Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

29.07.2019 08:24
it 12 yards for a score.We Antworten

On this day that Alabama head coach Nick Saban turns 65, the traditional retirement age, the winner of five national championships (including four of the last seven) might be coaching his best team. Saban looks and acts 10 years younger. So do a lot of people his age these days. To view Sabans achievements through a historical lens, take a look at where these great coaches were at age 65:? Bear Bryant had one of his best teams (1978), winning his fifth national title, but he was ailing and would be dead four years later. ? Woody Hayes threw the punch that got him fired. ? Bo Schembechler had been retired five years. ? Tom Osborne, too. He was a first-term congressman in 2002. ? Frank Leahy, who retired at age 45 in 1953 because of ill health, died at 64. ? Pop Warner won six games at Temple in 1936. He won a total of six the next two seasons and retired. ? Joe Paterno went 7-5 in 1992 and was two years shy of his last undefeated team, the 12-0 Nittany Lions who finished second to Nebraska. ? LaVell Edwards went 7-4 in 1995, one year before his BYU team went 14-1 and finished fifth in the nation. ? Bobby Bowden, one year after his first national championship, went 10-1-1 at Florida State and would win another the year he turned 70, in 1999. ? Lou Holtz went 5-7 at South Carolina in 2002 and retired after two more seasons.With the exception of Holtz, the modern-era coaches who rank among the winningest ever all had great years after they turned 65, something you couldnt say about previous generations. Between that and Sabans energetic appearance, it seems safe to say he isnt retiring anytime soon.1. Name a hot young coach in the American whose team is leading its division. You know the guy. He made his team nationally relevant last season. No, not Tom Herman, whose Houston Cougars have lost two of their last four and struggled to beat UCF on Saturday. Matt Rhule has refashioned a rebuilding year at Temple into a winning year. The Owls, after an 0-2 start, are 6-3 and leading the American East -- they are tied with USF but beat the Bulls this season. So explain to me why theres a Tom Herman Sweepstakes and not a Matt Rhule Sweepstakes?2. No. 4 Washington gave up 163 yards on the ground to Utah on Saturday, which is fewer than Oregon State (177) or Oregon (230) or Arizona (308!) gained against the Huskies. The reason might be in part philosophical. Huskies head coach Chris Petersen seems content with not putting his safeties in the box, letting his front seven do the work against the run. But Washington is 55th in rushing defense (153.9-yard average). Six of the last 10 national champions have finished in the top 10 against the run, none lower than 34th (Ohio State in 2014). Three finished first: Alabama in 2015, 2011 and 2012. This year, the Tide are ... first (70.1-yard average).3. In a Heisman race in which the preseason favorites (Leonard Fournette of LSU and Christian McCaffrey of Stanford) are only now returning to form from injury, and in which Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson has been the front-runner for nearly the entire season, Michigan hybrid Jabrill Peppers is uniquely positioned to attract attention. His numbers dont support his candidacy and they never will. The traditionalist in me remains more attracted by players such as Washington quarterback Jake Browning, San Diego State back Donnel Pumphrey and stat machine Patrick Mahomes II, the Texas Tech quarterback, than by Peppers.4. Deshaun Watson has kept Clemson winning, but I still feel the Tigers quarterback embodies the teams season; i.e., the Tigers arent playing their best; theyre playing well enough to win. One interesting number from ESPN Stats & Info.: Since 2011, Clemson is 18-2 (.900) in one-score games. Two of the other top three teams in that time frame, Oklahoma State (14-6, .700) and Kansas State (20-9, .690) also have successful veteran coaches. Heres the weird part: the second-best team in one-score games is Arkansas State (12-4, .750), which has had four coaches in six years: Hugh Freeze, Gus Malzahn, Bryan Harsin, and Blake Anderson. All good coaches, but no continuity. Yet the Red Wolves kept winning.5. USC changed the course of its season when Sam Darnold replaced Max Browne at quarterback. Darnold is among the national leaders in QBR. Browne isnt playing. The Alabama offense accelerated when Jalen Hurts took over for Blake Barnett, who left school and will land elsewhere. Wisconsin began moving the ball when Alex Hornibrook took over from Bart Houston. But the Badgers narrative isnt the same. Head coach Paul Chryst went back to Houston on Saturday when the Badgers struggled against Nebraska, and Houston led the team to victory in overtime. That says a lot about Houston -- and Chryst.6. I dont know if this could happen only at Ole Miss, but its of a piece with the Rebels long, frustrating history in the SEC. Senior Chad Kelly threw for 465 yards in the loss to Auburn on Saturday night, breaking the school record of 436 yards set by Archie Manning in the epic 33-32 loss to Alabama in 1969. Kelly also holds third place, his 421-yard performance in the loss to the Crimson Tide earlier this season. Thats right: the top three passing games in school history all came in losses. Bo Wallace threw for 413 yards in a victory over Arkansas in 2013. Someone should recognize that.7. The day before Saban turned 65, Ohio State announced the death of 1973 Outland Trophy winner John Hicks at the same age. He was such a dominant offensive tackle that he finished second in the Heisman voting that year. I interviewed Hicks only once, a warm phone conversation 13 years ago. I asked him about the Ohio State tradition of awarding its players gold pants, a jewelry charm, for beating Michigan. Hicks won two pair in his career. They are a badge of honor, Hicks said. Wives wear them. Youll see Buckeye wives from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s. The first thing they do is pull out their Michigan pants. Youll hear someone say, You only got one? That wife will give her husband a dirty look. Kris Russell Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Alex Chiasson Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. http://www.officialoilersfanstore.com/authentic-esa-tikkanen-oilers-jersey/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Adam Larsson Jersey . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Leon Draisaitl Jersey .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. COLUMBIA, Mo. -- North Carolina Central brought heavy hearts into Mizzou Arena Monday night.Patrick Cole had 17 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists and Pablo Rivas scored 16 points on 6-for-6 shooting to help the Eagles defeat Missouri 62-52.North Carolina Central University chancellor Debra Saunders-White died of cancer Saturday at age 59. She was the first female chancellor in school history, and as coach LeVelle Moton described, the biggest cheerleader for the basketball program.She was the best chancellor on the planet, the best person on the planet, Moton said. She was a fighter and I knew she would want us to fight for her and try to pay homage and honor this game for her.NC Central (4-2), a member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, never trailed and led 24-20 at halftime. The Eagles seemed to stymie any momentum Missouri could muster over the course of its stagnant offensive performance.Missouri (3-3) made 17 of 68 field goal attempts, shooting just 17.1 percent in the first half. It was the Tigers lowest scoring output since losing to then-No. 13 Arizona on Dec. 13, 2015.Terrence Phillips led Missouri with 17 points despite playing only 21 minutes due to foul trouble. He was 6-for-10 from the field but fouled out with 2:34 seconds remaining.We held them to 25 percent shooting and I thought that was the difference in the game, Moton said. We had Phillips in foul trouble, I think hes the heart and soul of the team. As hes out there, you can just see they have a different swagger about themselves. Fortunately, he fouled out, and at the right time.The abysmal offense was on display from the opening tip, as Missouri missed six shots and grabbed five offensive rebounds on its first possession. The Tigers went on to miss their first nine shots, most of which were put-back attempts, and finished 11-for-20 from the free throw line.I dont know what it is, we jusst cant get off to a good start, Phillips said.dddddddddddd We started 0-for-9 and I think seven of those were layups, point blank layups, and I couldnt believe we were missing them. Im telling guys, `just keep shooting, those shots are going to fall and they just kind of never did for us.Im not sure Ive ever seen something like I just saw, as far as missing so many shots at the basket, Missouri coach Kim Anderson said. I dont have an explanation.Phillips hit a 3-pointer to open the second half, but the Eagles answered with an 8-0 run and maintained momentum for the duration of the half. Missouri trailed 54-50 with 1:38 seconds remaining, but the Eagles closed on an 8-2 run.TIP-INSNC Central starts five graduate seniors, making it the most experienced starting lineup in the country.Missouri forward Reed Nikko did not play after spraining his left ankle against Northwestern State. ... Forward Will Ransom was scoreless on 0-for-2 shooting, but grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked a team-high four shots. ... Missouri announced it will redshirt freshman Jakoby Kemp.BIG PICTURENC Central: Missouri was one of two Power 5 schools on the Eagles schedule. Ohio State defeated the Eagles 69-63 on Nov. 14 in Columbus. NC Central opens conference play at home against Maryland Eastern Shore on Jan. 7.Missouri: The Tigers have struggled with slow starts this season. Missouri trailed No. 7 Xavier 9-3 early before an eventual one-point overtime loss and trailed Northwestern State 14-9 before pulling away to an 84-60 win. The Tigers also defeated Tulane 67-62 on Nov. 20 despite trailing by as many as 12 points in the first half.UP NEXTNC Central hosts Southern Wesleyan Thursday.Missouri hosts Western Kentucky on Saturday in the first meeting between the schools. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz