Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

27.07.2019 07:41
fourth round, six shots behind leader Pau Antworten

HOYLAKE, England - A year ago, Graham DeLaet arrived at the Open Championship wide-eyed and excited to play his first major. He made the cut and for a rookie, put in a decent effort. But since that time, the Canadian has played three more majors and missed the cut in all three. Add in a missed cut at The Players and theres a pattern starting to show. Those performances stand out from the rest of his otherwise strong record over the past year and DeLaet believes its likely all self-inflicted. "I think more than anything, its just getting used to playing in majors, just trying to treat them like a regular tournament," he said after playing the first nine at Royal Liverpool on Tuesday. "I think in the past, I put too much pressure on myself and made them bigger than they are." Who can blame him? The kid from Weyburn teed it up at Muirfield, Oak Hill, Augusta National and Pinehurst No. 2 in the last 12 months, a pretty solid slate. But now he realizes its time to perform in the majors, not just play in them and thats what hes hoping to do this week. He learned from last year at the Open, he said, and understands that links golf isnt always fair. "You have to really control where the ball is landing," said DeLaet. "You can hit great shots that run, run, run, run right into a bunker. You just really have to be cognizant, thinking all the time about where your ball is going to land and where you look for it to finish. "Everything from 50 yards in front of the green is up to Mother Nature." This years course at Liverpool is a far cry from last years baked out Muirfield course. That layout not only treated golf balls as if they were on airport tarmacs, but also didnt help DeLaets arm any. "I dont have to shallow my swing out because it took a toll on my hand and wrist last year. But theres a little bit of give in the turf; its not quite a fiery as last year. And with that the ball is not quite going crazy when it gets on the ground." DeLaet arrives at Royal Liverpool off a T51 and a missed cut in his last two starts, the latter being the U.S. Open. He was so displeased with his showing of late that he cut off his infamous beard, hoping that might shake things up. He spent part of last week up in Ireland, playing at Doonbeg, Tralee and Lahinch to get immersed in the links feel and is hoping that will inspire him to bigger things this year. "I love it, DeLaet said of links golf. "Its such a cool place and this is such a great golf tournament as well. The fans are so respectful and its just an awesome event." DeLaet understands that the task to success on this course may be somewhat simplistic, but thats what wins tournaments. "Just try to make a lot of pars and give yourself opportunities," said DeLaet. "You cant really force anything in this style of golf. There are maybe a couple of different tee shots where you can get a little more aggressive but I think the main key is just keeping the ball in between the fescue and giving yourself a look on the green so Ill try to do that for 72 holes." Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals Jersey . Picard had a goal and two assists to help Canada improve to 2-0 at the tournament. Seven different players scored for the two-time defending champions. "Today all four lines played excellent," said head coach Laura Schuler. Hakeem Butler Cardinals Jersey . Join World Soccer Pickem 2014 for your chance to win $5,500 in cash prizes by picking the winner of each game all the way through to the tournament final. Will you ride a favourite such as Spain or Germany, or cast your lot with an underdog like Ivory Coast or Mexico? Perhaps key victories from Netherlands or the United States will be your key to victory. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/C...h-Allen-Jersey/. Lynn was tied for 16th entering the fourth round, six shots behind leader Paul Waring. He started with two birdies and added three more on his last five holes at the Oceanico Victoria course for an 18-under total of 266. Byron Murphy Youth Jersey . Maria Silvia Bastos Marques, president of the EOM (Municipal Olympic Company), will be leaving her post but will remain as an advisor, a city hall statement said Tuesday. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . - The Green Bay Packers got back to work on Friday without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers.BEREA, Ohio -- As his teammates sweated through another training camp practice, Josh Gordon was in a New York office building where his career -- and Clevelands season -- were in jeopardy. Gordon met Friday with NFL officials to appeal a possible indefinite suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Gordons attorney, Maurice Suh, and other members of his legal team were expected to argue that Gordon tested positive for marijuana because of secondhand smoke, a defence they planned to augment with witnesses. No decision on Gordon is expected for several days, and the Browns are keeping their fingers crossed the outcome will be favourable. According to ESPN Cleveland, it is believed a verdict may be reached on Monday, once commissioner Roger Goodell returns from Canton, Ohio. "Im an optimistic guy," said wide receiver Nate Burleson. "Im a glass half-full guy, so Im always hoping and expecting the best-case scenario." Until they hear from the league, the Browns are going about the business of getting ready for the upcoming season. Theyd love to have Gordon for as many games as possible. After all, hes the clubs top playmaker, one of the leagues elite receivers and an offensive threat who keeps defensive co-ordinators awake at night. To be without him for any time will drastically change Clevelands offence. Gordon has not been at training camp the past two days, and Browns coach Mike Pettine said he didnt know if the Pro Bowler will be on the field for Saturdays scrimmage in Akron. Gordons situation is one of many cases on the leagues legal itinerary. Commissioner Roger Goodell, speaking at the Hall of Fame in Canton, addressed the leagues recent decision to suspend Baltimore running back Ray Rice two games for domestic violence, a ruling met with public outrage. Goodell defended the leagues actions and said each case must be judged on its own merits. "You have to deal with the facts," he said. "We have a drug program that is collectively bargained and it has a step process. It takes four incidents before you actually reach a suspension in a drug-related case. You have to respond to facts here. You have a lot of people voicing their opinions, but what you have to understand is that this is a young man (Rice) who made a terrible mistake -- its inconsistent with what were all about. "We have deallt with it in a serious manner, and were very confident that this young man understands where he is and what he needs to do going forward.dddddddddddd" Goodell did not offer much information on Gordons case, saying a decision will be based on the information at the hearing. "Josh is going through a process right now, and Im not part of that process," Goodell said. "At some point in time I may have an opportunity to be involved, and when I am, I look forward to meeting him." Gordons list of off-the-field issues is lengthy, which may hinder his argument. He failed at least three known drug tests in college and he was suspended two games last season for a drug violation. Separate from his appeal, Gordon could still face league discipline under the leagues personal-conduct policy for his arrest last month on a DUI charge in Raleigh, North Carolina. Gordon reportedly checked himself into a rehab clinic in California following the arrest. Pettine has said the Browns will have to go with a receiver-by-committee approach if Gordon cant play. Slot receiver Andrew Hawkins is confident he and his teammates can pick up the slack. "We have a bunch of hard-working guys with chips on their shoulders who are going to come out here and bust their butts every day," he said. "And Ill take that 10 times out of 10." NOTES: Starting free safety Tashaun Gipson walked off the practice field with an apparent left knee injury. Pettine said Gipson, who started 15 games last season, was being evaluated. ... Pettine ended practice by having members of his staff catch punts. Pitting the offensive assistants against the defensive assistants, the competition energized the players, who engaged in some spirited trash talk and finger pointing before offensive intern Mike LaFleur caught the final punt, meaning the offence will wear orange jerseys Monday. "I would of lost a lot of money if you would have said wed put eight coaches out there catching knuckle-ball punts and seven of them would catch it," Pettine said. "Those guys stepped up. It was impressive." ... Several offensive players celebrated touchdowns, none more demonstratively that Anthony Armstrong, who threw the ball into the second level of the VIP hospitality tent. "It was strictly spur of the moment," he said. "Your emotions take over." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz