, a short-game coach or even a fellow PGA Tour player.It was Dave Phoenix Farrell, bassist for the popular rock band Linkin Park.Previously mutual fans of each other -- Steele enjoys the bands music; Farrell is a 4 handicap who watches a lot of PGA Tour golf -- they met through a mutual friend backstage at a Linkin Park concert two years ago.They quickly developed a friendship assisted by geography. When neither is on tour, they live about 20 minutes from each other in Southern California. Not long after that first meeting, they regularly started playing golf together.As the friendship grew, Farrell started watching Steele more closely. He pored over statistics and soon began tracking all of his rounds in notebooks, calculating the percentage of putts made from various distance ranges in scribbles along the way, like a golf version of A Beautiful Mind.I just started thinking the difference between him shooting 62 and his usual 67 or whatever is that makeable-range putt, Farrell explained. I noticed that when we were playing. Then I started looking at PGA Tour statistics, which include make percentages of all the different ranges. One that I found was 8 to 16 feet.Employing Moneyball-type analytics, he discovered that the PGA Tour leader from this range made right around 30 percent of his attempts. The average was about 20 percent.Steele? He checked in at just over 10 percent.I saw that he was averaging five-six putts per round in this range, Farrell continued. I dont know that much about golf or statistics, but I could see the variance potential in that range for improvement. It seemed like an area he could go out and practice.Based on ball-striking numbers remaining consistent, he proposed that Steele only needed to reach that average percentage and he would increase his number of top-10 finishes. Making the same rate as the tour leader would result in more top-fives. And if he really got the putter going, he would start winning.This wasnt an insignificant line of demarcation. In the season that just ended, Steele captured 11 top-25 results in 25 starts, but just two top-10s. Meanwwhile, his 2011 triumph at the Valero Texas Open as a rookie remained his lone career victory.ddddddddddddComplicating this idea -- or perhaps just explaining it better -- was the fact that Steele is a former anchored putter who is no longer allowed to use that method under Rule 14-1b.When approached with his buddys idea, Steele didnt shrug it off or pay him lip service. He didnt even just listen. Instead, he started consciously working to improve his putting from this range.I know it sounds strange to be taking putting advice from a rock star, but Dave is a really smart guy and he loves both golf and statistics, Steele explained. When he came to me with the numbers it made a ton of sense, so I started paying attention to the data. I took the data to one of my coaches, Chris Mayson, and he developed some drills that focus on that length of putt.Fast forward to this past weeks season-opening Safeway Open.One year earlier, Steele entered the final round of this tournament with the lead, only to post a 4-over 76 and finish in a share of 17th place. That bitter taste gradually rinsing from his mouth, he opened with rounds of 67-71-67 this year, placing himself within striking distance once again going into the final day.Trailing by a few strokes, he holed an essential 13-footer for a par save on the ninth hole. Birdies at 16 and 17 moved him into a share of the lead entering the par-5 18th. After laying up with his second shot, Steele hit a wedge shot to exactly 8 feet -- the starting point of the range Farrell had first proposed to him.He made it.And when no player in the final few groups could match his 18-under total, Steele had claimed a second career victory.How important was his putting from that range of 8 to 16 feet? For the week, he holed nine of 19 -- or 47 percent.That range putt was a huge part of my success this week, Steele said. It was a much higher percentage than I have on an average week. We have found that the 8-16 foot range has both enough frequency and enough probability of a made putt to make a big difference in your score.As for the rock star, a guy whos written dozens of hit songs and played to sold-out shows around the world, he took satisfaction in helping his friend win again, in any way he could.Ive never tried to hide it, he laughed of his inner math nerd. Whenever people meet any of us in the band, they find theres a lot of normal going on. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz