Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

10.08.2019 10:14
fortunate." Both of Cabreras run-scoring hits Antworten

NEW YORK -- Buck Showalter was standing in his office at Yankee Stadium when Baltimore reliever Tommy Hunter popped in and grabbed the managers arm, nudging him toward the thumping party in the clubhouse across the hall.And when Showalter emerged through the protective plastic sheets hanging above the entryway, his players roared and doused him in bubbly.Thanks to a victory in their regular-season finale, the power-hitting Orioles are on to the playoffs.Matt Wieters homered from both sides of the plate, Kevin Gausman gave Baltimore a clutch pitching performance and Baltimore snagged an AL wild card by beating the New York Yankees 5-2 Sunday.It never really got away from us, Showalter said. You go through periods when youre like, youve got a chance to win a division, youve got a chance to be a wild card, then youve got a chance to not even be in it. And you dont overcome that without having a real strong mentality.Baltimore will play Tuesday night at AL East rival Toronto for a chance to face AL West champion Texas in a best-of-five Division Series.All we asked for is an opportunity, and right now, we have an opportunity. So, lets celebrate and enjoy this and get back to work, outfielder Adam Jones said.Zach Britton got five outs and finished perfect in 48 save chances this year with a 0.54 ERA. Wieters had four RBIs and Gausman (9-12) was charged with two runs in 7 1/3 innings as the Orioles -- who led the majors by a wide margin with 253 home runs -- closed with their seventh victory in nine games to reach the postseason for the third time in five years.Theyre looking for their first World Series championship since 1983.You just roll the dice and see if you can knock on the door and break through this time, said Dan Duquette, executive vice president of baseball operations.Baltimore (89-73) barely celebrated on the field after Britton struck out Brett Gardner to end it. Several players hugged each other behind the mound, but others simply walked out of the dugout and formed the customary handshake line.Back in their raucous clubhouse, however, the Orioles let loose. They sprayed beer and champagne, joining the AL East champion Red Sox as opponents who celebrated in the visitors clubhouse at Yankee Stadium within the past five days.I think its even more fun to do it here, Gausman said. They beat us up a lot over the years, way past before my time, so its good to celebrate here.In his final game before retiring, New York slugger Mark Teixeira went 0 for 3 and showed off his Gold Glove form with a couple of slick plays at first base. Honored during a 12-minute ceremony and feted with several gifts before the game, he was removed with one out in the top of the seventh inning so he could soak up the cheers while he walked off the field, fully composed as he hugged his teammates one at a time.Mentally and emotionally, I kind of prepared for it, Teixeira said. It wasnt as weird as I thought it would be.Baltimore squandered a three-run lead Saturday in a 7-3 loss to the Yankees that made its playoff prospects more complicated. But the Orioles got help that night when Detroit and Seattle were beaten, so they knew when they arrived at Yankee Stadium on Sunday that all they needed was a win to get in.When I woke up, I was ready to go, Gausman said. I wanted the game to start at 12 oclock. I was pacing back and forth in here a long time and I wanted the ball today.Jonathan Schoop, who started every game this season, reached on a pop-fly double leading off the third and put Baltimore ahead when he scored on J.J. Hardys sacrifice fly.In the fourth, Wieters was batting left-handed when he hit a two-run homer into the second deck in right field on a 3-0 pitch from Luis Cessa (4-4). That came one batter after Mark Trumbo reached on an infield single when Teixeira failed to scoop third baseman Ronald Torreyes short-hop throw.Manny Machado singled in the sixth and Wieters, batting right-handed, greeted lefty reliever Tommy Layne with another two-run drive just inside the left-field foul pole.Brian McCann went deep for the fourth-place Yankees (84-78), reaching 20 homers for the ninth consecutive season and 10th time overall.Didi Gregorius had an RBI single off Britton with two outs in the eighth before first baseman Chris Davis grabbed Aaron Hicks sharp grounder with two on to end the inning.LOOKING AHEADThe Orioles went 9-10 against the Blue Jays (89-73) this season. They were 4-5 in Toronto, but took two of three crucial games there just last week. We won five straight series on the road at the end of the year. That is a very, very hard thing to do, Jones said.DOUBLE TROUBLEWieters became the first Orioles player to homer from both sides since Hall of Fame second baseman Roberto Alomar against Cleveland on July 25, 1996. ... Wieters has seven career multihomer games, three this season.YANKEE DOODLE DANDYGausman was 3-1 with a 1.10 ERA in six starts against the Yankees this year.LET THE RECORD SHOWTeixeira finished with the same amount of hits as games played (1,862). He batted .268 with 409 home runs and 1,298 RBIs.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Chris Tillman (16-6, 3.77 ERA) figures to start the wild-card game, but Showalter did not announce his plans.Yankees: Play their season opener next year April 2 at Tampa Bay. Fake Jerseys 2020 . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Cheap Jerseys From China . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. http://www.jerseyscheapcustom.com/ . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Fake China Jerseys .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. SAN DIEGO -- While Robbie Erlin was expecting to make a start on Saturday night, he never thought it would be in the major leagues. Erlin (1-0) won his first major league start after being called up to help a depleted staff, Everth Cabrera had three hits and two RBIs, and the San Diego Padres beat the Toronto Blue Jays 4-3 for the second time Saturday. Scheduled to pitch for Triple-A Tucson on Saturday, Erlin was instead needed by the Padres because scheduled starter Clayton Richard was forced to pitch two innings in relief in the Padres 17-inning, 4-3 win that began Friday night and ended early Saturday. "At midnight last night, I got the call that I was flying here instead," Erlin said. "I was actually on my way to Phoenix because the Tucson Padres were flying out of there, so it was a little change to my schedule." Erlin, a left-hander, made two appearances in his previous stint with San Diego earlier this season, but started for the first time and allowed two runs over 6 2-3 innings. He gave up eight hits and struck out four while not issuing a walk. "Id say it was helpful, because I knew what to expect," Erlin said of making his debut earlier in the season. "Everything was more familiar. I was surprisingly calm. It just came down to executing pitches." San Diego improved to 15-6 in its last 21 games at Petco Park, and the Padres have won four of their last five at home. "It really worked out," Padres manager Bud Black said. "Based on last nights game and having Clayton have to pitch last night, it fell on Robbies day today. That is something that you dont plan, but when it works out, you feel fortunate." Both of Cabreras run-scoring hits were infield singles. In the second inning, Cabrera reached on a groundball up the third base line that Toronto starter Mark Bueehrle fielded and threw wide past first base.dddddddddddd "I think I hesitated a second, looked up and realized Edwin (Encarnacion) was charging. By the time I turned and threw it, I was off balance," said Buehrle, who has won four straight Gold Gloves. Buehrle (2-4) had not committed an error since 2011 and has only three since 2008. He allowed four runs -- three earned -- and a season-high 10 hits over six innings while striking out two and walking one. "Youre coming in knowing the bullpen is worn out and you want to go as deep as you can," Buehrle said. "But today was one of those days. I didnt have much. I had to battle through the whole game." Adam Lind had two hits against Erlin, including a solo homer in the fourth. Lind also had a hit taken away by a diving catch by left fielder Carlos Quentin in the sixth. "We swung the bats really well," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "But we got beat by a couple of infield hits. Thats baseball. That happens sometimes." Luke Gregerson allowed a run in the ninth but converted his first save in two opportunities. Gregerson filled in for closer Huston Street, who earlier in the day was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left calf muscle. NOTES: No Padres player before Cabrera has driven in two runs on infield hits. . Buehrle has not allowed a home run in five straight starts after giving up 11 homers in his first seven games. The loss was Buerhles first against San Diego in three career starts. ... Richard will start Tuesday in Los Angeles. ... RHP Ramon Ortiz (1-2, 5.01) will start on Sunday for Toronto after being recalled prior to Saturdays game when Brandon Morrow was placed on the DL with a forearm strain. ... RHP Edinson Volquez (4-5, 5.20) starts for San Diego on in the series finale on Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz