Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

26.04.2019 08:26
simply does what Heyward tells him to do. No Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Replacing Cam Heyward the football player may be the easy part for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Finding someone to do all the things their injured defensive end -- out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle -- does on the field that dont show up on tape will be considerably more difficult.It definitely hurts us, linebacker Ryan Shazier said. It punches you in the heart because hes the heart of our defense.One who does more than simply shrug off blocks and wrap up running backs. Heyward is one of Pittsburghs four captains for reasons that go far beyond simple talent. He makes the line calls, offers in-game pointers and serves as the emotional fulcrum for the guys around him.Now hes gone after an MRI discovered the twinge he felt in last weeks loss to Dallas was actually his pectoral muscle shredding itself, leaving behind a defense thats failed to limit big plays during a four-game losing streak thats sent the Steelers (4-5) tumbling into a midseason crisis. While the winless Cleveland Browns (0-10) offer the promise of a temporary salve on Sunday, Pittsburgh understands it needs to find a way to get better quickly if it truly wants to turn things around.Its hard to lose a guy like your captain and stuff like that, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. But other guys have to step up. I mean, its that time of year.If the Steelers want to get it together, they dont really have much of a choice.Weve just all got to get better as a group, rookie nose tackle Javon Hargrave said. Thats our leader. Hes the oldest on the D-line. He knows more than us. Weve just got to grow up.Quickly. The defensive front faltered when a bum left hamstring forced Heyward out of the lineup for the first time in his six-year career last month. He could only watch in frustration as Miamis Jay Ajayi became the first player in 16 years to go over 200 yards rushing against Pittsburgh in a Week 6 loss and New Englands Garrett Blount bulled his way for 127 yards and a pair of touchdowns seven days later.Teams been running on us a lot lately, nose tackle Daniel McCullers said. Thats not Steeler defense.At least not the way Pittsburgh used to play it. Not so much anymore. The proof came in the final 2 minutes last week against Dallas, when Ezekiel Elliott sprinted to the end zone twice to rally the Cowboys to a victory that sent the Steelers to their fourth straight loss. And that was with Heyward in the huddle. Now theyve got to clean up the mistakes without him.Sometimes we get in the right spots and were not executing, Shazier said. Sometimes were in the right spots, getting moved out of the way and sometimes were not doing the right thing.Heywards absence puts more pressure on Stephon Tuitt, who defensive coordinator Keith Butler will move up and down the line in search of mismatches. Thats fine by Tuitt, who has shown flashes of dominance at times but will now be asked to do it on a more consistent basis. Hes developed a close friendship with Heyward during his three years in the league, in part because he knew at some point this moment would arrive.Its gonna be tough because we have a partnership, we have a chemistry, Tuitt said.One Tuitt will try to develop with Hargrave, McCullers and Ricardo Matthews. Tuitt is more reserved by nature and joked earlier in the year he doesnt pay attention to the game plan and instead simply does what Heyward tells him to do. Now Tuitt will find himself doing the yelling.For me to get this role now, its not under the circumstances I want them to be under but I almost get the veteran role back and teach my defensive linemen and lead by example.Heyward will still be around on the sideline and in meeting rooms. But not having his familiar No. 97 in the huddle will take some getting used to for a group thats grown accustomed to his steadying influence.Hes like a brother to us outside of football, McCullers said. We always spend time with each other, hang out. Its big (to lose him). Weve got to play hard for him.Game notes TE Ladarius Green (knee), WR Sammie Coates (finger), S Jordan Dangerfield (groin) and TE Xavier Grimble (quadriceps) were limited on Wednesday. ... C Maurkice Pouncey (finger) and WR Markus Wheaton (shoulder) did not practice.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Discount Vans Shoes Ireland . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Vans Shoes Ireland . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.clearancevansireland.com/ . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Clearance Vans Shoes Ireland Free Shipping . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Wholesale Vans Shoes Ireland . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period.DENVER -- Rob Brantly dashed home on a wild pitch to score the games first run, and Donovan Solano stretched the lead for the Miami Marlins, who earned a rare series win in Colorado. Brantly scored in the eighth inning, Solano followed with a homer as part of a four-run ninth, and the Marlins overcame a 93-minute rain delay to beat the Rockies 5-3 on Thursday. "We put that five-spot up, they came back, we were able to hang on for the win," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "Great job to salvage what looked like was going to be a real rough road trip, and to win three games here in Colorado, a tough place to win." Miami finished its seven-game trip by taking 3 of 4 from the Rockies after getting swept at Milwaukee. It was the Marlins first series win at Colorado since 2009, when they took 2 of 3. "All the years Ive been coming here, those are the kind of games you play," said Redmond, who played 13 years in the majors. "You score two or three or four and then give up two or three. They mounted a rally. Thats what happens here." The Rockies were also stung by the loss of slugger Carlos Gonzalez after the third inning when he aggravated a sprain of the middle finger on his right hand. The team said he is day to day. Gonzalez has been dealing with the injury since July 7 when he initially sprained his finger during an at bat against Arizona. He aggravated it striking out swinging in the first inning and was replaced by pinch-hitter Jordan Pacheco. Reliever Adam Ottavino (0-2) struck out the first two batters he faced in the eighth before Brantly singled to right. Greg Dobbs, batting for reliever Dan Jennings (1-1), singled him to third. With Adeiny Hechavarria at the plate, Ottavino uncorked a pitch that bounced in the dirt and shot past catcher Wilin Rosario, allowing Brantly to score. "We were just playing no doubles, and those two balls found a hole," Ottavino said. "I spiked a pitch. It got away and thats it. Thats how quick it can happen. I thought I threw the ball all right, but nothing went my way. NNothing went the teams way today.ddddddddddddquot; Rosario said he was late in his attempt to slide to his right and stop the pitch. "Ive got to block that ball," he said. "Thats my responsibility. Maybe if that run doesnt score, we come back in the next inning. I didnt react in time." In the ninth, Giancarlo Stanton had an RBI double, and Ed Lucas added an RBI single off Wilton Lopez before Solano drove the first pitch he saw into the left field seats for his second homer of the season. "I was waiting for that pitch, a little bit in, and tried to elevate it," Solano said. "I got a good swing on it, and thats it. Hit a home run." The Rockies rallied off Kevin Slowey for three runs in the ninth. Steve Cishek relieved, and after yielding a one-out single to Nolan Arenado, he induced Jonathan Herrera to ground into a game-ending double play for his 20th save in 22 chances. Miami starter Nathan Eovaldi threw six scoreless innings, and Colorados Juan Nicasio had a season-high nine strikeouts in seven scoreless innings. Neither pitcher returned after the delay caused by wind-driven thunder showers in the middle of the seventh. Jennings pitched a scoreless seventh to earn the win. NOTES: Marlins OF Marcell Ozuna will have season-ending surgery on Friday to repair torn ligaments and an avulsion fracture of his left thumb. He was playing centre field at Colorado on Monday when he was injured making a diving catch on a sixth-inning drive by Michael Cuddyer. ... Stanton went 2 for 4 with a pair of doubles, an RBI and one run scored. Hes batting .333 with four doubles, 7 home runs and 13 RBIs in 11 career games at Coors Field. ... The Marlins return to Miami to open a 10-game homestand starting Friday against Pittsburgh, with Henderson Alvarez (0-1) slated to pitch the opener against the Pirates Jeff Locke (9-2). ... Colorado continues its homestand by opening a three-game set against Milwaukee. The Rockies Tyler Chatwood (6-3) facing Wily Peralta (7-9). ... Nicasios nine strikeouts were one below his career high. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz