Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

18.10.2019 08:20
45,000 of his countrymen, Werd Antworten

OTTAWA, Ontario -- Former Montreal Canadiens coach Jacques Demers is back at home after going to a hospital Saturday.Demers Senate office would only confirm that the 72-year-old Demers, a Canadian senator, was at home Sunday, but didnt provide any details about the reason he went to the hospital.Demers had suffered a stroke in April, but he was at the Canadiens home opener Tuesday night, smiling in a wheelchair while handing a torch to captain Max Pacioretty to close out a pregame ceremony.Demers led the Canadiens to their most recent Stanley Cup in 1993. He also coached the Quebec Nordiques, the Detroit Red Wings and the St. Louis Blues.Demers was appointed to the Senate in 2009 by then-Prime Minister Stephen Harper, but later left the Conservative caucus in December to sit as an Independent.At the time, he said he was uncomfortable with some of the fallout from the Senate expenses scandal and didnt like to have to vote the Conservative party line all the time. Tracy Mcgrady Hawks Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. Dominique Wilkins Hawks Jersey . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. https://www.thehawkslockerroom.com/Ray-Spalding-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. DeAndre Hunter jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. Spud Webb Hawks Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. CLEVELAND -- If not for the likable local hero who dethroned a champion a few months ago, Clevelands sports title drought might not be over.Stipe Miocic beat LeBron James to the punch.In May, Miocic went to Brazil and knocked out Fabricio Werdum in the first round to capture the UFC heavyweight title. The victory triggered a run of championships for Cleveland as the AHLs Lake Erie Monsters won the Calder Cup and James led the Cavaliers to an historic comeback over the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals, ending a title dearth stretching to 1964.For Miocic, a Cleveland native who works as a fire fighter and paramedic, starting the string of titles for his hometown was special.Cleveland needed it, he said. For 52 years, man, we had nothing. Its something to be proud of. You can say I broke or I didnt break it, I really dont care. Im just happy we have something to be proud of. Nothing is better than that.Miocic will now become the first Cleveland champion to defend a title as hell face Alistair Overeem in the main event Saturday night in UFC 203, which will take place in sold out Quicken Loans Arena, giving the 34-year-old Miocic a distinct home-octagon advantage.Also on the card is the long-awaited UFC debut of former pro wrestling superstar CM Punk, who at 37 is attempting a transition few would dare attempt. Punk will take on Mickey Gall, a rising 24-year-old welterweight who wanted to fight Punk and will now get his chance. Werdum gets back in action as well for the first time since losing to Miocic against heavyweight Travis Browne, who had some salty words for his opponent during Thursdays news conference.Miocic has gotten a sampling this week of what hell experience Saturday. The 6-foot-4, 240-pounders workouts have drawn big crowds and hundreds of fans were at the news conference, with many of them shouting out encouragement to Miocic, who responded with a quick smile and clenched fist. Its been a whirlwind summer for Miocic, who in addition to taking batting practice with the Cleveland Indians, riding in the Cavs downtown parade attended by nearly one million people, got married.His enngagement this weekend with Overeem has some parallels to his fight against Werdum.ddddddddddddIn front of 45,000 of his countrymen, Werdum came out aggressively and was off balance as he chased after Miocic, who landed a right-handed punch to the Brazilians chin. Werdum may have been slightly overconfident on his home turf, and he paid for it.Miocic promises he wont make the same mistake.It doesnt matter where I fight, he said. It could be Cleveland. It could be Brazil again. Im here for business. Ill walk into the octagon and all Ill think about is me and Alistair, and thats all I care about. No one else is getting in there with us, so Im going to come out the winner and thats the way its going to be.Overeem has spent the past few days saying hes hungrier than Clevelands champ and feels Miocic may be distracted by being home. A former kickboxing champion, Overeem says fighting on familiar ground can be helpful -- and a detriment.It does give you a little extra boost, the Dutchman said. It does give you a little more shivers. On the other hand, theres the extra appearances youve got to do and everyone wants a piece of you. It depends on how you handle it. I think with my 86 fights and my 22 years of training, Ive been able to handle it very well. Its going to be curious how Stipe handles it. Stipe seems very professional, but well see how he handles it on Saturday.Overeem has been targeted by some verbal taunts from Miocic supporters, who cant fathom the idea of him winning in Cleveland. Overeem has learned to like the city and even attended the Cavs victory parade, which he described as madness.It was nice to see a very proud state finally accomplishment championships, he said, adding a threat. I almost feel a little sad that I will be taking something away from them.Not if Miocic can help it. Hes helped change Cleveland, which has spent the summer celebrating like never before.Now were a city of champions, he said, and we plan on keeping it that way for a long time. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz