Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

14.08.2019 09:14
first try.It came unexpected for a Antworten

After Adrian Lewis hit a Premier League nine-darter, Rod Studd recalls how Freddie Flintoff was caught up in the mayhem of Michael van Gerwens perfect leg. Lewis completed the first nine-darter of the competition in last weeks win against James Wade and the eight remaining players return to action this Thursday night, live on Sky Sports. World No 1 Van Gerwen has a number of nine-darters to his name, but Studd has picked out a perfect leg at the World Matchplay, with special guest Freddie Flintoff supplying his own unique commentary. Michael Van Gerwen v Steve Beaton, 2012 World Matchplay last 16 Andrew Flintoff is an avid follower of darts You have to remember that Michael van Gerwen was very much in the doldrums at this stage of his career. Before he became the new Van Gerwen, he was still floundering a bit, struggling. This nine-darter served as a catalyst for what came afterwards. He went on to win the World Grand Prix and then all those titles and remarkable feats would follow.The great Andrew Freddie Flintoff had joined the irrepressible John Gwynne and Rod Harrington in the commentary box. Freddie has always been a fan of the arrows and obviously fancied a trip to Blackpool. I thought Freddie was going to spontaneously combust as double 12 went in. Rodd Studd When asked if he fancied a spell as a guest commentator, Freddie jumped at the chance and became progressively energetic as Van Gerwen produced his 40 seconds of magic. I thought Freddie was going to spontaneously combust as double 12 went in. The commentary added to the entertainment with Freddie saying: Its a nine-dart finish, its the first I have seen in the commentary box. John Gwynne is on his feet and Rod Harrington has wet himself!That thankfully did not happen, but it was a magical moment, and kick-started Michaels rise to greatness. John Part v Mark Webster, 2011 World Matchplay first round. John Part gave a glimpse of his class against Mark Webster Partys nine-darter is his only one on television and he still treasures it. Im sure John wont mind me saying, but he was playing like an absolute drain at the time, trailing 7-3 and averaging in the high 80s.Sid Waddell quite rightly kept saying out of nowhere as Part had not shown any inkling that he was going to do this. Tell me Im not having seaside dreams is the superb line that followed the last dart. Sky Live: PL Darts Michael van Gerwen will play twice in the Premier League as the battle for a top four spot continues And Manleys near miss... Peter Manley was inches away from an extraordinary nine-darter Ive got to also mention Peter Manley, who so nearly produced the greatest nine-darter ever in the 1999 World Matchplay final against Rod Harrington. No-one had hit a live televised nine-darter at that time. The Holy Grail was still being sought for and would not appear until Phil Taylor found it in 2002.One-dart Manley, that masterful showman, went for treble 18 and blocked the bed, so with 90 remaining he hit double 20 only to wire the bull. The agony as he sinks to his knees was a sight to behold. And Rod Harrington almost shoved Peter out of the way in his urgency to return to the oche! Watch all of the Premier League matches on Thursday night, starting at 7pm on Sky Sports 2.By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: Sky Live: PL Darts Taylor tired of theme tune Sky Bets darts odds On Sky TV Jon Lester Cubs Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Ernie Banks Jersey . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-daniel-descalso-jersey/ . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Ian Happ Cubs Jersey . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Ryne Sandberg Cubs Jersey . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. Russell Knox packed a surprising amount of power when he won the Travelers Championship.Not with any shot off the tee. With the cap off his head .Until I actually saw a clip on Sky Sports, I didnt even realize I threw it as hard as I did, Knox said.The Travelers Championship was sandwiched between the final major of the year and the return of Olympic golf for the first time in 112 years. Jim Furyk gave the Connecticut tournament plenty of buzz by becoming the first player to shoot 58 in PGA Tour history, even if he finished before television came on.Knox, with one toss of the cap, managed to provide yet another highlight.He came to the final hole at the TPC River Highlands with a one-shot lead. Knox went from the rough to a bunker, blasted out and had a 12-foot par putt through the shadow cast from a hospitality tent for the victory.A foot from the hole, he knew it was going in. He took a step back and started to pump his fist when he grabbed his cap and slung a line drive across the green. He clutched both arms. He kissed the ball and tossed it into the gallery, and clutched his arms again.And eventually, he got his hat back.I knew I threw it, Knox said Monday night after getting home to Florida. But I wasnt planning on it.Theres some history to the hat.Golf is loaded with theatrical moments on the 18th green in tournaments large and small, but his favorite memories -- until Sunday in Hartford -- involved hats. Knox remembers the year Fred Funk won The Players Championship, making a 5-foot par on the final hole and spiking his hat to the ground.And then there was Tiger Woods at Bay Hill in 2008. Tied for the lead on the final hole, his 25-foot birdie putt tumbled into the cup on the final turn. Instead of a sweeping fist pump that had become so predictable, Woods turned and slammed his cap to the ground. Moments later, when caddie Steve Williams handed him back his hat, Woods was perplexed. He said he was so into the moment that he didnt realize what he had done.Maybe I did it subconsciously, Knox said with a laugh. Something about hats, I guess.There was plenty behind the emotion.Born and raised in Scotland, he came to America without the pedigree of top golfers and picked Jacksonville University because of the coacch, the late Mike Fleming, and because he figured Florida was a lot warmer than home.dddddddddddd It took him five years to get to the PGA Tour, and just as long before he won.But even beating Dustin Johnson and Kevin Kisner in a World Golf Championship in Shanghai wasnt enough. He was an alternate in the HSBC Champions who became the first player since the inaugural event of the WGCs to win on his first try.It came unexpected for a lot of people, and I put a lot of pressure on myself that Ive got to validate that victory so people dont say, `That Knox kid got lucky for four days. Once you do it again, he said, you dont get that lucky.And there was the moment that brought enough emotion that he felt he could burst through his shirt.A week after winning in Shanghai, Knox was so worn out from the experience that he wanted to straight home. Instead, he honored his commitment by playing in Mexico and he was poised to win again until making bogey on the final hole and losing in a three-man playoff won by Graeme McDowell.Even fresh off his first victory, that loss ate at him.When I drove it in the rough and got out of the bunker, it was like, `Here we go. The stage is set. I had this putt to win and get redemption from Mexico, he said. Every pro dreams of making the last putt to win a tournament. `This is to win the Masters. This is to win anything. Its a great stadium setting, all the people were there and I said to myself, `This is your time to make a putt to win a tournament.The putt dropped. The hat went flying.Life keeps getting better.Knox went into the season with no victories and just over $4.2 million in career earnings. This season alone, he has two victories and nearly $4.5 million, with more to come. The 31-year-old moved to No. 4 in the FedEx Cup and is assured of playing all four of the $8.5 million playoff events, the final two with limited fields and no cut.Two wins in a year is big, Knox said. I still have opportunities. I get four good cracks at it, so you never know. Very few people win two times in a year. Very, very few win three times. I want to get greedy.Keep your hat on. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz