Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

09.10.2019 08:56
Saturday night before Phoenixs game against Antworten

WASHINGTON -- The short-handed Washington Capitals look for revenge Sunday afternoon against a Columbus Blue Jackets squad in uncharted territory.The Blue Jackets beat Washington 2-1 in overtime at Columbus on Tuesday, part of a club-record seven-game home winning streak that has propelled the team to its best start in franchise history. Columbus 9-4-2 record is the high-water mark for the franchise through 15 games.If we want an opportunity to compete in this league in February and March and April, your home record needs to stand in there, Columbus coach John Tortorella said after his teams home win Friday over the Rangers. It has to continue.The Blue Jackets hit the road to face another solid home team in Washington, who is 6-2-0 at the Verizon Center this season and in the middle of a season-long, five-game homestand.But the Capitals will be missing several key pieces. Center Lars Eller (upper body injury) and winger T.J. Oshie (upper body injury), will be out against the Blue Jackets, with Oshie classified as week-to-week by the team. Both players were injured in the Capitals 1-0 triumph over Detroit on Friday.Theres a lot of holes that he creates with him not in the lineup, Washington coach Barry Trotz said of Oshie after the teams Saturday skate. But its a next man up mentality. Someone gets an opportunity and you go from there.The Capitals recalled forward Paul Carey from AHL Hershey on Saturday. Winger Andre Burakovsky, who also left Fridays game with an upper body injury, practiced Saturday and will be a game-time decision.Its important that the team doesnt look at it and say, We are missing two guys. Were just going to keep going and do our job, said Burakovsky, who added he was hoping to play Sunday.Braden Holtby is the likely candidate between the pipes for the Capitals after sitting out against the Blue Jackets earlier in the week, and the netminder is coming off arguably his best performance of the season, picking up his first shutout of the year and 24th of his career Friday.Thanks to a schedule quirk, Columbus is playing only its third Metropolitan Division game of the season. They are 5-0-0 against division leaders this season, having beaten Anaheim twice, Montreal, Chicago and the New York Rangers. Sundays game, against another contender, kicks off a stretch of five games in seven days.Its always good to be beat good teams, center William Karlsson said after beating the Rangers. Its a confidence booster.Defenseman Seth Jones returned to practice for the Blue Jackets on Saturday. He was placed on injured reserve Nov. 7 with a hairline fracture in his foot. Left winger Matt Calvert, who scored the game-winning goal Friday despite taking a puck to the face that resulted in 36 stitches, travelled to Washington, but is dealing with swelling around his eye, Tortorella said. Wholesale Red Sox Jerseys . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Custom Boston Red Sox Jerseys . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. https://www.cheapredsox.com/ . PAUL, Minn. Red Sox Jerseys 2020 .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Boston Red Sox Store . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. NEW YORK -- Mistie Bass, Kelsey Bone and their Mercury teammates met with Phoenix police a few weeks ago after practice.It was an eye-opening experience and an encouraging one for the disheartened Bass.That was such a great opportunity for us to ask some great questions. I dont think the system that is in place in Phoenix is the system in place everywhere, Bass said after practice Friday as Phoenix prepared for the second round of the WNBA playoffs. To see a model that is so crystal clear and to talk about their training and how much training they get.Bass said she learned the Phoenix police go through simulated processes for shoot or no-shoot situations. She was impressed officers have to pass those tests or return to training.Bass and Bone applaud the Phoenix police, but they also see police shootings of black men as a national problem. Bone first started kneeling during the national anthem a few weeks ago following what San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick did at a preseason game.Bass, a Duke graduate whose father is singer Chubby Checker, joined Bone on Wednesday, kneeling before the Mercurys playoff game against Indiana. The entire Fever team also knelt and locked arms that game. The pair said they will do it again Saturday night before Phoenixs game against the New York Liberty at Madison Square Garden. Bass expects many of the Liberty players to join.For me personally, my heart is too heavy to be able to stand, Bass said. The systematic reasoning of the flag in general is freedom, justice and liberty and thats not for everybody it seems.Fever player Marissa Coleman sharedd via Facebook on Thursday a lengthy post explaining her decision to protest during the anthem.ddddddddddddShe explained she has family who served in the military and her father is a retired police officer.Coleman wrote The bigger disrespect to this country and those who fight for it is staying silent on these issues that plague African-Americans and people of color.Bone had her own reason for kneeling.As someone who grew up in the South, my dads side of the family is from Birmingham, Alabama, and my grandparents on my moms side are from Louisiana, Bone said. Ive seen racism my whole life. Me kneeling isnt to call an end to racism. To me, we live in a country thats built on some form of racism. Youre not going to get rid of it.Bones dad is 6-foot-7 and 350 pounds. Her uncles are just as large.They are big black dudes, she said. Id be doing a disservice to my family and my heritage if I didnt use my platform and my voice. For the past three years of my life, I live in Turkey. Every year theres been bombing, terror and issues. The first thing I wanted to do is run home. But what is home? Am I any safer at home than a country that is terror-stricken?All three players know there is a lot of work to be done, but this is a starting place.By people seeing our protests it opens up conversations, Bass said. Conversations are always a good thing as it gets people talking and hopefully that will lead to change.---Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz