Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

27.05.2019 08:28
few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a st Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- They call her Six Feet of Sunshine, and Kerri Walsh Jennings is pretty good under the moonlight, too.The three-time gold medalist and partner April Ross advanced to the quarterfinals of the Olympic beach volleyball tournament in a midnight match, dispatching Italy 21-10, 21-16 in just 35 minutes.It was the third time in four matches the Americans played at midnight to showcase them for the U.S. television audience.You wont hear them complain: The gold medal match is also scheduled for 12 a.m. local time.We know that we wanted to get used to the midnight matches because thats when the later (round) matches are, Walsh Jennings said.Ross said she has been getting to bed around 3:30 a.m. after the midnight madness. Walsh Jennings said its more like 5 a.m.Were just so amped, she said. But we dont have to set an alarm in the morning.Walsh Jennings earned her nickname from her sunny disposition.But, as her opponents can attest, shes fierce on the court.One match after losing a set to Switzerland -- just the first set the Americans lost in Rio, and the second Walsh Jennings has lost in 25 Olympic matches -- the Americans rallied from deficits in both sets to put Italy away.That made it an early night of sorts for the fans who packed the Copacabana venue, despite the late start. Among those in the stands: comedian Leslie Jones, who draped an American flag around her shoulders and led her section in cheering.Walsh Jennings said she made eye contact with the Ghostbusters star on her way out to the court, and appreciated the energy she brought to the crowd. Shes just on fire, she said.The Americans first formed their partnership in London, when Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor won their third straight gold medal -- beating Ross and Jennifer Kessy in the final. With May-Treanor retiring, Walsh Jennings asked Ross to join her on the quest for a fourth.Four years isnt all that long for a beach volleyball partnership, but its an eternity compared to Italians Marta Menegatti and Laura Giombini.Menegatti had qualified for Rio with Viktoria Orsi Toth, finishing a comfortable eighth in the world tour standings that fill out most of the field. But Orsi Toth failed a doping test just days before the Olympics were to begin, and she was replaced by Giombini.I want to thank Laura. It wasnt easy for her, Menegatti said. I am sad about Vicki. I am sad because shes not here and she should be here. But I think everything will work out because shes in the right. I have no doubt.The Italians had four training sessions before their opener in Rio, but still managed to advance out of group play and into the knockout round.Its the easiest thing in the world, Menegatti said with a smile, with four days of training when you work four years for this competition. Wholesale Jordans Online . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Cheap Air Jordan 1 China Wholesale http://www.cheapjordanschinawholesale.com/ . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Cheap Jordans From China . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Cheap Air Jordan Shoes . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. SILVERSTONE, Great Britain -- Mercedes has lodged its intention to appeal the stewards decision that dropped Nico Rosberg from second position to third following the British Grand Prix.The stewards deemed that a message relayed to Rosberg towards the end of the race had been in breach of new regulations aimed at preventing driver coaching from the pit wall. After getting stuck in seventh gear at the end of lap 46, the Mercedes pit wall told Rosberg to change a setting on his steering wheel and avoid seventh gear for the rest of the race.The second comment was deemed to be in breach of the regulations, but by appealing the stewards decision the ten-second penalty, and its impact on the classification, could sttill change.dddddddddddd By declaring its intention to appeal within an hour of the decision, Mercedes opened up a 96 hour window in which it will decide whether to follow through with the appeal via its national sporting authority -- the Deutscher Motor Sport Bund. If Mercedes goes through with the appeal, it will then be ratified with the Secretary General of the FIA courts before a hearing date is announced. ?Rosberg is the first driver to fall foul of the radio restrictions introduced at the start of this year, meaning there is no precedent for such decisions by the stewards. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz