Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
carrie567 Offline

10.06.2019 05:25
e team on Friday, Im Antworten

Government officials in Washington state, home to four Western Hockey League teams, have been investigating the working conditions of the teams mostly-teenaged players over the past year, TSN has learned. Matthew Erlich, a spokesman for Washingtons Department of Labor and Industry, told TSN that officials recently referred the case to the state attorney generals office and added that the labor department is waiting for a legal opinion from the attorney general before pursuing its investigation further. "This is a matter that focuses on child labor issues and potential wage-payment claims, both are important at labor and industries, where our top important goal is to ensure workplaces are safe," Erlich said. "Employees should also be paid for the work they do." Over the past few months, the debate over whether major junior hockey players should receive more money for playing has become a polarizing one. On one side, team owners say players receive modest reimbursements for their expenses, as well as a lucrative scholarship package that can be exercised so long as they dont go on to a career as a pro hockey player. Moreover, many teams in small markets are struggling to get by, the owners say. "Our teams in Washington and Michigan have been in contact with government officials and have explained that our players are student athletes and are participating in and contribute to their sport the same way as other amateur athletes," Canadian Hockey League commissioner David Branch told TSN. But officials with Unifor, Canadas largest private-sector union, paint a different picture. They say major junior hockey teams have become cash machines and that any problems that small market teams might have can easily be solved with revenue sharing. Unifor is pressing the Ontario provincial government to form task forces to scrutinize the working conditions in the Canadian Hockey League. Unifor president Jerry Dias hopes other governments follow suit. To that end, Dias met Tuesday with B.C. Premier Christy Clark, making his case for government action. "She was shocked," Dias said. "We explained that in the Western Hockey League, players are still making $50 a week, same as they did in the 1980s. Its just not right. These clubs are being run as for-profit businesses, and so little of the money finds its way to the players. Its basically slave labour." The stakes are high for CHL team owners. Dias said an average 40-hour work week adds up to about 2,000 hours a year. If players in Ontario were paid the minimum wage of $11 per hour for half the year, it would work out to about $11,000 per player, or at least $220,000 a year for each team. Its unclear how much teams now pay for players, but in recent years, the OHL paid players $55 a week. The league recently introduced new guidelines where teams reimburse players for expenses instead of paying them a set weekly amount. Eight of the CHLs 60 teams are based in the U.S. The four teams in Washington are the Everett Silvertips, the Seattle Thunderbirds, the Spokane Chiefs and the Tri-City Americans. In the OHL, the Plymouth Whalers and Saginaw Spirit are in Michigan. If players on U.S.-based teams were declared by the government to be employees, instead of student athletes, as the CHL says they are, they might also have more rights under worker compensation laws. One CHL team owner said that he has been in touch with his local member of provincial parliament to caution that if the governments do change their policies on major junior hockey, it might have a ripple effect on sports across the country. "If we have to pay minimum wage, then other junior leagues, Junior B and Junior C leagues, will have to do the same thing," said the owner, who asked for anonymity because he said CHL team owners have agreed that Branch will speak publicly for the group about the issue. "Maybe it will apply to Canadian universities that charge admission for sports games. It could have a huge effect." But that might not be completely true. Theres a difference between a Junior B hockey player or Canadian university player and a player in major junior - teams in major junior hold a draft and control for years the rights of a player. The players dont choose where to play. "It should not come as a surprise that team owners are active in their communities and some may be in contact with elected officials at all levels to express their views on range of issues," Branch said. "Any change to the status of CHL hockey players would undoubtedly impact all other amateur athletes in our country, regardless of what sport they participate in," he said. "For all of these sports there are multiple complicated questions regarding expenses and the status of student athletes and other amateur athletes, all of which have the potential to impact on numerous sports programs in Ontario and throughout Canada." John Randle Jersey . Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17 games at the Friendly Confines. Trae Waynes Jersey . Louis second-period goal increased the New York Rangers lead but Dustin Brown has countered for the Los Angeles Kings who now trail the New York Rangers 2-1 in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final at Madison Square Garden. http://www.officialminnesotavikingsfootb...rsey-womens.com) - Klay Thompson is quickly proving he is worth every penny of his recently signed four-year contract extension. Marcus Sherels Jersey .Cullen scored the go-ahead goal at 13:47 of the third period and Nashville beat the slumping Dallas Stars 3-2 on Thursday in a game that wasnt decided until the last shot of the night. Kyle Rudolph Jersey . Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick says thats the finding from an autopsy conducted Thursday by the county Medical Examiners Office.Sam Tomkins says Hull FC would be daft not to target him when he makes his Wigan return on Friday night, live on Sky Sports. Wigan boss Shaun Wane has hinted that Tomkins will start on the bench, but the England international expects to be put under pressure immediately by Hulls pin-point kicker Marc Sneyd.Sneyd produced a man-of-the-match performance in Hulls Challenge Cup win over Saints last Sunday, and Tomkins expects the stand-off and his team-mates to provide an aerial bombardment as he makes his return from a nine-month injury lay-off. Theyd be daft not to, wouldnt they? Tomkins said. I know what Id be doing if I was playing against a bloke whos not played for six months. But Ive dealt with stuff like that before. I know Ive had a significant injury and getting back to playing is not about your best form immediately coming out. But Ill certainly add something to the team on Friday, Im not going to be a weak link, thats for sure. Sam Tomkins Hull are on fire at the minute. They schooled St Helens at the weekend and the signings theyve made this year have given them a huge boost.Theyre strong and with Marc Sneyds kicking game theyre going to be a big threat.Tomkins, who made his Wigan debut exactly eight years ago in a Challenge Cup-tie against Whitehaven in which he scored five tries, makes his re-appearance alongside older brother Joel, who has also recovered from a knee injury.It will be the first time they have played together since October 2011, and while the 27-year-old admits it will take him time to find his form, he intends to make a mark against Hull in the top-four clash at the DW Stadium.Im realistic, Tomkins said. Im not going to be coming out Friday and performing to my very best. 2012 Man of SSteel Sam Tomkins is due to make his second Wigan debut on Friday and he has revealed to Sky Sports why he decided to return to the Super Leagu I know Ive had a significant injury and getting back to playing is not about your best form immediately coming out.ddddddddddddBut Ill certainly add something to the team on Friday, Im not going to be a weak link, thats for sure.Ive got my own standards and I know what I need to do for the team. My job this week is going to be simple; I dont know how long Ill play but when I do, I need to make sure I give the team something weve not had this year.The boys have gone well but I dont think weve played brilliantly either. Weve won some games ugly and we dont want to be doing that all year. Barrie McDermott has a look at all this weekends games in Super League Hull have Sika Manu back from international duty but his second-row partner Frank Pritchard will be missing after being handed a one-match ban for a high tackle in Samoas Test victory over Tonga in Sydney.Wane admits Hull coach Lee Radfords decision to release the pair was a brave one but does not believe his absence will significantly weaken a Hull pack containing former England captain Gareth Ellis, Australian Mark Minichiello and ex-Wigan prop Scott Taylor.Their back-rowers were strong anyway and Pritchard didnt play the last time against us, Wane said.Wigan Warriors: John Bateman, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Dom Crosby, Oliver Gildart, Anthony Gelling, Willie Isa, Dom Manfredi, Lee Mossop, Sean OLoughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, Joel Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, George Williams.Hull FC: Josh Bowden, Gareth Ellis, Mahe Fonua, Chris Green, Dean Hadley, Danny Houghton, Sika Manu, Steve Michaels, Mark Minichiello, Curtis Naughton, Leon Pryce, Jamie Shaul, Marc Sneyd, Fetuli Talanoa, Scott Taylor, Jordan Thompson, Danny Washbrook, Liam Watts, Kirk Yeaman. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz