Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

19.07.2019 09:06
than just an internet meme. Fittingly, Jorda Antworten

In the surest sign yet of his cricketing evolution, Australias vice-captain David Warner has done something once unthinkable for him and swayed out of the way of a verbal bouncer from South Africas spearhead Dale Steyn.Tossed a recitation of Steyns words about cutting off the head of the Australian team by targeting their leadership, Warner refused to take a swat at it. This very notion would have seemed ridiculous little more than 18 months ago: just ask Jonathan scared eyes Trott or Rohit speak English Sharma.But two days out from the start of a Test match that may well dictate the course of the summer for an Australian side still establishing a fresh identity under the leadership of Steven Smith and his deputy, Warner chose discretion to be the better part of valour. He even invited South Africas pacemen to get angry in the hope it would result in poor bowling.There are 11 players in the team and if Dale wants to start playing that game Ill let him do that, Warner said on Tuesday. For us its about going out and doing our best, and if he feels that cutting the head off the snake then everyone else falls apart, I dont see that happening at all.Thats the fast-bowler talk, were not going to entertain those thoughts or scenarios, were just going to go out there, back ourselves and do what we do best. That is [to] play positive cricket. We know the conditions were going to face out here, so hopefully they do get carried away and start bowling short and fast, because at the end of the day youve got to bowl at the stumps to get wickets.Warner has taken to a nickname of the reverend, coined by team-mates for the way he has abstained from sledging and other inflammatory tactics in search of a more serene approach. Perhaps the most fascinating element of all this is it takes him away from the confrontational streak that has seemingly informed a lot of his best innings, notably his dominant tour of South Africa in 2014.I feel that its come more with maturity, that Ive started to let my bat do the talking, Warner said. Thats what happens when you evolve as a player and you get to a point where you understand the game well enough. [Kagiso] Rabada spoke the other day about banter out there and you know hes a young guy coming through and thats something he gains confidence through.I know he said a few words when we were in South Africa, but you love that as a batsman. I feel now that I let my bat do the talking and thats all I have to worry about when Im out there. With the new [ICC] laws and the demerit points they go for two years, so I cant afford to sit out a game.Intriguingly, Warner reflected that his dominance in South Africa two years ago stemmed as much from good fortune as a combative attitude, noting how many dropped catches allowed him to make a century at Centurion, another pair of substantial scores in Port Elizabeth and then twin hundreds at Newlands.There was a lot of luck. Think I got dropped every game, Warner said. I think that we had a great bowling attack there, we had the intimidation factor. We had players who verbally got together and really showed presence out there. I think thats what we really needed to get over the South Africans. They had a fantastic line-up, batting and bowling.We felt we really had to have that presence in their own backyard as we always have to have in our own backyard…. But over there I think there was just something different about the Australian cricket team. We knew we had to fight together to beat them on their home turf and we managed to do that.But as we know, Test cricket, the best ones go down to that last hour [in Cape Town] and it was a fantastic effort from the bowlers predominantly to grind out that day because I think we had Adelaide in the back of our minds when we played there. For myself looking back at that, [Ive] got to try and look at what worked for me then to try and make it work this summer.To that end, Warner will be working alongside Shaun Marsh, another century-maker on that tour, who will open the batting at home for Australia for the first time. Though he has batted all the way up and down the order for Western Australia, it is actually as an opener that Marsh has been most successful, averaging 49.54 from 27 first-class innings as an opener down under.When SOS [Marsh] doesnt say much to me I think I am in a great position, Warner said. Because we all know SOS is a man of few words. Hes an intense player, the feedback we get when were out there together is we try and rotate strike a fair bit, thats one thing we really work on as a partnership, and he likes to leave a lot of balls early on in his innings. Im a bit different, I like to feel bat on ball.But we work very well together, weve batted together in one-dayers, Test matches, we know each other very well and thats the good thing about coming into a Test series. When you know your partner at the other end, and I was fortunate that the selectors have gone that way as well, instead of picking someone who was fresh and new.Warners other partner this summer is his captain. Recent insights offered by Michael Clarke and Brad Haddin have sharpened focus on the role of the vice-captain, and Warner is wise to the need to operate well in concert with Smith for the sake of the team. For me its about making his job easier, he said.Doing the little things around the group to make sure his job is just solely based on out on the field being tactical, bowling changes, etc. And away from the field just making sure the troops are upbeat and ready to go. If anyone needs anything I ask the guys come to me and just let Smudge think about what he has to do for the Test match coming up.You guys know Steven, hes a very simple, down-to-earth guy, hes very cruisy, so he actually likes being a bit more hands-on, likes getting feedback from the guys which is great. I just try and make his life a little bit easier if I can. David Ross Cubs Jersey . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Anthony Rizzo Cubs Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-kyle-schwarber-jersey/ . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Carlos Zambrano Cubs Jersey . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. Brandon Morrow Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. WASHINGTON -- Saying they had touched him in a powerful and personal way, President Barack Obama awarded the nations highest civilian honor to 21 groundbreaking actors, musicians, athletes and others during a ceremony on Tuesday at the White House.These are folks who have helped make me who I am, Obama said as the celebration concluded in the White House East Room.The awards had a major sports component, with Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Vin Scully among those recognized with the highest American civilian honor.That led to plenty of sports moments at Tuesdays ceremony, including Obama noting that MJ is more than just a logo. Hes more than just an internet meme. Fittingly, Jordan was crying as Obama made the comment.There is a reason you call somebody the Michael Jordan of, Obama said. The Michael Jordan of neurosurgery or the Michael Jordan of rabbis or the Michael Jordan of outrigger canoeing. Everyone knows what youre talking about.The president also had an eloquent description of Scully, saying, You hear the crack of the bat. Youve got the crowd singing in the seventh-inning stretch. And youve got the voice of Vin Scully.Among those also getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom were actors Tom Hanks, Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Cicely Tyson.Bruce Springsteen and Diana Ross were recognized for their musiic.ddddddddddddOther honorees included philanthropists Bill and Melinda Gates and comedian Ellen DeGeneres.Obama said the people receiving the medal helped push America forward and inspired millions around the world.?The White House said the president and his staff spend time considering a variety of candidates for the award, but ultimately, its the presidents decision.The award recognizes especially meritorious contributions to the national interests of the United States, to its culture or to other significant endeavors.Posthumous honors went to Native American advocate Elouise Cobell and Rear Adm. Grace Hopper.Others receiving the award included: Richard Garwin, an inventor and polymath physicist who made pioneering contributions to the nations defense; Frank Gehry, one of the worlds leading architects; Margaret H. Hamilton, a mathematician and computer scientist; Maya Lin, the designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial; Lorne Michaels, producer of Saturday Night Live; Newton Minow, a former Federal Communications Commission chairman devoted to numerous public and charitable causes; and Eduardo Padron, president of Miami Dade College.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz