Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

26.06.2019 08:49
ively healthy, with only two additions to th Antworten

Her parents say they love when it happens, usually in the handshake line after a game when they hear the surprised tone in someones voice.Sometimes it is preceded by, Oh my God, as in Oh my God, that was a girl, which is what an opposing coach said recently after Auburn Roberson threw the winning touchdown pass, then took off her helmet as the two teams traded good games.Were like, Oh yeah, they just found out shes a girl, Autumn Roberson says of her 13-year-old daughter. And shed rather it be like that. Thats why her hair is never down, its never sticking out, because she wants you to think shes one of the boys.Its really all Auburn asks. No fanfare. No special favors. In fact, the only time she was ever close to being annoyed with her best friend, Justin Birkelbach, whos three months younger than Auburn but 122 pounds heavier and 11 inches taller, was when he refused to tackle her hard.It was the first year we were on different teams -- we were in fourth grade, Birkelbach, 12, recalls. I was scared to death to tackle her the first time, and I remember when I did tackle her, I gently placed her on the ground. Then right after, I tried to help her back up because I didnt want to just leave her on the ground.She kept dropping hints later that she wanted me to try harder and just play regularly.He would find out the depth of that wish when all five-feet, 105 pounds of her bore down on him at a game a few weeks ago, and took him out at the ankles.Im not at all worried about her [anymore], he says with a smile. If anything, Im worried about the people she tackles.One of an estimated 25,000 girls who played the sport on the youth level in this country last year (according to USA Football), Auburn loves football. She loves it so much that her bedroom -- with the Fatheads of her in uniform from her Super Bowl-winning teams; the NFL-themed bed linens and furniture; assorted signed footballs and framed photos; trophies; a Cam Newton feature wall and closet full of football jerseys -- is every football-lovers dream, and the envy of all her little brothers friends.She loves football so much that after a brief and ill-fated attempt by her mother, a former college cheerleader, to enroll her in dance classes as a toddler, her parents snuck her into an all-sports recreational program at age 4 -- one year younger than the enrollment requirements.They should have known by then that that was where Auburn would be happiest. At a year and a half, her father, Brian, noticed that when theyd throw a ball around the house -- any ball -- she had perfect aim; she could throw it on a line and zip it right in at you.Auburn loves football so much that when she started bringing home books from the school library in first grade, the first one was The History of the Green Bay Packers.After that, it was the history of any team, Autumn says. So I know more about every team than I want to.Auburn, who plays quarterback and middle linebacker for the Haines Middle School team in St. Charles, Illinois, and quarterback, running back and safety for her area club team, the Tri-City Chargers, loves the sport so much that she says she would like to continue to play on the high school level, college level and until recently, maybe even the NFL level.She doesnt rule out the womens pro league, either. Its all right, the uniforms kind of throw me off [though], she says of the Legends Football Leagues bikinis-with-shoulder pads look. If it was more like the NFL, Id probably like to play, yeah.But realistically, what is her future in the game?Sam Gordon was 9 when she shot to YouTube fame after her father, Brent, circulated a highlight reel that showed his less-than-60-pound daughter whizzing past defenders and scoring at will in her mostly male tackle football league in the suburbs of Salt Lake City, Utah.Sam, now a 13-year-old eighth-grader, has serious aspirations and elite talent in soccer, but she still plays football. Now, however, it is in an all-girls tackle football league she and her father started two years ago after Sam asked kids at a school assembly if any girls were interested in playing, and nearly every hand shot up.Last season, they had more than 100 girls enrolled in the eight-team league. And Sam says she feels for Auburn and female football players like her who are usually at a size disadvantage against boys as they enter their teenage years.It really is unfortunate girls dont have quite as good opportunities to get college scholarships in football, and it seems like less of a chance to play in high school, just because by that age, girls at their peak form are not going to be as tall and heavy as boys, she says.That was where my dream of girls tackle football comes in. I want girls like [Auburn] to be able to play in high school and get college scholarships and play football at a professional level, and I think [girls leagues] give more girls opportunities to do what they want to do.Sam said she heard from girls who wanted to play football, but who said their parents did not want them to compete against boys. The all-girls league is a good solution, she says, and she doesnt miss playing with boys.All the girls have such a fun time, which is a little different with boys. With boys, you see many of them doing it for a long time, but not with the same love of the game that the girls have. With girls, everyone really wants to be there, so it makes the experience so much better.She will pursue soccer, but said she wants to continue to play in an all-girls football league, hoping to entice high schools in her area to start club teams. At 4-foot-8, 90 pounds, she said she couldnt envision playing with boys in high school.I think they would take me seriously in high school, but to be honest I dont know how good of a chance I would have, Sam says. I think I would be one of the better ones in agility and speed, but in size and strength, even compared to girls Im small, and Id be crushed by boys, honestly. It would be difficult getting a starting spot. When theyre that big, its very difficult.Brent Gordon said he is a big believer in the team building, discipline and hard work that carries over from football to other aspects of life.But I dont think in older age groups, the risk of injury is worth it, he says. There are other pursuits, theres also all-girls leagues. I think girls should definitely consider playing football at younger ages but definitely should also be realistic about their risk of injury as they get older.Auburn said she loves the game because she loves the action. In other sports, its maybe waiting around, or its too fast and I kind of like the pace of football, she says. Its really exciting and everything.She calls the plays on both offense and defense and its what she likes most about being quarterback.Im in charge of it all. I mean, Im not bossy about it or anything, but its nice to be in control because I almost know whats going to happen and whats happening around me, so its easier.She loves Joe Montana and Tom Brady, but worships Cam Newton because of his style of play.Especially at this age, seventh grade, probably the first reaction [of other boys] is Oh, its a girl, lets go lay some hits on her, says her Haines teammate Max Medernich, 12. But Auburn is one of a kind, a Cam Newton sort of thing. She can throw, she can run, she can do anything. And people are shocked by her. Shes magnificent.Auburn also plays basketball with girls and baseball with boys and its her overall athletic ability that helps her most, says Luke Sharkey, 13, another Haines teammate.She has a great arm and can run really well, he says. Once she gets out of the pocket, I know theres a first down coming or a significant play.Autumn, who has two younger children -- August, 11, and Braidy, 9 -- says she thought it was crazy to allow her oldest daughter to begin tackle football at age 7. And her husband agreed it certainly wasnt part of any plan.It always just felt like she was meant to do it, Brian says. It was an easy decision on my part.He kept telling me, Shell be fine, Autumn says.Last year, when Brandon Petersen, a social studies teacher and the football, basketball and track coach at Haines for 14 years, asked his class who was interested in playing football this fall, Auburn raised her hand.I never had a girl volunteer to play football for my team before, Petersen says. So out of curiosity I said, What position do you want to play? And she said quarterback, and I was like, Thats interesting.He says his first thought was how they would handle the whole locker room thing. His second? Could she handle the physicality? When we do tackling drills, can she handle it?Then he saw her throw.I was like, Whoa, now I can see why she wants to play quarterback, he says. When we do tackling drills, shell put her shoulder right into anybody. We had a game [a few weeks ago] and they had a kid about 200 pounds and she just took him down like it was nothing.Petersen calls Auburn poised, a great leader who commands the huddle, and an astute student of the game who recognized offenses and defenses scarcely before he introduces them. As for the reaction of his male players, many of whom had played with Auburn since second grade? They recognize how good she is and the transition has been seamless, he says. Ive never had to acknowledge the fact that shes a girl or her gender at all.Her Tri-City Chargers coach Brian Glon said he was not aware Auburn was a girl during league evaluations prior to their draft, but after finding out, he came home and announced to his wife: I might draft a girl.I told her, You dont understand, she is head and shoulders better than most of the boys her age, Glon says.He calls Auburn one of the best we have as far as technique, shes a great tackler ... has a fantastic stiff arm, probably the best in the league, he says. Shes not the fastest in straightaway speed, but shes powerful. And as a competitor, we were just in a fourth-down situation with the clock winding down and she told me, Coach, give me the ball, Ill get the first down. I did and sure enough, she pushed her way in there and we won the game.But as with all football players, size is still an issue.When the boys mature from eighth grade to freshman year, is she going to be able to mature? he said. Right now, shes one of the fastest and strongest and can throw the ball 40 to 50 yards. But can she continue to grow?St. Charles North, the high school where Auburn and her Haines classmates will attend in two years, is currently 9-2 in football and ranked 44th in the state. In his four years as head coach, Rob Pomazak has sent 13 players to compete on the collegiate level -- six to Division I schools -- and currently has three players committed to play at D-I schools.But Pomazak does not hesitate when asked about Auburn one day playing for him and becoming one of the more than 1,700 girls who play high school football in the U.S., according to the National Federation of State High School Associations.Currently, shes the best quarterback at her school at her grade level, so I dont see any reason why she wouldnt come in at quarterback as a freshman, Pomazak says. After that, whether she stays at quarterback or we have to put her at running back or another position to be successful, whatever is in her best interest. But if shes the best player at her position, there is no reason for her not to continue to play that position.The smallest player on Pomazaks varsity squad this season is 5-5, 130 pounds. He has four players who weigh less than 150 pounds. While the coach acknowledges that at some point Auburn (whose parents are 5-6 and 5-8) might not be able to match up physically, he is aware of her desire for a career in football one day, possibly as an NFL scout or coach.If coaching is in her future, we want to put her in the best position to have her keep learning the game, Pomazak says. [But] I hope she plays four years, Ill be perfectly honest. We dont have many people with the leadership skills and drive Auburn has. By no means will we try to hide her or put her as a manager.He says he fully expects his team as well as the community to be as receptive to Auburn as they were to Kat Stutzman, a soccer goalie and kicker he had on his team who graduated in 2013 and went on to the Air Force Academy, though she did not continue on in football.Her teammates will have played with her since second grade and will all be very familiar with Auburn, he says.And theyre apparently not interested in leaving her behind.I hope she does [play in high school], says Haines teammate Josh Kennedy, 13. Its going to get a lot harder for her, but I think its definitely possible. All she has to do is just keep working hard like she has been. A couple years ago she told me she had a quarterback coach and I was like, Wow, she really takes this seriously.For now, Auburn says she is concentrating on basketball because she knows she can probably play in high school. Her father also stuck a golf club in her hand a few years ago. Im not too bad at golf, she says. If I could get a scholarship in that, that would be good.Auburns parents are unlikely to be surprised at anything at this point. With other sports when the season is done, now its time to move onto the next one, Brian says. But she never tires of football. I just feel shes meant to keep playing. She likes it that much.Autumn admits their daughter has blown our minds playing this long. But, the reality is that if Auburn wants a college athletic scholarship, it probably wont happen in football.I just kind of want to play as long as I can, Auburn says. If I could make it to high school, that would be nice. I think I could probably [make it] freshman year but anything past that, Id have to work really hard for it. Just being smaller, all of them are so big. ...I can punt. I could try kicking. I really just want to be around the game. Brad Seaton Jersey . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. Joe Thomas Jersey . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. http://www.cheapbrownsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-duke-johnson-jr-jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. J.T. Hassell Jersey . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Joe Schobert Jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. NFL Nation reporters assess the biggest injuries across the league for Week 2.AFC East | AFC North| AFC South | AFC West NFC East | NFC North | NFC South | NFC WestAFC EASTBuffalo BillsThe Bills listed Sammy Watkins as questionable for Thursdays game against the Jets, but he insists his sore foot wont keep him out of action. If he cant play, the Bills are likely to use a mix of Greg Salas and Marquise Goodwin in his place. Left tackle Cordy Glenn is out because of an ankle injury, and 2014 second-round pick Cyrus Kouandjio will receive his third career start in Glenns place. -- Mike RodakMiami DolphinsThe Dolphins put starting defensive end Mario Williams, who didnt finish last weeks game, in concussion protocol.?Williams didnt practice Wednesday, and his status is in question for Sundays game against New England. If Williams cannot play, Cameron Wake will get more reps in his place. Wake played just 29 snaps as a situational pass-rusher but would have to increase his workload with a shorter rotation at defensive end. -- James WalkerNew England PatriotsLinebacker Donta Hightower was not present at Wednesdays practice after he injured his knee on the second series of the opener. He played through the injury, but his status bears monitoring this week. Meanwhile, tight end Rob Gronkowski and left tackle Nate Solder, both of whom missed the season opener because of hamstring injuries, were limited participants in Wednesdays practice. Unless this changes in the next two days, it likely means they will be questionable for Sundays home opener against the Dolphins. If Gronkowski doesnt play, the Patriots will once again rely on Martellus Bennett as the top tight end?option; he played 69 of 71 offensive snaps in the season opener. -- Mike ReissNew York JetsThe Jets are in good shape for Thursday night against the Bills. The only two notable injuries are defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle, toe) and linebacker David Harris (shoulder), both of whom are questionable. The team expects both to play, though Harris will be less than 100 percent, especially in a short week. The injury?happened three weeks ago, and hes still undergoing treatment. He played every defensive snap in the opener. -- Rich CiminiAFC NORTHBaltimore RavensWide receiver Breshad Perriman is on the injury list again. Hes dealing with a minor calf issue, but it was enough to keep him sidelined Wednesday, and it could keep him out of Sundays game against the Browns. Without Perriman, the Ravens would rely even more on Mike Wallace in the deep passing game. Linebacker Elvis Dumervil remains out with a foot injury, and its unlikely hell play. With backup ZaDarius Smith also sidelined by an ankle injury, Baltimore might look to rookie Matt Judon to be an outside edge rusher. -- Jamison HensleyCincinnati BengalsTight end Tyler Eifert?said Wednesday that he would miss Sundays game against the Steelers. His ankle injury is still keeping him off the practice field. Cornerback Darqueze Dennard practiced fully for the first time, which indicates that he could return to the lineup Sunday. C.J. Uzomah, Eiferts replacement who had only one catch as a rookie, had a breakout game against the Jets, with a 54-yard pass reception. Dennard will likely man the slot upon his return.?-- Katherine TerrellCleveland BrownsJosh McCown takes over for Robert Griffin III at quarterback?with Griffin sidelined by a fracture in his shoulder. Im full speed ahead with Josh, coach Hue Jackson said. The only other injury of note was to backup safety Derrick Kindred, who was limited by an ankle on Wednesday. Kindred played well in relief of Ibraheim Campbell in the opener. -- Pat McManamonPittsburgh SteelersLinebacker Ryan Shazier missed Wednesdays practice because of a knee injury, and though it isnt considered serious, his status for the Bengals game is in doubt. Shazier, fresh off an interception in Week 1, is pushing hard behind the scenes. He doesnt want to miss any time. -- Jeremy FowlerAFC SOUTHHouston TexansBesides inside linebacker Brian Cushing and left tackle Duane Brown, who will definitely not play Sunday against the Chiefs, the Texans are relatively healthy. Coach Bill OBrien said Brown and Cushing are weeks away from returning. While Brown has been out, tackle Chris Clark has played in his place. He played every offensive snap Sunday and was solid against the Bears. After Cushing left Sundays game early in the first quarter, Max Bullough filled in at inside linebacker and improved as the game went along, registering five combined tackles, including one for a loss. The Texans have depth at linebacker, including Akeem Dent and Brian Peters. -- Sarah BarshopIndianapolis ColtsOutside linebacker Robert Mathis did not practice Wednesday because of a foot injury. He said on his weekly radio show on WNDE 1260 AM in Indianapolis that he has a hyperextended toe and is wearing a protective boot. The Colts cant afford to lose Mathis, who was held out of the preseason, because?they had only one sack in their Week 1 loss to Detroit. Trent Cole, who had three sacks last season, will likely start if Mathis doesnt play. -- Mike WellsJacksonville JaguarsRunning back Chris Ivory was released from the hospital Tuesday, but the Jaguars arent sure whether hell be available for Sundays game in San Diego. Ivory was hospitalized Sunday morning with what the team said was a general medical issue. Ivory did not practice Wednesday, though he is expected to hold a news conference to address his injury at some point this week. If Ivory does not play against the Chargers -- and thats the way its looking -- the Jaguars might give kick returner Corey Grant some reps on offense, in addition to Denard Robinson. Ivory is expected to return to the field at some point, but it looks like that will be next week at the earliest. -- Mike DiRoccoTennessee TitansOutside linebacker Derrick Morgan (left hamstring) was out Wednesday, but coach Mike Mularkey left open the possibility that Morgan could practice Thursday, and that would give him a chance to play. If the Titans are without him, David Bass and two rookies -- Kevin Dodd and Aaron Wallace -- will combine to fill in, and Mularkey expects production. The Titans were thin behind Morgan and Brian Orakpo last season, which was a big reason they spent the first pick of the second round on Dodd. -- Paul KuharskyAFC WESTDenver BroncosAll eyes are on wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who is getting treatment on the left hip injury he suffered in the first quarter of the regular-season opener against the Panthers. Thomas was held out of Mondays practice, but he practiced on a limited basis Wednesday. Coach Gary Kubiak said Thomas took about a third of the reps in Wednesdays practice. Kubiak added that Thomas is on course to make it to Sunday. The Broncos could be helped by the fact that they played Thursday because that meant they could give Thomas treatment through the weekend. At Wednesdays practice, Thomas could be seen hitting his left hip after he ran at times. The Broncos have some depth issues overall, given that?Bennie Fowler, the teams No. 3 receiver in training camp, is still trying to come back from the fracture near his right elbow that he suffered in the preseason opener. -- Jeff LegwoldKansas City ChiefsRight guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has a high ankle sprain and is unlikely to be available when the Chiefs play the Texans on Sunday. The Chiefs would fill in with their veteran backup, Zach Fulton, who is a former starter, but the injury still comes at a bad time. Duvernay-Tardif had one of the best games of his career last week against the Chargers, and the Chiefs were hoping for offensive line stability, something they didnt have last season. Duvernay-Tardif was injured on the games final play, quarterback Alex Smiths overtime touchdown run. -- Adam TeicherOakland RaidersThe Raiders makeshift offensive line, which helped them to that epic comeback win in New Orleans, has questions all over the place, especially on the right side. While backup right tackle Austin Howard practiced fully Wednesday for the first time since he sprained his right ankle on Sept. 1, center Rodney Hudson (knee), left guard Gabe Jackson (left knee) and right tackles Menelik Watson (groin) and Matt McCants (left knee) all sat out practice. Hudson and Jackson are expected to play in Sundays home opener against the Falcons, but keep an eye on rookie guard/tackle Vadal Alexander, who was a healthy scratch Sunday in New Orleans. -- Paul GutierrezSan Diego ChargersJoey Bosa is still nursing a hamstring injury and did not practice Wednesday, which means the rookie defensive end will likely miss his second game when the Chargers play host to the Jaguars in the teams home opener on Sunday.dddddddddddd Bosa has not participated in a padded practice since he signed his rookie deal on Aug. 29. Like Ive been saying, hes day-to-day, Chargers coach Mike McCoy said. I really cant give you a great update until hes out here in pads and hes out here practicing with the team. Then his odds will go way up, whether or not hes going to play in a game. But Im never going to rule him out until hes officially out. -- Eric D. WilliamsNFC EASTDallas CowboysLeft tackle Tyron Smith (stinger) and cornerback Orlando Scandrick (hamstring) were knocked from the opener because of injuries, but the Cowboys believe that because they were able to return to the game, there shouldnt be issues moving forward. Smiths injury was a reoccurrence of a training camp hit, and he is being fitted for a larger neck roll. Scandrick has battled through a hamstring injury before. Both players were able to go through full practices on Wednesday. -- Todd ArcherNew York GiantsThe Giants are shockingly healthy, even though they lost reserve linebacker J.T. Thomas for the season in the opener. All 22 starters are practicing this week and are expected to play. Linebacker?Jonathan Casillas hand might be the only concern, but that isnt serious. -- Jordan RaananPhiladelphia EaglesTight end Zach Ertz is expected to be sidelined this week after he suffered a rib displacement against the Browns. Its a dangerous situation with a displaced bone, coach Doug Pederson said. You are talking up around the neck and head area, so any type of blow again could do further damage to that. Thats why its a week-to-week deal to see how it heals and recovers. Trey Burton could have a fairly significant role in Ertzs absence. Starting cornerback Leodis McKelvin is also week-to-week because of a hamstring injury. Ron Brooks and rookie Jalen Mills will be called on to pull extra weight if he cant go. -- Tim McManusWashington RedskinsThe Redskins are a healthy team, and there isnt much concern, though defensive end Chris Baker was limited in practice because of rib and knee issues. Losing him would be a big blow, considering he is the teams best defensive lineman, but at this point, it appears hell play. -- John KeimNFC NORTHChicago BearsThe biggest injury concern for the Bears is still Kyle Longs left shoulder. Long is determined to play the entire year on a torn labrum, but he is often in visible pain during and immediately after games. Long deserves a ton of credit for attempting to play through such a difficult shoulder injury, but there is concern that eventually the shoulder will simply give out. Long is such an important member of the offensive line. Its hard to envision the Bears running the football successfully without him?at right guard, where he has been voted to multiple Pro Bowls. -- Jeff DickersonDetroit LionsDeAndre Levy missed practice Wednesday and was the only player not at least partially available for Detroit. If Levy were unable to play Sunday, it would leave a massive hole at linebacker. The teams depth there would be thin, and?Kyle Van Noy or rookie Antwione Williams would likely have to fill in. The play of both would be a drop-off from one of the best coverage linebackers in the NFL. -- Michael RothsteinGreen Bay PackersCornerback Sam Shields sustained his second concussion in less than nine months late in Sundays win over the Jaguars. It was his fourth since 2011. He missed a month last time he was concussed, but the time before that, he played the following week. The Packers were so thin at cornerback on Wednesday -- rookie Josh Hawkins (hamstring) was also out -- that practice-squad receiver Herb Walker had to line up on defense. -- Rob DemovskyMinnesota VikingsLeft tackle Matt Kalil was seen leaving the teams training facility in a T-shirt and shorts just before practice started Wednesday, and Kalil was listed as a non-participant because of the hip injury that has bothered him for a couple weeks. Kalil said at the end of training camp that he was simply resting up some little things, but given the tackles injury history -- and the task the Vikings face Sunday night against a blitz-heavy Packers defense -- it bears watching what the Vikings do with Kalil the rest of the week. -- Ben GoesslingNFC SOUTHAtlanta FalconsThe Falcons top two wide receivers, Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu, are dealing with ankle injuries. Both were limited during Wednesdays practice, as the Falcons continued preparation for Sundays matchup with the Raiders. Jones told ESPN hes going to be fine, while Sanu said Im good when asked about his ankle. Another key offensive player, running back?Devonta Freeman, was limited Wednesday by a quad injury. -- Vaughn McClureCarolina PanthersRunning back Jonathan Stewart showed up on the injury report with a sprained ankle that coach Ron Rivera expressed no concern about. Stewart isnt sure how he suffered it. Safety Dean Marlowe (hamstring) was limited in practice, but he appears close to being ready to give the Panthers much-needed depth at the position. -- David NewtonNew Orleans SaintsThe Saints know they wont have top cornerback?Delvin Breaux for about six weeks, which is a huge loss, considering theyre about to face Odell Beckham Jr. and the Giants. The biggest issue this week is whether left tackle?Terron Armstead can get closer to 100 percent with his quad injury. Armstead will play, but he admitted to shaking off some rust last week. He is one of the Saints two or three best players and will face a tough challenge against Giants pass-rusher?Olivier Vernon. -- Mike TriplettTampa Bay BuccaneersThis isnt really a question -- its definitive that defensive end Jacquies Smith is done for the season because of a torn ACL. He led the team with four sacks this preseason and was the top pass-rushing defensive end the past two seasons. Although the Bucs have more of a rotation going along the defensive line, this still hurts. How much? That depends on who steps in. Theyll have William Gholston for their base defense, but in terms of a pass-rusher? Noah Spence didnt line up on the left at all during camp. Hes an option, as is Howard Jones. Also?keep an eye out for DaVonte Lambert. -- Jenna LaineNFC WESTArizona CardinalsThe biggest injury concern for the Cardinals this week is right guard Evan Mathis, who sustained a mid-foot sprain in the second quarter Sunday night. He didnt practice Wednesday, and coach Bruce Arians listed Mathis as day-to-day and added that the team?will see how Mathis practices Thursday, if hes able to take the field. With defensive end?Frostee Rucker out two to three weeks because of an MCL injury, Ed Stinson has been taking his snaps, and?Rodney Gunter has been working at right end. -- Josh WeinfussLos Angeles RamsThe Rams need as much help as they can get at wide receiver, but it doesnt look like theyll get it immediately. Nelson Spruce (knee) and Pharoh Cooper (shoulder) were both inactive for Week 1 and probably wont be available in Week 2. Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Spruce is probably a week or two away. He has yet to comment on Cooper, who injured himself while making an acrobatic catch in the third preseason game, but shoulder injuries take time. Both can be major assets in the intermediate passing game that suits Case Keenums skill set. -- Alden GonzalezSan Francisco 49ersThe 49ers came out of the season opener relatively healthy, with only two additions to the injury report Wednesday. One guy to keep an eye on is defensive lineman Arik Armstead. He has been battling a shoulder issue, and that limited him in the preseason and in Wednesdays practice. The Niners used him mostly on passing downs in the opener, but theyre hoping to work him in more as he continues to manage the injury. He was effective in a fairly small sample size against t

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz