Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

02.09.2019 11:34
other Tours during the course of a season, rath Antworten

MONTREAL -- Andrew Shaws best game of the season helped the Montreal Canadiens set a franchise record.Shaw scored and added two assists to lead the Canadiens to a 5-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday night to extend their winning streak to four games.The victory was Montreals 10th at the Bell Centre this season, a club record for consecutive home wins to start a season. The previous record was established in 1953.I havent played great this year, said Shaw, who has six points this season. I havent played my game, Ive gotten away from that. Im just trying to keep things easy. Last year I had a terrible start and I didnt start great this year again. Its about learning from those experiences and busting through that wall.Shaws goal was his first since Montreals opener Oct. 13. The third-line winger had his first multipoint game with the Canadiens.The 25-year-old made it 4-0 in the second period when Alex Galchenyuks slap shot from the point went off Shaws left skate and in.Shaw says he was inspired by his good friend Bryan Bickell, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis this week. They were teammates in Chicago, winning two Stanley Cups together.A friend, a great guy all around, Shaw said about Bickell, who now plays for the Carolina Hurricanes. For him to go through this, its got to be hard. Hes a tough kid. Hes strong mentally and physically. Hes surrounded by great people and theyre going to help him through this. I talked to him yesterday and his spirits were good for his situation.Carey Price did the rest for Montreal, making 25 saves for his second shutout of the season.Perhaps Prices best stop of the evening came midway through the second period as he snagged Luke Glendenings deflection out of midair. Nine minutes into the third, Price denied Gustav Nyquist on the breakaway to preserve the shutout.The way hes playing, he gives us a lot of confidence as a team, coach Michel Therrien said. Hes a true leader. The way hes performing, there are times we have breakdowns and hes there to make the big save.Phillip Danault, Paul Byron, Shea Weber and Max Pacioretty also scored to help NHL-leading Montreal improve to 13-1-1.Jimmy Howard gave up five goals on 25 shots for Detroit before being replaced by Petr Mrazek at the start of the third period. Mrazek made 12 saves in relief. The Red Wings dropped to (8-7-1.They did a better job in front of our net than we did in front of theirs, Howard said. They got their sticks on everything and they made a lot of good little plays. They were hounding the puck all night. They showed why theyve been playing so great.Game notes Galchenyuk had two assists to extend his point streak to four games. Alexander Radulov, with an assist on Webers goal, also extended his point streak to four games. ... Brian Flynn (upper-body injury) was a late scratch for Montreal. David Desharnais, who was a healthy scratch last game, centered the fourth line in Flynns absence. ... Red Wings forward Anthony Mantha made his season debut.UP NEXT:Detroit: The Red Wings return home to face Tampa Bay on Tuesday night.Montreal: The Canadiens are at Chicago on Sunday night. Milan Lucic Oilers Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Matt Benning Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/matt-benning-jersey/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Jean-Francois Jacques Oilers Jersey . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. Edmonton Oilers Jerseys .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team.Ewen Murray reflects on 20 years of memorable moments at The Players Championship and discusses Rory McIlroys decision to opt out of the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth. The 2016 season is gathering momentum and with the first major of the year behind us, the focus is now on The Players Championship. Like the European Tours BMW PGA Championship, The Players is played at the same venue each year and no doubt Sawgrass will be in fine shape for this years edition.For those who have not had the fortune to play at Ponte Vedra, its a course that has kept pace with modern technology in its 30 odd years, despite the fact its just over 7,000 yards. Craig Perks chipped in twice on his way to a shock victory at Sawgrass in 2002 There have been some amazing finishes down the years. My colleague, Craig Perks victory stands out. The New Zealander required just two putts over the closing three holes en route to victory in 2002. Two years earlier, I can still hear Hal Sutton having struck a six-iron to 18 saying, be the right club today and it was. His playing partner that round, Tiger Woods, gave Hal the thumbs up.There have been many dramatic moments with Sergio Garcia and KJ Choi having to go beyond the 72 holes before celebrating victory. Sergios win took him to No 2 in the world, his highest position so far, while Choi became the first Korean to hold the title. Sergio Garcias Players Championship win took him to second in the world rankings Adam Scott was a young man when he found the water at the last, yet held his nerve to win. Fred Funk was in the autumn of his career when his moment came. Fred had been a Ponte Vedra resident for several years and no doubt, his success was more than popular within the local community.Our own Sandy Lyle won in the eighties, as did Aussie, Steve Elkington, who will be remembered for one of the most sweetly struck long-irons ever seen. A majestic two-iron to the 18th green finished just a few feet from the cup.Yet of all the Players I have attended and I shiver when I say 20, last years edition of the PGA Tours flagship event was the most memorable. Perhaps a rain delay added to the drama as the heavens opened so close to the end. Maybe it was Kevin Kisner trying to make The Players his first win, having come so close on several occasions. But more than likely, it was the truly brilliant play down the stretch from young American star, Rickie Fowler. Rickie Fowler birdied the 17th three times on the final day in his thrilling TPC win last year Great as this game is, there are few moments each season of that quality. It was golf at its best and the way Fowler closed out the 2015 Championship will live long in the memory. Six under for the last six holes, five under for the last four, that had never been done since PGA Tour records began and he birdied the notorious 17th three times on that final Sunday. Any Hollywood script writer would find it hard to come up with these closing lines in the last act.So whos turn will it be this year? Its eyes shut I think with a pin in your fingers! Historically, this tournament has the strongest field, perhaps rivalled by the PGA championship of America, which incidentally, will be played at the end of July this year to accommodate the return of golf to the Olympic Games. Will Jordan Spieth be over his disappointment at Augusta? Will Jason Day add to his recent impressive haul? Will Rory McIlroy find the consistency that has eluded him lately? His final round at Quail Hollow suggest only minor tweaks are necessary. I may add, will Danny Willett go on from where he left off in Georgia? All of course, are more than capable.Never has the game been in better shape. Young players have little fear and plenty of belief. For our young guns, its Ryder Cup year and our captain Darren Clarke will be there to cast his experienced eye over them. What a chance to impress on American soil and in doing so, capture Clarkes attention and join in the bid to retain the Cup in Minnesota. Darren Clarke will be looking for a strong European performance in golfs unofficial This event has been called golfs fifth major.dddddddddddd Its not that and never will be, but its just below the four elite events in our sport and to have The Players on your CV is more than desirable.In little more than a week after the conclusion of Sawgrass, the BMW PGA Championship gets under way at Wentworth and many fans will be disappointed to hear the event will go ahead without Rory McIlroy in the field. My Twitter account went red-hot when the news was broken, most saying everyone who is eligible should be at the historic Surrey venue. Rory McIlroy has withdrawn from this months BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth Having been a member of the European Tour since its inception in 1971, I believe everyone should play in this iconic event, albeit not the flagship event on our Tour. The fact is, the top players cannot compete every week.Like you, I would like Rory to be there, but lets not forget, he hosts the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open and he has forgone the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational so as he can grace the French Open, which celebrates 100 years of playing at the beginning of July. He will also represent his nation in the Rio Olympics and that is the main reason he will not be at Wentworth. In doing what he is doing, I believe he is supporting his home Tour. McIlroy is still supporting the European Tour, hosting the Irish Open and choosing to play in the French Open over a WGC Some of you may not know that the worlds top 50 are exempt for the BMW PGA. So many of our home-grown players have supported The Players Championship in the past. It would be correct if some PGA Tour players made the effort to support BMW who have been superb sponsors both at home and in the USA.If I was the PGA Tour commissioner, I would advocate that his top 50 players play a minimum of two events worldwide on other Tours during the course of a season, rather than them having to gain release clauses to do so. If the Tours work together, the professional game can only get stronger. We have seen that with the European Tour and the Asian Tour and, because of their alliance, both have benefitted. PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem should encourage more players to come to Wentworth Perhaps, there are too many tournaments. Greg Norman stated over 20 years ago that we should ease towards a world Tour. I thought he was correct then and nothing has changed for me to believe otherwise. Both the PGA and European Tours would still remain strong, as they have to, to accommodate all members.The four majors, four WGC events and selected others could form a 20-week season which is about as many tournaments the top players play. Many other issues would have to be assessed; world rankings, qualifying systems, promotion and relegation etc. Maybe the task is too big, too hard, too difficult. It is however, food for thought and Im sure you have many opinions on the subject. Rory is hosting the Irish Open at the K Club next week In between Sawgrass and Wentworth, The Irish Open is to be played out at the K Club. The County Kildare course is relatively young, yet has many historical images. Rory has invited 13-year-old Irish starlet, Tom McKibben to partner him in the pre-tournament pro-am. Rory says he is the future and I wish Tom well alongside his idol.Thats your next three weeks on Sky Sports golf, so enjoy it all from the USA, Ireland and England. You will notice I have given no tips. I keep getting invited to the turf accountants cocktail parties as my awful predictions make then fortunes.I hope you make good choices and, along with the rest of the team, we look forward to your company. In the meantime, keep bashing them down the middle. Also See: Strong finish lifts McIlroy TPC preview Wells Fargo: Day 4 highlights Golf live on Sky Sports 4 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz