Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

22.02.2019 03:44
his first start for more than 10 Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Before racing in the womens Paralympic triathlon Sunday, U.S. athletes Allysa Seely, Hailey Danisewicz and Melissa Stockwell talked about it being the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. They had hopes of hearing the U.S. national anthem from the podium.They all did, after sweeping the medals in the PT2 class in triathlons Paralympic debut. Grace Norman also won gold in the womens PT4 class.Its a great day for America, said Danisewicz, who won silver, finishing 48 seconds behind Seelys winning time of 1 hour, 22 minutes and 55 seconds. On some very, very small level, it proves that Americans have a really great spirit and that whatever setbacks, challenges, obstacles come our way, (we) can rise from the fire.Stockwell lost her leg to a roadside bomb in Iraq in 2004, becoming the first female American soldier to lose a limb in active combat. On Sunday, she finished third in 1:25:24.When it got really tough out there I thought of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice and didnt make it back, Stockwell said. They pushed me to the finish -- just wanting to give my thanks to them.Seely and Danisewicz, both first-time Paralympians, greeted Stockwell at the finish line, waving an American flag as the teammates collapsed into an embrace.Stockwell, a three-time paratriathlon world champion considered a favorite to win this event, had no complaints about her bronze performance. She competed in swimming in the 2008 Paralympics but did not medal.Everything was worth it, she said Sunday, draped with an American flag. I would not go back for one second, for one minute. This is the culmination of everything.---This story has been corrected to show that the first name of Danisewicz is spelled Hailey, not Haley.---Emily Greenwood is a journalism student at the University of Georgia. Penn State and Georgia are partnering with The Associated Press to supplement coverage of the 2016 Paralympics. Al Horford Jersey . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. John Havlicek Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. http://www.celticsofficialsstore.com/kids-marcus-morris-celtics-jersey/ . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. Terry Rozier Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. Danny Ainge Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Bernie Ibini scored in his first game in nearly 18 months as Sydney FC advanced to the FFA Cup final, killing off Canberra Olympics dream run with a hard-fought 3-0 win.Semi-professional outfit Olympic made the Sky Blues work every step of the way at Viking Park on Wednesday night in a bid to become the first second-tier club to make the tournament decider.In the end they were undone by a Seb Ryall header, a cracking Milos Dimitrijevic free-kick and Ibinis strike, only spared a fourth goal thanks to Alex Brosques wayward header.Olympic stood by coach Frank Cachias vow that they would not park the bus against the A-League giants, producing a brave semi-final performance that was unfortunate not to yield a goal.Their well-organised back four pressed high and stood firm in the face of Sydneys methodical attack.At the other end the part-timers made promising entries into their visitors penalty area, Philippe Bernabo-Madrid missing a gilt-edged chance off a cross from one-time Sky Blues player Robbie Cattanach.But Sydney soon took control of possession and Rhyan Grant orchestrated the first-half opener, clipping a cross off a corner for Ryall to head home - Olympics first goal conceded in the elimination stage of the tournament.The Sky Blues would have doubled the lead soon thereafter had Olympics captain and goalkeeper Angelo Konstantinou not denied Bobo one on one for a second time.But the biggest missed opportunity was on Brosque.In his first start for more than 10 months he had only an open goal to contend with after Dimitrijevic chipped the ball over an onrushing Kostantinou, but somehow skewed his header into the post.Olympic returned with fire in the second half, the previously quiet Jeremy Habtemariam causing all kinds of trouble down the right flanks and talented young midfielder Daniel Colbertaldo slicing a 20-yard volley just wide.ddddddddddddBut they were soon punished after Phil Yarnold handballed, Dimitrijevic curling in a brilliant free-kick for a lead that would extend to three goals once Ibini entered the fray.The right winger, recovered from a badly broken leg, came on in the 82nd minute to play his first competitive match since the 2014-15 A-League grand final.He made it count, picked out perfectly by Matt Simons cross and coverting at the back post.Sydney will play either Melbourne City or Melbourne Victory in the final, with the two facing off in the other semi-final next week.To top it off with a goal, its definitely been a great night, Ibini said.Simo put a great ball across. I saw him running and I had to run as well because I knew Arnie would probably lose it at me if I didnt get to the back post.Brosque had been expecting a strong display from Olympic.They hadnt conceded a goal in the whole tournament for a reason, he said.They were structurally very good and hard to break down, and we just had to keep the ball moving and wait for opportunities.Its been quite a long time since the club won a trophy so this gives us a good chance.Konstantinou praised Olympics their brave performance in front of 5581 fans.We can hold our heads up high even though it was 3-0, he said.They beat two A-League teams 4-0 and they only beat us 3-0.It just came down to some quality finishing in the end. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz