Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

08.08.2019 08:33
be a point guard, coach Gregg Popot on her standup, which we saw in her last fight with Antworten

Ahead of her professional mixed martial arts debut in 2007, Canadian Alexis Davis never could have imagined how far fighting would take her. Like many womens MMA pioneers, the Port Colborne, Ont. native didnt think she would get rich by slapping on a pair of four-ounce gloves. She simply wanted to test her skills against a tough opponent. Though her first outing saw her suffer a TKO loss to former Strikeforce champ and current UFC womens bantamweight Sarah Kaufman, Davis fell in love with the thrill of competition. She also knew she had what it took to be a champion. "I remember my first goal," Davis recalled recently. "I was like, Okay, I just want to get a belt. Then I got my first belt — I won a belt in amateur Muay Thai, I got my first jiu jitsu belt and I had my Raging Wolf (womens flyweight) belt. "Now the next step is to get that UFC belt." Following more than seven years competing against the best women fighters in the world — and amassing an impressive 16-5 record, which includes a 3-0 run since joining the UFC — Davis is now set to challenge UFC womens bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas July 5. As she prepares for the biggest fight of her life, Davis admitted she is still in awe of her journey to the spotlight. "Its been almost surreal for me," Davis said. "Obviously, I just started out like most people — I just kind of did it for fun. I never thought Id be living in California and be fighting for a UFC title. I just enjoyed it so much that I wanted to keep doing it. "Its crazy because Im a girl from a small town in Ontario, Canada and now I have all these huge opportunities. The world has kind of opened to me. I feel like Im almost in a dream world. Im just grateful for how far Ive come in life and the experiences Im able to have." Though Davis can fondly reminisce about her long road to the top, shes hardly standing around enjoying the view. Not only would a victory over Rousey mean bigger paydays, it would also allow her to join the ranks of Carlos Newton and Georges St-Pierre as the sole Canadian UFC champions. Davis said she aims to etch her name in the history books alongside the former welterweight titleholders. "(I was) the first Canadian woman to be signed with the UFC and now the first to fight for a title," Davis said. "The next step is to hopefully be the first one to bring that belt back home. "Times really flying. To have this opportunity in that short amount of time — and even to just be able to fight for a belt — it doesnt happen too often. I know the division is kind of small, but every single day its growing. Im just trying to live in the moment. This is my moment in time." Of course in order to get the job done, Davis has to become the first fighter to solve the riddle of Rousey. A 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist and undefeated in MMA, Rousey has looked as unbeatable as any champion on the UFC roster. Early in her career you could pretty much set your watch to her winning via first-round armbar. However, in her last trip to the octagon four months ago, Rousey displayed a new edge to her game by dispatching Sara McMann with a vicious knee to the liver. Davis admitted she isnt completely sure what to expect from Rousey, but said she is ready for wherever the fight may take her. "Rondas progressed as a fighter," Davis said. "Now, I have to deal with a different side of her, too. Shes been working a lot on her standup, which we saw in her last fight with her hands, her footwork and her knees. So Im not quite sure what kind of style were going to see Ronda come out with. You kind of have to be prepared for everything." Though Rousey has made a career of finishing top fighters in violent fashion, Davis presents a tough challenge. A black belt in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese Jujutsu, she is arguably the most skilled grappler Rousey has ever faced. Her Muay Thai background was also on full display during her dissection of Liz Carmouche in November. Davis said Rousey has never fought an opponent quite like her. "I feel like Im the most well-rounded fighter shes ever had to deal with," Davis said. "Im comfortable on my feet and Im also comfortable on the ground. "Im pretty much dangerous no matter what. Every single fight my Muay Thai gets better — dangerous kicks, dangerous strikes — along with the ground, as well. She hasnt fought a fighter with as many qualifications as I have. Either way, I think Im going to give her more of a challenge than shes ever had to face before." Davis said she plans to stun the MMA world. "(Fans) should expect complete chaos," Davis said. "Ronda has that style that brings out the best in me, where shes constantly adding pressure and on the attack. Its going to be a very fast-paced, non-stop fight." Darren ODay Jersey . - Jesse Shynkaruk scored a hat trick as the Moose Jaw Warriors snapped a seven-game losing streak with an 8-2 win over the Prince Albert Raiders in Western Hockey League action on Saturday. Tom Glavine Jersey .C. -- Gleason Fournier scored the shootout winner as the Grand Rapids Griffins defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-3 Friday in American Hockey League action. http://www.baseballbravesproshop.com/jos...ves-jersey/.com) - Eric Fehrs goal 42 seconds into overtime lifted the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over Columbus, halting the Blue Jackets seven-game win streak. Darren ODay Braves Jersey .Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have been neck and neck all season, with 17 points separating the rivals and double points on offer for the race.Tensions between them have spilled over during the campaign and the pairs fragile relationship was evident during Thursdays pre-race news conference, when Rosberg goaded Hamilton by advising him to race cleanly. Phil Niekro Braves Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, sources said Manuels college coach Jimbo Fisher told teams he didnt think Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter.FIVE QUICK HOOPS THOUGHTS: 1. STAN VAN GUNDY (Pistons): A terrific move by this dysfunctional franchise to select a guy as both president and head coach to lead them down the right path. I have no doubt that hell get them back on track. Everyone will be on the same page and there wont be any nonsense. Hes a straight shooter with outstanding basketball coaching and teaching abilities, who also communicates and connects with players. If you can find a guy that you truly believe in as your leader, then I have no hesitation whatsoever in allowing him to run the show and put together a team with his vision. Its his win-loss record and career on the line. Hes paid his dues at every level and is more than capable of doing this. The days of the revolving door of coaches in Detroit will come to an end and theyll have stability of leadership with the defining voice leading the way. Get on board or get moving on. If I owned a team, this would have been the move Id make as well. 2. STEVE KERR (Warriors): I agree with his decision to turn down the New York Knicks and go with the organization with the better short and long term futures. He got the contractual stability he was looking for and it will be vital for him to make sure he selects a terrific staff with some veteran coaching experience to help him through it. Look at his mentor Phil Jackson in his early days with the Chicago Bulls having veteran coaches like Tex Winter and Johnny Bach with him and Pat Riley in Los Angeles having Bill Bertka on his staff. Kerr would be wise to surround himself with folks that will tell him what he NEEDS to hear and not what he WANTS to hear. Thats a sign of smart leadership. There will be some things to learn and make sure you have folks that can help you grow and not guys who were your buddies when you played hanging out. 3. DONALD STERLING (Clippers): Enough already! This clown just wears me out. He loves his team? I have no doubt the residual effects of all the drama the past few weeks had a wearing effect on hiss team in the playoffs.dddddddddddd Hes going to sue the NBA and not pay the $ 2.5 million fine to the league? Okay. You do that and good luck getting your TV money from the league next year and/or any other funds from the league. Thats what Id do - Major league hardball now because the gloves are off. This promises to be quite the legal battle, which is typical from a guy who loves to sue at the drop of the hat and try to work people over. This thing is going to drag on and I hope the players realize that the league is trying its best to oust this person, but its going to be a hard and potentially slow battle, which could spill into next season. What a circus! Not a pretty picture at all. I learned a long time ago that "a man can achieve great wealth, stature and position in society yet fail as a man." Example 1A of that right here. 4. WEST FINALS (THUNDER VS SPURS): Spurs in Seven. It should be a fascinating series with two wonderful teams that are playing at a high level right now. Im probably picking more with my heart right now than my head, but I still believe that the best team always finds a way to win. Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant are sensational players and are a really tough cover for the Spurs, but I think theyll find a way. 5. EAST FINALS (HEAT VS. PACERS): Heat in Six. In spite of the Pacers finding a way to get past the Wizards, the "eye test" tells me that the Heat, even though theyre not as good as theyve been the past few years, have just enough to get by the Pacers. They guard, shoot the 3 and have the best player in the world in LeBron. The Pacers are playing better defensively and have enough big time players in Paul George and David West (love that guy) who wont back down, but the erratic play of the Pacers second unit and inconsistent offensive play dont convince me. Heat like being the two seed here and having some adversity to play through - that will be a positive jolt for them to rise to the challenge. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz