Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

14.08.2019 09:15
Cleveland on June 15, but are 42-44 since an Antworten

SYDNEY -- Former top-ranked American Jordan Spieth yielded the spotlight in Thursdays first round of the Australian Open to a pair of rising local stars: U.S. amateur champion Curtis Luck and rookie professional Lucas Herbert.Herbert and Luck both shot 5-under 67 to lead the tournament by a shot from a group of five players including the 51-year-old Australian Peter OMalley who shared the lead until he bogeyed his final hole.World No.5 Spieth was a further shot back among a group of eight players, including seven Australians, at 3-under 69.Former champion and local favorite Adam Scott contended with tougher conditions after a late tee-off and finished at 1-over, in a tie for 71st.Herbert was the leading amateur at the 2014 Australian Open when, still a teenager, he drove from Melbourne to Sydney and slept overnight in his parents car before qualifying and finishing 23rd overall.He missed the 2015 Open and used Twitter to plead for an invitation to join the field at this years tournament at the Royal Sydney Golf Club. In a series of tweets, Herbert pointed out he had been featured in promotional footage for the tournament and said hed be willing to sleep in the carpark again to get the vibes back from 2014.I was a bit of a cheeky on Twitter, he said. I shared a few tweets on Friday afternoon with (organizers).Maybe it helped, I dont really know but all I know is the next day I had an invite.Herbert had five birdies in a flawless 67 while Luck had a more rollercoaster ride on the par-72, 6,344 meter layout, carding seven birdies and two bogies.Luck was drawn to play alongside Spieth after a stellar season in which he won the U.S. Amateur Championship, the Asia-Pacific Championship and the professional West Australian Open.I had two great playing partners in Geoff (Ogilvy) and Jordan and they made it a lot of fun for me and obviously I played quite well, he said. Believe it or not, I wasnt actually that nervous and it was purely because Geoff and Jordan are so casual and so legitimately nice that we were chatting on the first tee before Id even teed off.Spieth was equally full of praise for his young playing partner.He was better composed than I was, no doubt, he said. Certainly, I learned a bit from him today on that side of things.He was smiling the whole time, really enjoying himself. I got a little frustrated there when I was hitting it close and just couldnt capitalize.He could have shot even par for the day and instead he turned that into 5-under there in the middle of the round, so thats the kind of stuff that is unteachable, and he has that. Adil Rami France Jersey . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. Morgan Schneiderlin Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/bacary-sagna-france-jersey/ . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Olivier Giroud Jersey . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Hugo Lloris Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. CLEVELAND -- The Kansas City Royals reign as AL Central champions is officially over. If they are to defend their World Series title, it will have to occur as a wild card.Right-hander Ian Kennedy surrendered three runs and a season-high 10 hits Wednesday night, allowing the Cleveland Indians to beat Kansas City 4-3. The defeat eliminated the Royals from the division race.All-Star catcher Salvador Perez homered, singled and had two RBI for the Royals, who trail Baltimore by five games for the final AL wild card spot with 10 games to play.We had a lot of injuries, man, all season, Perez said. We just kept losing guys, so it was a tough year for us, but thats no excuse. We cant do anything about it now, but were going to continue to play hard until the end, no matter what happens.Kennedy (11-10) lasted 5 2/3 innings in losing for the first time since July 25, a span of 10 starts and five wins. He went 2/3 in five outings against AL Central leader Cleveland, which holds a 7 1/2-game lead over Detroit.Kendrys Morales and Perez had RBI singles in the third to put Kansas City in front 2-1, but the Indians took the lead for good in the fifth on run-scoring doubles by Jose Ramirez and Jason Kipnis.The Indians are a very good team and have been all year, which is why theyre winning the division, Kennedy said. They just grind out at-bats over and over, and really make you work on the mound.The Royals shared first place with Cleveland on June 15, but are 42-44 since and now own the 10th-best record in the AL.Last season, the Royals won their first World Series since 1985 by beating the Mets in five games. They were favored to repeat in the division before losing Perez, third baseman Mike Moustakas, outfiellders Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain, and closer Wade Davis for extended time with injuries.ddddddddddddKansas City qualified for the playoffs as a wild card in 2014, advancing to the seventh game of the World Series before losing to San Francisco.Indians right-hander Corey Kluber (18-9) allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings, while Cody Allen gave up a solo homer to Perez in the ninth before earning his 28th save.The Royals put the potential tying run on against Allen, but pinch-runner Terrance Gore was thrown out by Roberto Perez while attempting to steal second base. It was Gores first career caught stealing in 18 regular season tries.That was perfect execution by Allen and Perez, which is the only way youre going to get Gore out, Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. Hes one of those guys who can steal a base when everyone in the ballpark knows hes going to try, but they just executed it perfectly.COMEBACK KIDRoyals LHP Jason Vargas, who underwent reconstructive elbow surgery last July, will be on a 60-65 pitch count Thursday. He threw 52 pitches Saturday in his first big league game since July 21, 2015. Jason worked very diligently to come back this quickly, Yost said. We appreciate it, so we want to get him 10-15 innings going into the offseason.UP NEXTRoyals: Vargas returned from Tommy John surgery and pitched three innings on Sept. 17 against the White Sox, allowing one run on two hits with a strikeout.Indians: RHP Mike Clevinger makes his first appearance against Kansas City. The rookie is 2-1 with a 3.52 ERA in seven games, including four starts, at Progressive Field. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz