Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

20.09.2019 09:07
goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 poi Antworten

The Wayne Gretzky of Wayne Gretzky collectors has netted big bucks for old pucks after an auction of some of his choicest memorabilia closed Wednesday. Shawn Chaulk, a construction contractor from Fort McMurray, Alta., received more than $500,000 for a collection of jerseys, skates, helmets, gloves and pucks used in action by the Great One. About $350,000 came from one item alone -- the jersey Gretzky wore in the 1986-87 season when he scored his 500th NHL goal and won the Stanley Cup with the Edmonton Oilers. Chaulk said those deals may be dwarfed by those yet to come, as private buyers sniff around whats left of what was probably the greatest Gretzky collection ever assembled. "While we were busy auctioning this group of stuff out the front door, there was a lineup of people knocking on the back door looking for private deals," said Chaulk. "In one single transaction this week, I sold a group of five items for over $100,000." Chaulk, a 45-year-old quick-to-smile former Newfoundlander, had amassed a collection that made grown men weak in the knees -- memorabilia from the worlds best player from the sports last great dynasty. The items most recently on auction included pieces of hockey history including: -- The puck Gretzky shot to score his 500th goal ($22,400). -- The skates he wore for that milestone marker ($19,500). -- A Jofa helmet worn during Gretzkys last year in the Western Hockey League and first year as an Oiler ($13,000). -- A No. 99 practice bib and jersey ($14,000). -- A selection of sticks from all-star games as well as from Gretzkys time with the Los Angeles Kings and New York Rangers ($1,433 to $2,310). Bargain items? The socks he wore in the 1984 Campbell Conference all-star game could have been yours for a mere $875. Those prices dont include the 20 per cent buyers premium. Chaulk said hes generally pleased with the prices his artifacts fetched. "It was a lot of fun," he said. "I thought maybe the jersey might go higher, as did most people in the hobby. "But auctions are fickle. Youre lucky to have two people bid against each other at those levels." Still, the 500-goal jersey went back and forth through 29 bids. It may be the second-most expensive hockey jersey ever purchased. The one worn by Paul Henderson during the 1972 series against the Russians last sold for $1.2 million. The online auction opened in mid-May and closed early Wednesday as the last bids trickled in. Chaulk wasnt glued to the bidding, but those who were kept him plugged in. "I sat in my office all last night and worked," he said. "And as I was working I was fielding emails and texts from people all around the globe." Although Chaulk has a pretty good idea of who some of the bidders were, the buyers are confidential. He is pleased to note that two of the pucks -- including the 500-goal biscuit -- will stay in Fort McMurray. Chaulk doesnt plan to sell his entire stash, but he has plenty more Gretzky memorabilia for sale. The players game-used sticks alone number over 100 and range from one used in the 1978 world junior tournament from one used in Gretzkys last game with the New York Rangers in 1999. Chaulk hints one buyer is talking about picking up pretty much all thats left for $1.7 million -- about the yearly price of a third-line NHLer. Chaulk said that lot could wind up in a combination restaurant, hotel and museum devoted to The Shawn Chaulk Collection. "That would be pretty cool." Whats next? Chaulk doesnt know. His collection has already brought him all sorts of new friends, unlikely contacts and precious memories, from hanging out at the Sundance Film Festival with Gretzky fan and filmmaker Kevin Smith to touring the collection with The Great One himself. Nor have those opportunities stopped. After it heard of Chaulks hoard, a production company contacted him about getting involved with a reality TV show. Its all mushroomed pretty big for someone who just started buying game-used gear because it made him feel close to the game he loves. But there are no regrets to bidding goodbye to whats been a big part of his life. "I hold firm to the fun Ive had with this -- the challenges, the chase, the experiences, the people. Its awesome. "I cant sell that. Thatll be with me for ever." China Shoes 2020 . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Wholesale Shoes Authentic . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. https://www.wholesaleshoesusa.com/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Cheap Shoes Free Shipping . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Cheap Shoes From China . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. The British Olympic team has declared itself happy with the state of the athletes Olympic Village after delegations from Australia and Argentina voiced concerns.Australias athletes were due to move into the accommodations on Wednesday after initially refusing at the start of the week because of problems with blocked toilets, leaking pipes, exposed wiring, darkened stairwells where no lighting has been installed and dirty floors in need of a massive clean.The Argentina Olympic Committee (COA) has similar concerns and will be renting apartments outside the village, saying it cannot take risks while repairs are being made.The Belarus Olympic Committee also questioned the cleanliness,?saying there remains much for the Rio organising committee to do so that the living conditions meet sanitary requirements.But Team GB is happy with the accommodations, and some athletes have already spent two nights in the village. The opening ceremony is scheduled foor Aug.dddddddddddd. 5.Team GB were one of the first National Olympic Committees (NOCs) to take possession of Olympic Village accommodation and have been on site for a week, a BOA spokesperson said.Since then, we have been meeting on a daily basis with the local organising committee and our colleagues from other NOCs to find solutions to issues that have arisen in the village for the benefit of all delegations.We are confident that our accommodation is ready to receive athletes and will be to the highest standards. Whilst we have encountered some maintenance difficulties, this is not uncommon with new build structures of this type and we have been working hard to overcome them.Many of our athletes will be received into our preparation camp in nearby Belo Horizonte first as they focus on acclimatisation and training. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz