Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

30.09.2019 11:04
cougars 23-10 in Seattle to claim the Pac-10 tit Antworten

LOUDON, N.H. -- Matt Kenseth was always near the front of the pack. He stalked the leaders and waited for contenders to wilt.Kyle Busch and Martin Truex Jr. faded down the stretch. So did Denny Hamlin.It almost seemed like a repeat scenario for Kenseth.Just like last fall on the same track when Kevin Harvicks lead evaporated when he ran out of fuel, Kenseth pounced. He pulled away down the stretch to win the Sprint Cup race Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.Truex and Busch each led more than 120 laps before faltering over the final 75 laps, paving the way for Kenseth to win for the second time this season.Kenseth also won the New Hampshire race last September. He has 38th career victories.Last fall, we squeaked one out, a little more fuel than Kevin and a little different strategy, but not quite as good a car, Kenseth said. Today, I felt like we had the best car.NASCAR said Kenseths No. 20 Toyota failed the post-race laser inspection station and will be brought to the research and development center in Concord, North Carolina, for more evaluation. The penalty for that kind of failure has traditionally been a 15-point penalty. But this was the first time a race winner was busted since the lasers were instituted in 2013.Tony Stewart finished second and strengthened his spot inside the top 30 in the points standings. Stewart has a win this season and needs to secure a spot in the top 30 in points to clinch a spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. He inched from 30th to 28th in points.Joey Logano was third, followed by Harvick and Greg Biffle.Alex Bowman had a solid day ruined when he hit the wall late and finished 26th driving for Dale Earnhardt Jr. Earnhardt was sidelined because he suffered from symptoms of a concussion.Truex tumbled to 16th when his Toyota suffered a broken shifter and Busch dropped to eighth when he could never break free on late-race restarts.Were doing everything right, but were taking some on the chin here, Truex said.That allowed Kenseth, Buschs Joe Gibbs Racing teammate, to cruise to the top and snatch the lead with fellow JGR teammate Denny Hamlin with 30 laps He drove away on the final restart with 11 to go in the 301-mile race and soon the traditional lobster plopped on the hood of his Toyota.But this race could be the one remembered for truly solidifying Stewart in Chase contention. He snapped an 84-race losing streak last month at Sonoma and was fifth last week at Kentucky Speedway. Smoke is heating up this summer and could be racing for a fourth championship in his final NASCAR season.Everyone wants this last year to be good, Stewart said. Sonoma, I think really helped relax everybody.Kenseth became the first driver since Kurt Busch in 2004 to win consecutive starts at New Hampshire. He didnt win in his first 27 Cup starts at the track but has three wins in his last three races at the 1.058-mile track.It used to be one of my worst places and now I feel like its one of our better places, he said.Here are other items of note from Sundays race:---BOWMANS RUNBowman enjoyed perhaps the final race of his Sprint Cup career, running inside the top 10 and seemingly in position for his best finish in 72 starts.But Bowmans run in the No. 88 Chevrolet ended with a thud when a tire issue slammed his car into the wall and he finished 26th in his first Cup race of the season.Ive never got to actually race with guys like Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, all those guys, he said. I had a lot of fun passing really good cars.With four-time champion Jeff Gordon set to take the wheel next week if Earnhardt isnt cleared, Bowman is out of options for the rest of the year.The result will not show what a great job (at)AlexBRacing and the (at)nationwide88 gang did this weekend. Proud of them guys, Earnhardt tweeted.Bowman had no top-10 finishes in 71 starts over the 2014-2015 seasons with BK Racing and Tommy Baldwin Racing.I dont think Ive gotten out of a Cup car with a smile on my face in a while, he said. Its just so much fun to be able to run up front like that. Ive spent two years of my career wondering if I can really do this at the Cup level and today I answered that for myself.-----UNHAPPY HARVICKHarvick was hardly happy over his top-five finish.He went on TV after the race and blasted his Stewart-Haas Racing No. 4 Chevrolet pit crew for continued poor stops that cost him a serious shot at the checkered flag.Im disgusted to tell you the truth. Its the same thing every week. We just make mistake after mistake and until we clean that up we dont have a chance to win races putting ourselves in a hole every time we make a mistake, Harvick said.He added, Its really going to have to come from the top. I mean, they are going to have to clamp down and there is no way we can win a championship like this unless they straighten some of this stuff out.Harvicks crew had problems with lug nuts and the air gun on two separate spots that sunk him from contention.We always do something wrong, he said.-----KEZS STREAKBrad Keselowski failed in his bid to win three races. He followed wins at Daytona International Speedway and Kentucky Speedway with a 15th-place finish on Sunday.-----JUNIOR UPDATETeam owner Rick Hendrick does not think the concussion symptoms that sidelined Earnhardt are career threatening. He hoped to have NASCARs most popular driver back in the car next week at the Brickyard.Four-time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon will come out of retirement and drive the 88 next week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway if Earnhardt does not return. Hendrick says Gordon will likely remain in the car should Earnhardt need an extended absence.Earnhardt will have more tests early this week. Hendrick Motorsports will likely make a decision on Earnhardts availability on Wednesday.-----UP NEXTKyle Busch heads to the Brickyard as the defending winner at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Nmd Schuhe Deutschland . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. Ultra Boost Outlet . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. http://www.nmdschuhesale.de/nmd-cs2-schuhe-deutschland.html . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Adidas Nmd Günstig Kaufen" . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Adidas Eqt Schuhe Günstig .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. SEATTLE -- The Apple Cup is rarely this significant.Sure, the rivalry has gone through plenty of years where either Washington or Washington State had a significant stake in the outcome. But rarely has there been so much riding on this game as there will be Friday when the No. 6 Huskies and the No. 23 Cougars meet for the 109th time.This is just the sixth time both teams are ranked entering their rivalry week. Its also the first time in 35 years that a shot at the Rose Bowl -- at minimum -- will be at stake for the winner.Its a lofty place for both programs and has fans on each side in agreement: this could be the biggest Apple Cup ever.These kids have been all in on like every game, so to say, OK, this ones like . I dont know. I just want them to prepare like they have and go over and compete like they have, which I know they will, Washington coach Chris Petersen said Monday. We know its like all this hard work kind of comes down to this. But its really hard for me to say, like, `OK, now were really all in on this. I just think theyve really been invested this whole year, every game, and I think thats what youve kind of seen. But itll be exciting.Its not as simple as it was 35 years ago when the then-No. 17 Huskies beat the No. 14 Cougars 23-10 in Seattle to claim the Pac-10 title and a spot in the Rose Bowl. The winner on Friday still must win the conference championship game over the Pac-12 South winner to assure themselves of at least a spot in Pasadena.That 1981 game was the third time both schools were ranked. The other games:- 2001: No. 16 Huskies 26, No. 9 Cougars 14- 1997: No. 11 Cougars 41, No. 17 Huskies 35 (win sent Washington SState to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1930 season)- 1972: No.dddddddddddd 20 Cougars 27, No. 17 Huskies 10- 1936: No. 6 Huskies 40, No. 20 Cougars 0The past two weeks have taken a bit of luster off the meeting.Washingtons loss at home to Southern California and Washington States setback at Colorado diminished some of the significance.Washington State (8-3, 7-1 Pac-12) no longer has a path to the Rose Bowl via just a win over the Huskies; the Cougars only hope for a trip to Pasadena would come through winning the Pac-12 title game.Washington (10-1, 7-1) lost any wiggle room it had in the College Football Playoff rankings and must beat the Cougars and win the Pac-12 championship game to have a shot at being in the final four.I didnt think we played together particularly well, Leach said Monday of the loss to Colorado. (I) thought we should have played together better. I thought that was the case team-wide.The beginning of the week wasnt without distractions for the Huskies, who were dealing with the departure of reserve cornerback Darren Gardenhire on Monday. Gardenhire first posted on his Instagram page that he was transferring and Petersen later confirmed that Gardenhire is no longer with the program. Petersen said the decision was a bit of a surprise.Gardenhire appeared in 11 games and had 13 tackles, one interception and one fumble recovery.Difference in philosophy is probably the best way to put it, Petersen said.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz