Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
jokergreen0220 Offline

05.08.2019 09:23
WASHINGTON -- Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday that the NFL should pay attention to those offended by the Washington Re Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday that the NFL should pay attention to those offended by the Washington Redskins nickname. Randy White Cowboys Jersey . "If we are offending one person, we need to be listening," Goodell said Wednesday in an interview with 106.7 The Fan, "and making sure that were doing the right things to try to address that." It was a subtle change in position for Goodell, who had more strongly supported the nickname in his previous statements this year. Goodell, who grew up in Washington and was a Redskins fan, said it was team owner Dan Snyders decision as to whether the name will be changed. "But," Goodell added, "it is something that I want all of us to go out and make sure were listening to our fans, listening to people who have a different view, and making sure that we continue to do whats right to make sure that team represents the strong tradition and history that it has for so many years." Snyder has vowed to never change the name, but momentum for a switch has been growing this year. The name was attacked as racist at a high-profile symposium at the Smithsonian. High schools that use the nickname have come under increasing pressure to change it. A Native American tribe in upstate New York ran a radio ad campaign against the name leading up to Monday nights season-opener. Another group of American Indians is planning a protest during Washingtons game at Green Bay on Sunday. Some media outlets have stopped using "Redskins." The name is also the subject of a long-running legal challenge from a group of Native Americans seeking to have the team lose its federal trademark protection. Ten members of Congress recently wrote Goodell asking that the name be changed. At the time, Goodell responded by calling the name a "unifying force that stands for strength, courage, pride and respect." At the Super Bowl in January, Goodell deflected a question on the controversy by saying: "I think Dan Snyder and the organization have made it very clear that theyre proud of that heritage and that name, and I believe fans are, too." On Wednesday, Goodell said: "I know the team name is part of their history and tradition, and thats something thats important to the Redskins fans. And I think what we have to do, though, is we have to listen." The Redskins had no comment Wednesday on Goodells remarks. DeMarcus Ware Youth Jersey .com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills. Trysten Hill Jersey . No, really, his head. Late in the game, the St. Louis goalie craned his neck into the air to block a shot, taking a puck square in the mask. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Daryl-Johnston-Jersey/ . The ninth-seeded Safarova doused Swede Johanna Larsson 6-2, 6-3 on the green clay at Family Circle Tennis Center. The Czech player was a finalist here two years ago and captured back-to-back doubles titles in 2012 and last year.MILWAUKEE -- Freddie Freeman finally solved Miller Park. The best way to hit there is to hit it out. Freeman, hitting .111 in 10 previous games at the Brewers ballpark, hit a pair of solo home runs, and Jason Heyward added a two-run shot, powering the Atlanta Braves to a 5-2 victory over Milwaukee on Tuesday night. "I dont know what it is. Ive always struggled here," said Freeman, who had four singles in 36 previous at-bats at Miller Park. "Its nice. I was obviously due." Freeman opened the sixth with his first homer off Kyle Lohse (0-1) to put Atlanta up 3-1 and added a two-out home run in the eighth off Zach Duke to extend the lead to 4-1. "Ive always seemed to hit Lohse pretty good and he left a couple out for me," Freeman said. Heywards first homer of the season, after a one-out walk to No. 8 hitter Andrelton Simmons, put the Braves on top 2-1 in the fifth and snapped a string of 22 scoreless innings against the Brewers. Yovani Gallardo helped shut out the Braves on opening day. "For me, the key was walking Simmons in that inning because you have the inning set up to where you dont have to get to the top of the lineup if I do my job there," said Lohse, who allowed three runs on five hits in seven innings, striking out eight and walking two. Alex Wood (1-0) settled down for Atlanta after allowing a home run to Carlos Gomez on his first pitch. The left-hander allowed one run on five hits in seven innings. Craig Kimbrel struck out the side in the ninth for the save. "First pitch of the game, first hitter, you dont have much choice than to put it behind you from the get-go," said Wood. "It took me a few innings to settle in but after that, II got into a groove, got my fastball command back and just took off from there. Trysten Hill Cowboys Jersey. " The Brewers were 8-2 in their last 10 games against Atlanta, with six shutouts, including the final meeting last season on a two-hitter by Lohse. "The last three or four years, we havent really done well against the Brewers or here at Miller Park," Freeman said. "Its nice to get the first one out of the way. As an offence, we knew we werent going to get shut out of the whole 162 . we let them sweat it out for the first 15 innings." Gomez hustled the Brewers within 4-2 in the eighth after drawing a leadoff walk. With one out, he stole second as Ryan Braun struck out, and continued to third on a throwing error by catcher Evan Gattis. Aramis Ramirez singled in Gomez. Atlanta answered with a run in the ninth on a double by Dan Uggla, a single by Gattis and sacrifice fly by Simmons. The Braves missed a chance to tie it in the fourth when Freeman singled to open, but was cut down at the plate by Gomez on Ugglas two-out double to left-centre. "That was huge," Lohse said. "Theyve been working hard on that all spring and did a great job picking me up right there. I wish I would have picked them up a little better after that." NOTES: Gomezs lead-off home run was the third of his career. The other two were with Minnesota in 2008. ... The starting pitchers for the final game of the three-game series Wednesday are Matt Garza for the Brewers against Aaron Harang, each making his first start for his new team ... Braun, who received a standing ovation during Tuesdays home opener, was greeted with a round of applause and a smattering of boos during his first at-bat Wednesday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz