Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

18.10.2019 08:19
thread. We want them to be confident, lest Antworten

MAPLE, Ont. -- The Great One firmly believes the NHL will return to Quebec City. The Quebec capital has been without an NHL franchise since the Nordiques left in 1995. But hockey legend Wayne Gretzky said Tuesday his gut feeling is that Quebec City will again have its own pro hockey franchise. "I think its only a matter of time before Quebec City is going to get a franchise," Gretzky told reporters at the Joe Carter Classic Golf Tournament. "Listen, I think we all agree its a good city and it can support an NHL team, especially now with the salary cap rules and the parity we have in the game of hockey. "When thats going to be, its anybodys guess but when they do come back in, its going to be a strong, solid franchise just like Winnipeg is now and it will be as successful as they are." The NHL made a triumphant return to Winnipeg in 2011 when the Atlanta Thrashers relocated there and were renamed the Jets. The original Winnipeg Jets operated in the NHL from 1979 until 1996 when they left for Phoenix. The Quebec Nordiques were founded in 1972 and played in the World Hockey Association before joining the NHL in 79. But following the 1994-95 season the franchise was sold, moved to Denver and renamed the Colorado Avalanche. To add insult to injury for Quebec hockey fans, the Avs won the Stanley Cup their first year in Denver. The uncertainty surrounding the NHLs future in Phoenix has helped fuel speculation Quebec City could be a potential landing spot for the Coyotes. Trouble is, Seattle has also been mentioned as a frontrunner for the troubled club, which is currently owned and operated by the league. Renaissance Sports & Entertainment is trying to purchase the Coyotes and keep them in Arizona. But Glendale city council must decide whether to accept a tentative lease agreement with the group. Talk around hockey circles is if the deal isnt accepted, the Coyotes could be playing elsewhere next season. Gretzky, 52, was a part-owner in Phoenix as well as the clubs head coach (2005-06 to 2008-09) following his playing career but couldnt shed any light on his former clubs future. "Honestly, Ive not followed it at all," he said. "I dont live in Arizona anymore and you probably know more about it than I do. "Id be just guessing if I said anything . . . and probably so would you." Despite the Coyotes struggles in Phoenix, Gretzky feels there is potential for an NHL club to succeed there. "Its a great city and its a great sports city," he said. "When you look at franchises . . . Columbus is a great example: They turned their season around this year, they started winning, they got some excitement, they started selling out again. "Phoenix is a very good sports city and hopefully they get the right owner that can go in there and keep that franchise in Phoenix." Gretzkys illustrious NHL career spanned 20 seasons and was spent with four teams (Edmonton, LA, St. Louis and New York Rangers). He retired following the 98-99 season and the four-time Stanley Cup champion with the Oilers remains the games all-time leader in goals (894), assists (1,963) and points (2,857). The six-foot, 189-pound of Brantford, Ont., was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame shortly after he retired. Gretzky is presently out of hockey but was mentioned as a potential successor to John Tortorella as the Rangers head coach. However, the New York club has reportedly hired former Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault to that post. "Listen, everything I have in my life is because of hockey, everything Ive got to do and the places Ive got to go to are because of hockey," Gretzky said. "I never talked to the New York Rangers. "At this point and time in my life, its nice that other people mention my name to say that Im around . . . Im enjoying what I am doing and right now hockey is not part of it. Is it going to be one day? Maybe. But right now that doesnt seem to be the case." So does Gretzky miss the game? "Oh sure," he said. "I wish I could play but unfortunately Im too slow and too old. "Its the greatest game in the world, yeah, I miss it." Gretzky has watched the Stanley Cup final from afar -- "I cant get tickets," he said when asked if hes attended any of the first three games -- and been impressed with what hes seen from Boston and Chicago. The Bruins lead the best-of-seven final 2-1 heading into Wednesday nights game in Beantown. "I think the hockey has been as good as Ive ever seen," he said. "Youve got two evenly matched teams that are doing everything they can to be successful. "Theyre playing hard, theyre playing fair, theyre playing the right way. I think theyve done a great service for the game of hockey and the NHL. Its been truly tremendous." And Gretzky has a rooting interest in the series. Hes hoping the Bruins prevail because his brother, Keith, is a scout with the club. "So from that point of view Im pulling for the Bruins and hope they get the chance to win the Stanley Cup," he said. New York Mets Store .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. Mets Jerseys China . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. https://www.cheapmetsjerseys.us/ . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Mets Jerseys 2020 . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. New York Mets Shirts . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. 1. My favorite things about Patrick Reed arent the beautiful, towering irons he hits, or his silky putting stroke. Its not the graceful club twirls, or his aggressive, pin-hunting approach on seemingly every hole. My favorite thing about Reed is hes the living embodiment of a role we need someone to play in every generation of golf: the swashbuckling, no-apologies rogue.2. Its not easy to embrace playing the rogue, to wear the metaphorical black hat in a sport where there is pressure to be corporate, friendly, boring and polite. Playing the nice guy is typically the path to millions of dollars and minimal controversy -- and for most players, it works. Jordan Spieth is the games shining example, the perfect face for the future of the game. The game needs him to be the genial Texan he was born and raised to be.3. We also need a little bit of Reed in our lives, just to keep things interesting. Hes not a villain. Thats taking it much too far. But there is a little bit of Han Solo in him. Hes a little ornery, a little salty, and often has the just right mixture of swagger and sarcasm to match how good his game can be when hes dialed in. Case in point: His answer Friday when asked about hitting a 6-iron to a foot on the ninth hole, his final hole of the day. I hit a great one, Reed said. I couldnt really see where I ended up or where it landed. So I just thought it might have been on the green because not a single person clapped. So I walk up there and I realize its a foot and I was like, OK, I guess the rest of the field has been hitting it inside a foot all day. Didnt get a single clap and its in there tight.4. Ive grown to love listening to him in press conferences, which often have the tension of a court deposition. Take this quote, when Reed was asked if he felt that he got any good breaks out there on his way to shooting the second-lowest round of the day: No, he said, letting the silence hang in the air for several seconds before proceeding. I didnt have any good breaks, but I really didnt have any bad breaks. It was kind of a normal round.5. Or this quote, when Reed was asked if he was frustrated that he hasnt won a major yet -- he has no top-10 finishes in 11 starts -- when some of his peers have already broken through: Not really. Ive only been on tour for three years. Everyone acts like Ive been on tour for 15, 20 years. Im only 25.6. Or consider how Reed responded when asked about making the Olympic team, an honor that came his way when Spieth and Dustin Johnson decided to withdraw from consideration: Its one of those things that just gives me goose bumps, because going over there, wearing Stars and Stripes, playing again, its going to be great.7. Even Reeds answer, when he was asked what he thought about Stephan Jaeger shooting 58 Thursday on the Web.com Tour, was classic Patrick Reed: It was interesting, because my mother-in-laws birthday was yesterday. She turned 59, and she goes, I want you to shoot my age tomorrow. I said OK. Obviously I didnt come close, but at least someone did it for me.8. There is a little bit of New Jersey attitude in Reed, even though he was born in Texas, raaised in Louisiana, and went to college in Georgia.dddddddddddd Hes not deferential to anyone and doesnt worry about peoples feelings, which might make him the perfect U.S. Ryder Cup player. (After just one win in the past seven cups, the Americans could use more of him. Even the Europeans couldnt help but love it when he made a string of birdies in 2014 at Gleneagles, and he egged on the crowd between holes.) Despite Reeds sense that no one clapped for his approach shot Friday on No. 9, the crowds at Baltusrol (in Springfield, New Jersey) seem to sense hes a kindred spirit.Even Reed was even a bit surprised how they were showering him with affection on Friday. They are great, Reed said. They really get into it. I was surprised at how many fans were actually out here early this morning with the weather. They are a bunch of troopers. Ive never heard so many people cheer about the Ryder Cup in my life, and were a long ways away from it.9. Reed, in fact, has become so wary of the media, hes now suspicious of criticism even when there might be none -- and in a way, I understand. Theres a needle we often ask our athletes to thread. We want them to be confident, lest we criticize them for lacking what it takes to succeed. But we also want them to be humble; if theyre too confident, we often criticize them for arrogance. Reed found himself in the middle of that conundrum in 2014 when he stated -- in an interview immediately after his third PGA Tour win -- that he felt he was a top-5 player in the world. The backlash was swift. Golf Channels Aaron Oberholser suggested Reeds comments would be better off made in the mirror, in the bathroom, when youre home alone.I was curious about it, and after his round Friday I asked Reed: Did he ever feel that was a little unfair, the way some people chided him for coming across as cocky? What was wrong, after all, with believing you are a top-3 player in the world? The question, I quickly learned, did not translate the way Id hoped. I appreciate you saying top-3, because I said to-5, Reed said, his words dripping with sarcasm. I appreciate you calling me cocky as well. I dont really know where to take that one.10. In the end, even though he seemed leery that I was trying to bait him, to set him up for more criticism, Reed went on to deliver a thoughtful answer -- one that helps reveal why hes such a fun player to follow, and why tournaments are always more interesting when hes playing well. If Reed makes a charge at the leaders over the weekend, itll be because there is no doubt in his mind he belongs at the top of the leaderboard, even if history doesnt yet back him up. As he ultimately said: If there was not a mic around, and you went out and asked every single guy, and if they knew you werent media, and you asked them where do you want to be, theyd say No. 1 in the world, Reed said. And if they dont, then those guys arent winning every week or even having the chance to win golf tournaments because theyre not believing in themselves. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz