Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

20.08.2019 05:38
She had no trouble being aggressive in practice. Antworten

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska overpowered Fresno State in the second half and won its opener in the easy fashion that was expected.The lasting memory of Saturday nights 43-10 win will be how everyone inside Memorial Stadium came together to remember the Cornhuskers fallen punter, Sam Foltz, who died in a July car crash.The Huskers draped Foltzs No. 27 jersey at the end of their bench, and after they went three-and-out on their first possession, they lined up with 10 players and no punter.The crowd stood and responded with loud cheers and applause as the play clock wound down, with Fresno States players joining them in the salute. When Nebraska was flagged for delay of game after the play clock expired, Fresno State declined the penalty.It was an incredible feeling, knowing how much he meant to the team and the community and all the fans out there, quarterback Tommy Armstrong said. It touched my heart a bit, just looking out there.Fresno State coach Tim DeRuyter was told beforehand that the Huskers would line up without a punter, and he said there was no question that the penalty would be declined.If we cant teach our guys something classy like that, whats college for? he said.Armstrong Jr. ran for two touchdowns and threw a perfect deep ball to Alonzo Moore for another as Nebraska took control of the game and gave Mike Riley his 100th win as a college coach.The Huskers pounded away at the Bulldogs with runs on 51 of their 64 plays, and Devine Ozigbo ran for a career-high 103 yards and two touchdowns. The biggest of Armstrongs few passes came two plays after Kieron Williams first career interception, when Moore beat his man to catch in stride a 57-yard TD early in the fourth quarter.When we run it that well, we open up a lot for the receivers, Armstrong said. When we get a chance to throw it, we have to complete them.Fresno States Chason Virgil, who missed the last nine games in 2015 with a broken clavicle, completed his first five passes and 11 of his first 14. The Bulldogs got a scare when he banged up his left shoulder late in the first half after being driven out of bounds by linebacker Luke Gifford, who was ejected for targeting.Virgil returned to start the third quarter but didnt get much done the rest of the night against a Nebraska defense that got better as the game went on.I thought our guys went toe-to-toe with them for a pretty good bit, and then they broke our will in the fourth quarter, DeRuyter said.THE TAKEAWAYFresno State: The Bulldogs, coming off a 3-9 season, hung with Nebraska for a half and should be improved if they can keep Virgil healthy for new offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau. They capitalized on Robert Stanleys blocked punt and a couple Nebraska penalties, and that allowed them to keep it close until the third quarter. First-year defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward can take consolation in that its unlikely his unit will go against another opponent that runs the ball as well as Nebraska.Nebraska: The game plan was perfect against an opponent that ranked 117th against the run last year, and once Armstrong and the Huskers got going in the second half, they were nearly unstoppable. Nebraska, which finished with 292 yards on the ground, ran on 20 of its first 21 plays, and Riley made good on his plan to get Armstrong more carries.Ozigbo and Terrell Newby formed a strong 1-2 combination, and freshman Tre Bryant showed up well when he got his chances late in the game. All that was pleasing to Riley. What upset him were three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in addition to an ejection for targeting for a third straight game.There was some good football, when you rush for that many yards, but I have mixed emotions about this game, Riley said. Lots of things have to change.UP NEXT:Fresno State: The Bulldogs go from playing in one of the cathedrals of college football to hosting Sacramento State. DeRuyters Fresno teams have beaten Football Championship Subdivision opponents by an average of 26 points.Nebraska: The Huskers host Wyoming, coached by former Nebraska assistant Craig Bohl. This is no gimme. The last time the teams met, in 2013 in Lincoln, the Cowboys scored a couple late touchdowns and put a scare into the Huskers before losing 37-34.---Online: AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org Jahlil Okafor Pelicans Jersey . LOUIS -- St. Anthony Davis Pelicans Jersey . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.shoppelicansonline.com/Authentic-Jrue-Holiday-Pelicans-Jersey/ . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Custom New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Anthony Davis Jersey . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. NEW YORK -- Barely 48 hours after Angelique Kerber waxed eloquent about how part of her championship journey this year included overcoming a tendency to lapse into negativity and express herself with adverse body language, there she was -- wagging her head, bouncing her racket, flipping her palms up in frustration.She had good reason. She had just lost control of the US Open final, making unexpected errors that allowed first-time Grand Slam finalist Karolina Pliskova a service break. The challenger, seeded No. 10, went on to win the second set. With the wind at her back, Pliskova then broke No. 2 Kerber to take a 2-1 lead in the third.It seemed that Kerber was about to produce an object lesson in how easily we regress to an earlier self, even if it isnt a better one. But Kerber had one more major surprise in store this year.She pulled out of her swoon, breaking Pliskova in the sixth game for 3-all. Suddenly the pessimistic mannerisms evaporated. Her energy level spiked, and her vaunted consistency returned. Kerber won it going away in a high-quality, 2-hour, 7-minute final, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.I was trying to change it [my negativity] in the third set, but it was not so easy because Karolina is a tough opponent, Kerber said. I just told myself, OK, stay positive. I was thinking a little bit of the [third set in the] final in Australia. I believed then my game, and I did it today, as well. So that was in my mind to stop the negative emotions.Kerbers victory over her doubts and the kind of perfectionism that too often yields disillusion in the ubertalented is the main theme of her spectacular year. It sets an example for all the other talented but flawed WTA contenders, and blows apart the theory that parity is inevitable. Whats even more remarkable is that she effected this transformation at a relatively late age.At 28, shes the oldest first-time No. 1 player, and just the fourth Open-era player to reach three Grand Slam finals in the same year she reached her first. Kerber upset top-seeded Serena Williams in the Australian Open final but lost the rematch at Wimbledon. They never met at the US Open. Li Na, now retired, is the only other woman who won her first two Grand Slam titles after 28.Kerber embarked on this year with two goals: She wanted to improve her fitness and wanted to be more aggressive, taking charge of points with an eye to finishing points when she had the opportunity. When you know you can run forever on court, youre not worried that you can play three sets, Kerber said.ddddddddddddI think this is really important for your confidence.A string of close, frustrating losses in 2015 also convinced Kerber and her team that she needed to play more aggressive tennis. As with negativity, old habits are difficult to overcome. She had no trouble being aggressive in practice. In matches, she reverted to poking back the ball. Just to make the transfer to matches, that was the challenge, she said.Kerber made the transfer successfully in Australia, realizing the lifelong dream of every pro when she won a Grand Slam title. But in the ensuing months, she backslid. Her new status entailed obligations and a raft of pressures. Her results fluctuated wildly. She won Stuttgart, but lost her opening matches in the big combined clay-court tournaments in Madrid and Rome, and flamed out in the first round in the French Open. It was beginning to look like her run in Australia was just one of those things. More proof that nobody was really ready to step forward and make a bid to knock Williams off her No. 1 perch and take command of the WTA.Looking back, Kerber admits she just couldnt deal with the pressure when she arrived in Paris. But after she lost there, she went home and told herself, OK, just start practicing hard and go for it. You did it once, you still have two Grand Slams in front of you. Dont make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything.Kerber has found her game and reinvented herself at an auspicious moment. With the Williams sisters grudgingly but inevitably giving more and more ground to age and injury, Kerber is not merely a nominal No. 1. She earned the honor the hard way, at Grand Slam events. She secured it with an impressive act of transformation. She showed that old habits and selves die hard, but they can be reformed.Definitely I would say now that [Kerber] deserves to be No. 1 because she did so well, Pliskova acknowledged after the final. She has two Grand Slam titles, one final, few other titles. Shes been just playing great this year, and constant. She deserve to be No. 1. And after years what Serena was there, I think its a nice change.Nice or not, it certainly makes for an interesting scenario for next year. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz