Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

24.09.2019 10:49
teak-tough Scouser from Liverpool but Da Antworten

NEW YORK -- Jason Groome has heard all about the maturity and makeup issues that caused him to fall out of the top 10 in last months Major League Baseball draft. He insists they arent true.Now, Groome will have a chance to prove it.The Boston Red Sox beat the Friday afternoon signing deadline by reaching an agreement with Groome, a 17-year-old, left-handed pitcher from New Jersey and the 12th overall pick in the draft. Groome received a $3.65 million signing bonus, which exceeded the $3,192,800 slot recommendation by MLB.It was hard not to sign right away, Groome said on a conference call. That was between the Red Sox and my agent.Groome attended Barnegat High School in New Jersey, spent his junior season at IMG Academy in Florida, then transferred home and was suspended by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association for not reporting the transfer, forcing him to sit out three weeks. He pitched a no-hitter with 19 strikeouts in a seven-inning game on April 11.Based on his talent, Groome was rated by many evaluators as a top-five pick. ESPNs Keith Law ranked Groome as the No. 2 overall pick on his pre-draft board, citing his size (6-foot-6, 220 pounds), sound mechanics and advanced curveball. But off-the-field concerns, coupled with lofty contract demands, contributed to his draft-day slip.After drafting Groome, the Red Sox insisted they had done their homework and were satisfied with his character. Area scout Ray Fagnant spent considerable time getting to know Groome, both on the field and away from it.With any player were considering at the top of the draft, we do extensive work on makeup and character, background, all of those things, said Mike Rickard, the Red Sox amateur scouting director. We did put a lot of work in on that end of it. Were very comfortable that we know who Jason Groome is.Said Groome: Theres nothing you can really do because its all he-say, she-say stuff. It did affect me at times, but once I got back out on the field, I just took all that into consideration. That was mainly my determination this year, to prove everyone wrong and really show them I can do this.At times, it just gets me so frustrated because I hear some of these people saying [things], these people never even met me and theyre just saying all these negative things. But once they meet me, they say how great of a person I am, and just a great young man.As they closed in on signing Groome, the Red Sox traded prized pitching prospect Anderson Espinoza to the San Diego Padres for All-Star lefty Drew Pomeranz. Boston hasnt developed a homegrown starting pitcher since Clay Buchholz in 2007, but Groome and hard-throwing right-hander Michael Kopech might represent the best chance to end that drought.It will take time, though. Groome will begin his professional career in the rookie-level Gulf Coast League, according to Rickard. Hes expected to move up to short-season Class A Lowell before the end of the season.Obviously with the talent, an elite talent like Jay, were going to be extremely conservative right out of the gate, Rickard said. Hes champing at the bit to get going, and we want him to get out there and get his feet under him, get him on our throwing program and certainly get him headed in the right direction as soon as possible. But I do anticipate that itll be a slow progression as far as getting him on a routine, getting him into bullpen settings and slowly progressing into games, hopefully building him up at a fairly good pace but certainly dont feel like were in any hurry to rush him out there until were sure that hes ready to go.Groome spent the past few days in Boston for a physical, his first trip to Fenway Park. On Thursday, he briefly met Red Sox manager John Farrell, who advised him to respect the game as he climbs the minor league ladder.Hes about to set off on a journey, Farrell said. If he treats it with respect, it will treat him the same in return.Information from The Associated Press was included in this report. Wholesale Custom Jerseys Authentic . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Fake Custom Jerseys . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. http://www.jerseyscustom.us/ . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. Fake Custom Jerseys . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. One is a proud Sydney westie the other a teak-tough Scouser from Liverpool but David Klemmer and James Graham will put their close friendship on hold for 80 minutes on Sunday.The Canterbury duo are two of the most competitive players in the NRL and will go head to head for the first time in a must-win game for the hosts at the London Olympic Stadium.Both have incurred the wrath of the NRL judiciary during the four seasons theyve played together and Klemmer admits its going to be interesting lining up against his club skipper.It should be good Bupa (Graham), hes a great competitor and hes loves England, Klemmer told AAP.He talks about it all the time at training and how much he loves his country.He missed the last game but he was very good in Englands first game against New Zealand.England dominated the Kiwis in the opening 20 minutes of their match in Huddersfield, but it was no coincidence that David Kidwells side got a foothold on the game, which they won 17-16, when Graham left for the interchaange bench.ddddddddddddWayne Bennett has confirmed he will be fit to play the Kangaroos after being sidelined due to a knee injury against Scotland and Klemmer said his competitive nature and will to win makes England a far tougher proposition.His eyes start rolling, sometimes when Im playing I look to the side and think whats this bloke doing?, he said.He can go a bit mental, but he is a competitor and I love playing alongside him, he really knows how to get the best out of me.He is a such a good asset for that England team, hes tough, strong and also a good ball player as well.Despite knowing Grahams game inside out, Klemmer denied hell be doing anything to get under his skippers skin during the game.No, not at all, to be honest its a bit fast out there to be having too much of a chat, he said.Im sure our paths will cross during the game and Im looking forward to it. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz