Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

26.07.2019 11:01
About a third of the way through the r Antworten

STANFORD, Calif. -- As Johanna Konta pounded the ball from every spot on the court Sunday and rarely missed, there were moments Venus Williams could do little more than applaud her opponents stellar day as winners whipped down the line and drop shots fell perfectly.With a crowd of 2,268 largely rooting for the American icon Williams, Konta regularly reminded herself to breathe to keep her mind on the match and not her daunting task.The hard-hitting Konta outslugged top-seeded Williams to capture her first career singles title at last while playing for her first championship, winning the Bank of the West Classic 7-5, 5-7, 6-2.Its actually quite an incredibly humbling experience. Its a great validation of the hard work youve been putting in and its a great motivator on the things you want to keep getting better at, she said. I played her twice previously. I knew going into it I was going to be playing against a magnitude of experience. Venus Williams doesnt need an introduction.Her serve and return games equally solid on another unseasonably hot day at Stanford, Konta held on in the third set after squandering a 4-1 lead in the second to open the door for Williams to come back.When Williams netted her forehand return on the third match point, Konta dropped her racket to the ground and covered her face in triumph before heading to the net for a handshake. After receiving her trophy and addressing Williams directly with a thoughtful compliment of the 36-year-old stars grace and game, Konta posed for a round of photos that this time will be all the more special.She played at such a high level today, Williams said. She saved her best tennis for the final, which is what you want to do.Konta is having a blast being part of British tennis right now, everyone riding high after Wimbledon with Andy Murray winning at home.Yeah, long live the Queen, guys, she said with a big grin.Over the 2-hour, 18-minute match, the third-seeded Konta figured out Williams big serve for the second time this year, standing some 10 feet behind the baseline to return it and generating pace from Williams regular serves of well higher than 100 mph.The 25-year-old Konta also stunned Williams with the straight-set victory in the first round at this years Australian Open. Coming into Sundays match, Konta considered her return game a key to whether she would win.She plays really well against me, so maybe she comes out and doesnt feel any pressure and just swings for it, Williams said. I tried to stay in there and fight. ... What can I say but give her credit.Konta became the fourth-oldest first-time titlist this year. A steady serve helped carry Konta to Sundays final. She nailed 11 aces and moved Williams all over the court with an array of powerful groundstrokes and timely drop shots.Konta, headed to the Olympics next month in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, also was the first British woman to reach the final at Stanford since Virginia Wades runner-up finish in 1981.Williams was seeking her third tournament win at Stanford and denied career singles championship No. 50 while playing for her 80th title. At 49 singles tournament wins, she remains second among active players only behind younger sister Serenas 71.Of course I wanted to win, but I imagine with any luck Ill have more chances to get another title, she said.Williams is projected to move up to No. 6 in the next rankings. She will play in Montreal this coming week before the Rio Olympics next month.See you all in Rio, she told the crowd before exiting the stadium. Eliaquim Mangala Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Sergio Aguero Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop.com/Authentic-Leroy-Sane-Manchester-City-Jersey/ . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Kevin De Bruyne Manchester City Jersey . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . Raheem Sterling Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Los Angeles Rams backup cornerback Troy Hill was arrested on suspicion of DUI on Saturday morning and will be inactive for Sundays home game against the Miami Dolphins.In a statement, the Rams said they are aware of the incident and added: As it is an ongoing legal matter and we are still gathering information, we will have no further comment at this time.Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Hill was driving on an L.A. freeway at around 8 a.m. PT Saturday when his Mercedes swerved over multiple lanes and crashed into the back of a semi-truck. Hill was given a field sobriety test and was arrested on the spot, according to the report from TMZ, which added that the 25-year-old suffered a busted lip during the crash.Hill was booked in Van Nuys, California, and was released at 1:35 p.m. PTT on $15,000 bail.dddddddddddd He has a preliminary court date set for Dec. 14, according to online records.Hill, undrafted out of Oregon, spent last season with the Cincinnati Bengals?and has started four games for the Rams in 2016. Last Sunday, in a 9-6 win over the New York Jets, Hill came off the bench to play in 52 percent of the defensive snaps and was the Rams highest-graded player by Pro Football Focus.The Rams start Trumaine Johnson and E.J. Gaines on the ends and Lamarcus Joyner -- questionable for Sundays game with an ankle injury -- in the slot. They also have Dwayne Gratz and Blake Countess, recently promoted off the practice squad, in reserve. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz