Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

15.05.2019 10:10
ch marked Raonics fifth time p Antworten

TOKYO - Canadas Milos Raonic moved closer to a possible place in the ATP season-ending event as he reached a second straight final at the Japan Open on Saturday with a 7-6 (4), 6-1 semifinal win over Croatian Ivan Dodig. But the 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., is trying to keep it all in perspective as he improves one spot to provisional tenth in the race to the eight-man World Tour Finals set for London in just over a month. No Canadian has ever played the elite tournament in singles, though Torontos Daniel Nestor has made multiple appearances at year-enders in doubles. "London is still far away for me," said Raonic, winner of his last eight matches in Asia and the champion last weekend in Bangkok. "I dont have any issues thinking about it. "Im playing well but I have a long way to go to possibly qualify. I need to keep giving myself chances to try and make it. But Im not letting it get into my head. "Im just concentrating on each match, Ive been playing well and I want to keep that up. I know what I have to do to keep on winning these matches, thats what I want to concentrate on right now." Raonic, seeded third, will play for the title on Sunday at the Ariake Colosseum against the winner of top seed Juan Martin del Potro and Spanish No. 6 Nicolas Almagro. Raonic lost the Tokyo final a year ago to Japans Kei Nishikori, who went out this year in the quarter-finals to Almagro while complaining of back pain. As he bids for the sixth title of his career and third this season after San Jose and Bangkok, Raonic said that his run of form over the past months was made possible by his final against Rafael Nadal at the Rogers Cup in Montreal in August. "Montreal helped me to gain confidence,"he said of the first event he played after taking on former player Ivan Ljubicic as his coach. "I wasnt playing my best there, but it got me started." It took just under 90 minutes for Raonic to defeat Dodig, with the first set lasting almost one hour. The Canadian took charge in the second set with his big serve. Raonic faced the first break point in three matches, saving it in the third game of the second set against Dodig, who had won both of their previous matches. He recovered from a 4-1 deficit in the first set, then passed Dodig 5-4 and set up a pair of set points after the Croatian sailed his return wide. Raonic fired over his sixth ace to seal the long set and took that momentum into the second set, which barely lasted 30 minutes. Raonic won his 41st match of the season and his eighth straight in Asia after claiming the Bangkok title last weekend over Tomas Berdych. Saturdays match marked Raonics fifth time playing in a semifinal this season, and he has now won four of them. He came to the court without having faced a break point in 30 previous games and has held serve in 79 of 81 games during his Asian run. He will be playing in back-to-back finals for the third time in his career. Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version had the incorrect first name for del Potro. Tobias Harris Jersey . - The RBC Canadian Open will return to Glen Abbey Golf Club next year, marking the 27th time that the national open championship will be played at the Oakville, Ont. Ben Wallace Jersey . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. http://www.basketballpistonsauthority.co...ns-jersey-c-23/. On Wednesday night, they showed that stellar defence and a little small ball can get the job done too. With pinch-runner Kevin Pillar aboard after Dioner Navarro opened the bottom of the ninth with a single, Anthony Gose dropped down an excellent bunt along the first-base line. Rick Mahorn Jersey . Calgary finished atop the CFL standings with a 14-4 record and earned the right to host the West Division final at McMahon Stadium on Nov. Henry Ellenson Jersey .Voegele will next play Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia, who saved 10 of 16 break points to defeat Annika Beck of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-4.Also, Marina Erakovic of New Zealand defeated eighth-seeded Caroline Garcia of France 6-2, 4-6, 6-4. UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- San Jose has dominated the Eastern Conference all season, and Sharks captain Joe Thornton kept that trend going against an old friend. Matt Nieto and Jason Demers scored first-period goals, and the Sharks made the most of 26 shots against the Islanders and goalie Evgeni Nabokov in a 4-3 victory on Friday night. Thornton and Marty Havlat added goals in the second period for the Sharks, who won their fifth straight and improved to 20-6-3 against the East. Antti Niemi made 35 saves for San Jose, which faced former Sharks goalie Nabokov in his first start against them. "It was definitely weird seeing him on the other side," Thornton said of his long-time Sharks teammate. "But we had to focus because they play hard every night. Were glad to get the two points." The Sharks (44-17-7) are battling Anaheim for the top spot in the Pacific Division. San Jose will play at the New York Rangers on Sunday at Madison Square Garden. "Getting the lead was important and we had contributions from all four lines," Sharks coach Todd McLellan said. "Every game is big this time of year. Now were just looking forward to our next game, which will be in a building thats always tough." Anders Lee, Brock Nelson and Frans Nielsen scored for the Islanders, who lost for the fifth time in six home games. New York, which began a four-game homestand following a 2-1-1 trip, is an NHL-worst 9-17-8 at home. Islanders coach Jack Capuano chose to look on the positive side, despite another defeat at Nassau Coliseum. "Thats a top-notch team we played, so any little breakdown and its in the back of your net," he said. "I thought we had a great effort. We worked hard as a group and we were getting chances." Nieto made it 1-0 with 6:33 left in the first off a flurry in front of Nabokov. The 38-year-old Nabokov played 563 games for the Sharks during his decade with the francchise.dddddddddddd He left San Jose to play in Russia after the 2009-10 season, then joined the Islanders during the 2011-12 campaign. Demers made it 2-0 at 14:46 with a drive from the right wing for his fourth of the season. Lee cut the Islanders deficit in half 32 seconds into the second period, the rookies sixth goal in eight games this season. Thornton restored San Joses two-goal lead with his 10th of the season at 9:32, firing a rebound past Nabokov after Brent Burns initial shot came directly to him in the left circle. The Islanders stayed with the fleet and powerful Sharks, and Nelson tipped in Matt Donovans shot from the point to make it 3-2 at 17:02 of the second for his 12th goal. But Havlats goal put San Jose up 4-2 before Nielsen completed the scoring with his 21st goal of the season at 19:38 of the third with Nabokov pulled for an extra skater. The Islanders played without speedy forward Michael Grabner (concussion) in their first home game since trading forward Thomas Vanek and defenceman Andrew MacDonald last week. Johan Sundstrom made his debut for the Islanders, the ninth rookie to play for them this season. The Sharks are 8-1-1 in their streak of 12 games against Eastern opponents. This was their first visit to Long Island since Oct. 29, 2011. The Islanders (25-34-9) tied the franchise record for goals in a period on Monday, scoring seven in the third in a 7-4 comeback win over the Canucks in Vancouver. But they mustered little against Niemi (33-13-6), who replaced Nabokov as the Sharks starter after helping Chicago win the Stanley Cup in 2010. NOTES: The Sharks lead the NHL with 69 first-period goals and have won 40 or more games 11 times since 2000-01. ... The Sharks were without defenceman Brad Stuart (upper body) and forwards Tomas Hertl (knee) and Raffi Torres (knee). ... Defenceman Thomas Hickey is the only Islanders player to be in all 68 games this season. Cheap Bills Jerseys Authentic Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Store Cyber Monday Jets Jerseys Cyber Monday Texans Jerseys Black Friday Colts Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Titans Store Black Friday Broncos Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Authentic Chargers Jerseys Cheap Ravens Store Black Friday Steelers Jerseys Black Friday Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Store Cheap Eagles Store Black Friday Redskins Jerseys Falcons Jerseys Online Panthers Jerseys Online Authentic Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Authentic Cardinals Jerseys Black Friday 49ers Jerseys Black Friday Seahawks Jerseys Cyber Monday Rams Jerseys Black Friday Bears Jerseys Wholesale Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys Online Authentic Vikings Jerseys Cyber Monday Bengals Jerseys Cyber Monday Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz