Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 124 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
carrie567 Offline

27.05.2019 09:56
to a couple promotions an Antworten

Heading into the current season of The Ultimate Fighter, Cody Bollinger was pinned as a considerable favorite to win the show. His resume was nothing short of impressive, a 14-2 (1 NC) record including nine finishes. The 22-year old started competing in mixed martial arts at the age of 15 due to a love of wrestling at an early age. "I started wresting at the age of four and to stay in shape in the (wrestling) off-season, they had jiu-jitsu (and other disciplines). I ended up being decent at it and I really enjoyed it," said Bollinger to TSN.ca. "After I finished wrestling I took (MMA) more seriously and thats basically where it all started." The results were inspiring. Through his first 14-fights, the California native had amassed a successful 12-1-1 record and in 2012, received a phone call from the Bellator Fighting Championships. Not only did the promotion want to sign him, they also wanted him to compete in their upcoming featherweight tournament. "I was excited man, I felt I worked really hard and I was finally getting the opportunity to show off some of skills that I have." However his stint with the promotion was short- lived, as Russian powerhouse Shahbulat Shamhalaev would finish Bollinger in the first round during their quarter-final matchup at Bellator 76. Shamhalaev would go on to win the tournament and Bollinger would be released from his contract. "Unfortunately it didnt go the way I planned, some things happened and I had a pretty crappy fight," said Bollinger. "Overall it was a good experience and it made me a better fighter. They ended up releasing me and I went back to work for a while. Then I found out about (The Ultimate Fighter) and tried out for the show." "Bam Bam" was actually a big fan of the UFC reality series ever since his head coach won the show back in 2005. "Joe Stevenson was actually on Season 2 and hes my godfather. Ever since that season I was like Im going to be on that show one day." Prior to trying out for the show, Bollinger had never fought at bantamweight (135lbs). All of his 16-fights were in the featherweight (145lb) division and his natural weight is around 155-160 pounds. On this ground-breaking 18th season, it would be the first time in the series history that the UFC would be casting both male and female bantamweight fighters. "We really focused on getting down to 136lb and winning the fight to get into the house," said Bollinger That is exactly what happened, phase one was complete as the Millennia MMA product defeated Rafael De Freitas in his opening bout to earn his spot in the house. He made quite the impression as Coach Miesha Tate made Bollinger her first overall pick. "After that we were so focused on making weight the first time and getting into the house, I never really thought about (the weight cut) being a lot different in the house. Every week, twice a week Im going to have to be cutting down to within five pounds." But there were other challenges ahead that the father of one didnt anticipate. "Everyone else in there was a natural (bantamweight); it was really different from me to the other guys and girls." Fast forward to the ninth episode this season and these challenges would confront Bollinger head-on. Scheduled to fight Team Rouseys Anthony Gutierrez, Bollinger was already struggling to make weight. "When I (Dropped down to) 145 pounds I had hit 4% body fat, so I knew it was going to be the hardest thing in my life." His coaches Miesha Tate and Bryan Caraway tried to help Bollinger make the weight, motivating and working with him in the sauna as he endured the brutal process. This was the biggest opportunity of his career and clearly he didnt want to miss out. With an uphill battle ahead, Bollinger ultimately failed; only getting down to 141 pounds and telling UFC President Dana White the unfortunate news that he didnt make the 135lb weight requirement. He was subsequently kicked off the show and extremely devastated. "I didnt expect it to be that hard." The catalyst for his release he believes was the unanticipated elements that he didnt factor into account, prior to earning a spot in the house. "Youre taken out of your element; youre put in pretty much isolation with people you dont even know. Then you have to do interviews, pictures and other crazy stuff. It all adds up and I didnt adjust well enough." But it wasnt all bad news in the end for the California native. To the surprise of many, after the episode aired it was revealed that Bollinger had signed a multi-fight deal with the Las Vegas based World Series of Fighting promotion. Many questioned if making this announcement prior to the conclusion of this seasons The Ultimate Fighter would have any legal implications. "We worked something out, I talked to Dana White off camera and the conversation was completely different than what they showed on camera. It worked out to where they released me when the episode aired so I was able to announce it right away." Bollingers situation is a unique circumstance because when a fighter loses on the show, they must remain in the house and train with their team until the end of the season (due to potential injuries). Because Bollinger got kicked off, he became a free agent. "It worked out well, instead of punishing me - and making me wait. (The UFC released me) right away which was really awesome of (Dana White)." The biggest question coming off his weight-cut woes on the Ultimate Fighter is will he still be competing at 135lbs? "Im staying at bantamweight, I can make the weight as long as I got the time and Im at home at my camp. I can make the weight no doubt." Surprisingly Bollinger opted not to pursue a contract with Bellator, whom he not only previously competed for, but whom also has a major television deal with Spike TV. "I talked to a couple promotions and from the get go (WSOF) stood out, not only financially, the terms of the contract, the number of fights and re-singing and all that." While no opponent has been announced for his WSOF debut in January, there are plenty of rumors floating around, including 25-year old Carson Beebe. "I think (Beebe) is a great match up, I like Carson Beebe we trained together at Jacksons MMA. If I end up fighting him, its a great matchup." Another name hitting the rumor mill is knockout artist Tyson Nam (12-5), who holds a first round stoppage over current Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas. "If that fight does happen, I think its going to be an exciting war and I think I can finish that fight impressively." Should that fight take place, Bollinger thinks he can handle the 30-year old in all aspects of the fight game. "I can take that fight anywhere, Im confident in my hands and my striking ability. And if he does rock me I dont see anyone who can outwrestle me at 135lbs." Looking back at the whole experience on The Ultimate Fighter, Bollinger is disappointed but has no regrets. He believes the competition is there in WSOFs bantamweight division and hes found a home to continue his MMA career. "As long as they can keep providing the competition, Im happy where Im at. I wouldnt change the situation (Im in) right now; I would go through it all again." For those fans and pundits who are critical of Bollinger becoming the latest Ultimate Fighter castoff missing weight, he has these final words. "You guys deserve your opinion, if somebody else had missed weight I would have said the same thing. I never missed weight in my life, unfortunately it was the one time it was completely unacceptable." Follow Cody on Twitter @CodyBollinger Tim Tebow Jersey . The appointment of Boullier continues the behind-the-scenes restructuring at McLaren, who recently brought back former team principal Ron Dennis as its new chief executive. Jacob deGrom Jersey .Y. - Major League Soccers independent review panel has taken back the fine and one-game suspension it placed on Toronto FC forward Luke Moore earlier this week. http://www.metssale.com/mets-david-wright-jersey/. Pironkova, who was ranked outside the top 100 despite reaching the Wimbledon semifinals in 2010, beat three top 10 players in Sydney, 2012 French Open finalist Sara Errani, 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and Kerber. Tug McGraw Jersey . - Vince Wilfork has played only two career games in Kansas City. Yoenis Cespedes Jersey . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil.If Jonathan Bernier is forced to miss a sixth straight game on Tuesday night with a groin strain, the Maple Leafs will be forced to decide between starting James Reimer or Drew MacIntyre in net. Reimer has started five straight games since relieving an injured Bernier against the Kings on Mar. 13. However, after a strong performance against Los Angeles, Reimer has struggled mightily. Through his five games started, Reimer has allowed 12 goals on 75 shots (.840 save percentage) with his team losing every time out. Starting back-to-back nights for the second time in less than week, Reimer allowed three goals to the New Jersey Devils on 10 shots SSunday night.ddddddddddddMacIntrye entered in relief of Reimer early in the second period and stopped all 12 shots he faced. Still, the Leafs fell 3-2. Unless Bernier proves ready for action, the Leafs will be forced to decide whether to turn back to Reimer or to give MacIntyre the first start of his NHL career against the best team in the Western Conference, the St. Louis Blues. Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said on Monday that hes not certain when Bernier will be ready to return, but said that hes making progress. With their playoff hopes slipping, who should the Leafs turn to Tuesday night, Reimer or MacIntyre? As always, its Your! Call. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz