Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
jokergreen0220 Offline

05.08.2019 09:24
SAN FRANCISCO -- Manager Don Mattingly hardly considers a late-July sweep in San Francisco a turning point to put his Dodgers in Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO -- Manager Don Mattingly hardly considers a late-July sweep in San Francisco a turning point to put his Dodgers in the drivers seat atop the NL West. Tracy Mcgrady Raptors Jersey . Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing. Carl Crawford hit an RBI triple to back Hyun-Jin Ryus third straight victory, and division-leading Los Angeles beat the Giants 4-3 Sunday night to establish some momentum behind their pitching and offence. "You make enough of a statement by winning three games," Mattingly said. "Obviously its something. Thats all it is at that point because you have a lot of baseball to play. Were going to see these guys again. Theyre not going anywhere." Matt Kemp singled twice and the Dodgers leave the Bay Area with a 1 1/2-game division lead after outscoring the Giants 17-4. "Getting offence for three days is kind of like when you dont get it for three days, you dont really know where its going to continue to go," Mattingly said. "Its a chance to build momentum, its a confidence builder for your club to be able to come into a tough environment and play well." Ryu (12-5) moved within two wins of his rookie total last year and improved to 4-1 in five outings at AT&T Park, where in one dominant weekend the Dodgers made quite a statement to take over the NL Wests top spot. "It was great. To come out of here with a 1 1/2-game lead, especially coming into it with a 1 1/2-game deficit, obviously best-case scenario," first baseman Adrian Gonzalez said. "After the first leg of this road trip where we lost both series, this kind of made everything great, winning a series, winning a road trip and going home on a great note." In his Giants debut, Jake Peavy threw a pair of wild pitches in the fifth as the Dodgers went ahead on Hanley Ramirezs RBI single ahead of Crawfords triple to the corner in deep right field. San Francisco suffered its first three-game sweep in the rivalry since June 24-26, 2013, at Dodger Stadium. The last Dodgers sweep at AT&T Park came July 27-29, 2012. Buster Posey hit a solo home run in the fifth for San Franciscos first extra-base hit since Hunter Pence doubled in the ninth inning Wednesday at Philadelphia -- the Giants first three-game stretch without an extra-base hit since May 30-June 1, 2002. Ryu struck out seven in six innings and improved to 8-2 in 11 road starts. Kenley Jansen followed scoreless innings by J.P. Howell and Brian Wilson for his 30th save. Peavy (0-1) pitched a day after being traded from the Boston Red Sox to the Giants for a pair of minor league pitchers, reuniting him with former manager Bruce Bochy. Peavy pitched for Bochy and the Padres in the playoffs in 2005-06. Bochy stuck with the right-hander to get through the sixth after he allowed a leadoff walk to Juan Uribe. Peavy drew regular roars from a lively sellout crowd at AT&T Park as fans found plenty to cheer for after a frustrating few days. He allowed six hits and four runs -- three earned -- struck out five and walked two in six innings. Peavy dropped to 14-3 with a 2.28 ERA in 26 starts against Los Angeles, including a three-hitter last Aug. 25 at Dodger Stadium in which he struck out five and walked one. Second baseman Dan Uggla committed two errors, including one that helped tie it early after he scored the games first run in the bottom of the third. Ugglas fielding error leading off the top of the fourth allowed Ramirez to reach and Uribe later singled in the tying run. The Giants lost for the 19th time in their last 25 home games. "Its going to be important to put it behind us," Bochy said. "We have to regroup." NOTES: With speculation that Kemp might be traded, Mattingly says the OF has no issue playing RF and "This combination of guys, this is what we like." ... Of the Dodgers Triple-A benches-clearing brawl with the Diamondbacks affiliate on Saturday, Mattingly said the No. 1 thing is "nobodys hurt."... Former Giants closer Wilson drew cheers during pregame warmups, then boos for the beard when the Los Angeles reliever jogged out for the bottom of the eighth. ... Madison Bumgarner (12-7) pitches when San Francisco begins a three-game series at home with Pittsburgh on Monday night while the Dodgers have an off day before starting an eight-game homestand Tuesday against Atlanta. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey . While the pair of Spain internationals return, midfielder Xavi Hernandez will not be included in the squad after failing to recover from a muscle strain to his left leg. Patrick McCaw Raptors Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Customized/ . Gauteng High Court Judge Dunstan Mlambo ruled Tuesday that South African media houses will be allowed to install three remote controlled cameras in court for the Olympic athletes trial starting next week to capture images that likely will be seen by millions around the world.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Peyton Manning made his fifth MVP award a family affair. Mannings record-setting season earned him The Associated Press NFL MVP award Saturday night in a landslide. No other player has won more than three. Denvers record-setting quarterback, who threw for 55 touchdowns and 5,477 yards in leading the Broncos to the AFCs best record, earned 49 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. New England quarterback Tom Brady got the other vote. Manning won his other MVPs with Indianapolis in 2003, 04, 08 and 09. He also was the runner-up last season to Adrian Peterson. "I am humbled by this recognition and grateful to my family, (Broncos owner) Pat Bowlen, John Elway, John Fox and the entire Denver Broncos organization, and of course, my coaches and my teammates," Manning said in a prepared video acceptance speech. He was not on hand as he gets ready for Sundays Super Bowl against Seattle. "Now, I sent a couple of guys over there tonight to pick up the trophy on my behalf: my father Archie and my son Marshall. Thank you very much and God bless you." Archie Manning, holding his grandson Marshall in his arms, accepted the award from two more MVPs, Joe Montana and Aaron Rodgers. Manning still trails several Hall of Famers for total MVPs in their sport. Wayne Gretzky won nine NHL MVPs, Barry Bonds owns seven in baseball, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar won six in the NBA. Manning also took the APs Offensive Player of the Year award for the second time. Elway accepted the Offensive Player award on Mannings behalf. "I can say I have never seen a better year played by a quarterback than Peyton Manning," said Elway, a Broncos executive who won the MVP award in 1987. "To see what he did this year, it was truly amazing." Manning received 33 votes for the offensive player honour. He also was runner-up last year to Peterson for the award. This time, running back LeSean McCoy of Philadelphia was second with 10 votes, followed by Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles with four. Carolina grabbed two major awards, with Ron Rivera winning AP NFL Coach of the Year and linebacker Luke Kuechly voted top defensive player. Rivera engineered the Panthers turnaround from a 7-9 record to 12-4, the NFC South title and a first-round playoff bye. Kuechly keyed a defence that allowed 241 points, less than every team except NFC champion Seattle. "I had no idea," he said of adding the award to the top defensive rookie honours he got last season. "You look at the list of guys: Robert Mathis, a sack master, a guy that forced a lot of fumbles. And obviously, everybody knows about Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas. Those guys are both studs." Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy and Jets defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson were the top rookies for 2013. San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers took the Comeback Player of the Year award at the NFL Honors show. Riveras fine work in his third season in charge in Carolina brought him 21 1/2 votes. That outdistanced Kansas Citys Andy Reid, who got 13 11/2 votes. Patrick McCaw Jersey. In his first year with the Chiefs, Reid took them from 2-14 to 11-5 and an AFC wild-card berth. "I do feel a lot of pride because it has been a long journey, but it also was a part of the process," Rivera said. "Just like us getting to where we are winning 12 games was part of the process. We started, the team was 2-14 before I got there and we went to 6-10 and then 7-9, and this year we broke through at 12-4. It was part of the process of growing and developing." Rivera is the second Panthers coach to win the award. Dom Capers was AP Coach of the Year in 1996, Carolinas second season in the NFL. All-Pro Kuechly received 19 votes, ahead of Indianapolis All-Pro linebacker Mathis, who earned 11 1/2. Kuechly was credited with 96 tackles, four interceptions, two sacks, eight passes defenced, and was a presence from sideline to sideline on the NFLs No. 2 unit. A second-round pick (61st overall) from Alabama, Lacy was a key performer in the Packers offence, particularly when star quarterback Aaron Rodgers was sidelined for seven games. He rushed for 1,178 yards on 284 carries (4.1 average), with 11 touchdowns. He also had 35 receptions. That was good enough for 35 votes. "Im comfortable where I am, and my teammates believe in me, and they make me feel comfortable, so Im able to play the way Im capable of playing," said Lacy, who beat out San Diego wide receiver Keenan Allen, who received 12 votes. Richardson, the 13th overall pick in Aprils draft on a selection acquired when New York traded star cornerback Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay, won a close race over Buffalo linebacker Kiko Alonso. Richardson received 23 votes; Alonso, a second-round choice (46th overall), got 19. Often double-teamed as the season wore on, Richardson made 42 tackles and had 3 1/2 sacks. He clogged the running lanes so effectively that the Jets ranked third against the run this season. "Im surprised," Richardson said of beating Alonso and Arizona safety Tyrann Mathieu, who got two votes. "Kiko and Tyrann most definitely had outstanding rookie years and it was a toss-up to me. Kiko made a lot of tackles and Tyrann made a lot of plays down the field. Unfortunately he got hurt, but it was a tight race." Richardson joked about the possibility of winning both awards — he scored two touchdowns as a fullback in goal-line situations. "Eddie Lacy beat me out there," Richardson said. "He had a few more touchdowns than I did." Rivers led the Chargers to a wild-card playoff spot with four straight victories to close out the schedule, giving them a 9-7 record. He led the league with a 69.5 completion rate and threw for 32 TDs against 11 interceptions. He received 13 votes in balloting so widespread that 12 players got votes. He was not at the awards show at Radio City Music Hall. Chicago cornerback Charles Tillman won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award, and accepted the honour with tears in his eyes. "As a Chicago Bear, this award has a special meaning to me," Tillman said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz