Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

08.08.2019 11:01
ed one, improving to 3-0 against San Diego this Antworten

PITTSBURGH --?Cam Heyward had seen enough.From his locker Monday, the Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end and co-captain was critical of his teams defense after giving up a combined 362 rushing yards to Miami and New England and letting Rob Gronkowski get loose at a critical moment in Sundays 27-16 loss to the Patriots at home.The Steelers enter the bye week with back-to-back losses -- the only two games Heyward has missed in his six-year career -- thanks in part to a reeling defense that allowed a six-play, 75-yard touchdown drive early in the fourth quarter.We had momentum going [into that drive], Heyward said. It was 20-16, and we let them get that. And it was like we just quit. I dont mean to say that lightly, but I just felt like we had so many opportunities out there.Gronkowskis double fake in the open field freed him up for a 37-yard gain, and LeGarrette Blount followed with a 5-yard touchdown run. Blount ran all over Pittsburgh, with 127 yards and two scores.Heyward clarified that he didnt sense an effort problem, but rather urgency and situational football awareness were issues. New Englands defense was tired, Heyward said, so forcing a stop would have been timely.The Gronkowski play felt like the wind was pushed out of us and the defense should have made more of a stand, Heyward said.Of the 362 rushing yards, Heyward said, Thats never been allowed here in two weeks. Thats just piss-poor [tackling] technique. You have to have some pride when youre out there.Linebacker Ryan Shazier told reporters Sunday the Steelers run defense was garbage, to which Heyward said Shazier was being kind.Three of the Steelers former first-round picks on defense -- Heyward, Shazier and Bud Dupree -- have missed games this year because of injury. That doesnt excuse a letdown when players go out, Heyward said.The Steelers have a league-low eight sacks on the year and are among the NFLs lowest in interceptions with three. Once famous for the Blitzburgh label, the Steelers have blitzed a dropback passer seven times the past two weeks, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill went 6-of-7 for 101 yards against those blitzes.Defensive end Stephon Tuitt said the teams struggles in stopping the run are affecting its ability to blitz more.The Steelers face the Baltimore Ravens in Week 9, possibly without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, whos nursing a knee injury.This bye week is very important for us, Tuitt said. Regroup, restart, and do it again. Irving Fryar Patriots Jersey . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Irving Fryar Youth Jersey . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-Tom-Brady-Patriots-Jersey/ . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. Tom Brady Patriots Jersey . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Drew Bledsoe Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. SAN DIEGO -- Tyler Chatwood was unsure if he was more pleased with his performance on the mound or at the plate.Chatwood had two important hits, including a two-run triple, while pitching the Colorado Rockies past the San Diego Padres 4-1 on Friday night.Charlie Blackmon homered in the second inning after Chatwoods leadoff single against Luis Perdomo. Chatwood also tripled in the seventh past a drawn-in outfield, extending the lead to 4-1.I havent been very good this year, so they were getting on me telling me I needed to bunt for a hit, Chatwood said. I told them I didnt need to, that I could still swing it. I got lucky tonight and found some holes.Making his second start since returning from a back injury, Chatwood (11-9) allowed one run and four hits over 6 2/3 innings. He struck out five and walked one, improving to 3-0 against San Diego this season.I think I threw way more fastballs tonight than I normally do, and I throw a lot of fastballs, Chatwood said. I just felt good with it and I could locate it. It was fun to be a part of that tonight.The right-hander tossed eight shutout innings in his previous start at Petco Park in May.He has done a lot, especially on the road, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. He has been lights out. Felt like he had his good two-seamer. He mixed in some breaking balls, not too many, but enough to keep them guessing.Jake McGee and Boonne Logan had scoreless outings in relief.dddddddddddd Adam Ottavino worked the ninth for his third save.Perdomo (7-9) permitted four runs and eight hits in 6 2/3 innings. He struck out four and walked four, but lamented the hits by Chatwood most.Hes the guy who did the most damage against me in the game, so I dont feel good about that, Perdomo said.Alex Dickerson homered in the second, San Diegos only hit off Chatwood until the fifth.Weve had trouble with him before, Padres manager Andy Green said. He executed his number of really good pitches he threw in crucial situations.DJ LeMahieu extended his career-best hitting streak to 26 games with a single in the third for Colorado.We played well tonight, Weiss said. We had some good hits, timely hits. It was a good night.TRAINERS ROOMPadres C Derek Norris had his right arm examined after getting hit by a foul ball Thursday night, but X-rays were negative. Norris was available off the bench.UP NEXTRockies: RHP Jon Gray (9-7, 4.51 ERA) looks to rebound after allowing five runs over seven innings at Arizona in his last start. He is 2-0 with a 2.77 ERA in two career starts at Petco Park.Padres: LHP Christian Friedrich (4-10, 4.99) has thrown a career-high 104 2/3 innings going into Saturdays outing. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz