Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

08.05.2019 06:54
Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the Antworten

Gregg Popovich spoke for about 15 minutes, sometimes unable to hide his emotions, all the while wearing a T-shirt that had Tim Duncans face printed on the front. When the last question was answered, the coach turned, put his hands in his pockets and silently walked into a new era for the San Antonio Spurs.Its a day Popovich knew was coming.That clearly didnt make it any easier.Hes irreplaceable, Popovich said.Choking up at times and making wisecracks at others, Popovich bade a public farewell to Duncans playing career on Tuesday. The five-time NBA champion announced his retirement on Monday in a statement released through the team, ending a 19-year career that was spent entirely in San Antonio.I figured I better come out here and do this and somehow say goodbye to him, Popovich said. Which is an impossibility, for a lot of reasons.Popovich spoke in a corner of the Spurs practice facility in San Antonio, the spot where he holds court with reporters after workouts during the season. There was no news conference, no elaborate setup, not even any live coverage permitted. Even for something that will have so much impact on the team, the league and the sport, the Spurs kept things as simple as possible.Duncan is leaving. In some respects, everything is changing. In others, nothing will.I think it will be a seamless transition for the team, former NBA coach and current television analyst Jeff Van Gundy said. I think who its going to be hard on is Gregg Popovich.Popovich gave no indications otherwise Tuesday.All in one answer -- the premise being picking one person in history to have dinner with -- Popovich made mention of Mother Teresa, Jesus, the Dalai Lama, William F. Buckley, Gore Vidal and actor John Cleese. But given the choice between any of those people, or anyone else, Popovich said he would choose to dine with Duncan.I can honestly tell you my dinner would be with Timmy, Popovich said. And it would be because hes the most real, consistent, true person that Ive ever met in my life.I can be on him in a game and ask him why hes not rebounding in a relatively stern way and really get on him in front of everybody, Popovich continued. And on his way back to the court, hell say, `Thanks for the motivation, Pop. Thanks for the support, Pop. Then hell turn away with his eyes up in the air and well both start laughing. And people dont see those things. But his teammates have and thats why his teammates love him.Duncan will go down as one of the best to ever play the game, and Popovich said he was the best teammate any Spurs player could have had.There were moments of humor, too, like Popovich saying Duncan made him wear the clothes he gave him -- including the shirt he donned Tuesday -- or else he wouldnt play.I remember a pretty neat summer league game when he first came in and (Greg) Ostertag blocked his shot, Popovich said when asked what moment of Duncans career he enjoyed most. That was pretty cool.Mostly, Popovichs words showed sadness and appreciation.He spoke at length about Duncans humility, and how that was instilled in him long ago. Popovich told a story about when Duncans father, who died in 2002, told the Spurs coach he needed to ensure his son would not be changed by fame or fortune.I can still remember before his father passed away, looking me in the eye and saying `Im going to hold you responsible to make sure that when hes done hes the same person he is now. And in that respect, he is, Popovich said. Hes grown as a person, as we all do, through experiences. But his inner core, he was over himself when he came in and after all these accolades and all this success, hes still over himself. Hasnt changed a lick.Duncan and Popovich won more games together than any player-coach combination in NBA history -- and Popovich said he owes his own success to the now-retired star, not the other way around.To think of a season without Duncan, Popovich said, is mindboggling.I would not be standing here if it wasnt for Tim Duncan, Popovich said. Id be in the Budweiser league, someplace in America, fat and still trying to play basketball or coach basketball. Hes why Im standing.---AP Basketball Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis and Associated Press Writer Raul Dominguez in San Antonio contributed to this report. Cheap Nike Shoes Australia . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. Nike Shoes Sale Online Australia . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. http://www.nikecheapshoesaustralia.com/ . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. Cheap Nike Shoes Online Australia . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. Nike Shoes Australia Outlet . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Andrew Fowler scored 23 points, making four of Furmans 15 3-pointers, as the Paladins defeated UAB 84-74 on Monday night.Geoff Beans had four 3s and 14 points and Devin Sibley added three 3s and 13 points for Furman.UAB was up 46-45 at the half and it was tied at 62 midway through the second half. Jalen Williams hit two free throws and Jordan Lyons, Fowler and Andrew Beans hit treys to give Furman a 73-62 lead with 6:46 left.Sibley had another 3 in a 7-0 surge that made it 80-65 with 2:15 to play.dddddddddddd The Paladins made 15 of 24 behind the arc and shot 54 percent overall (28 of 52).UAB (1-1) shot just 17 percent in the second half, going 4 of 24 -- 1 of 11 on 3s -- but kept it close by making 19 of 24 free throws.Dirk Williams and William Lee had 15 points each for the Blazers. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz