Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

22.02.2019 03:44
behind for the first time since Kentuckky score Antworten

One of the many messages received by Jenson Button came from Alain Prost. All the best my friend for the future, tweeted one champion to another. McLaren is a family.It was a brief but interesting comment in the light of Buttons intention to stand aside as a regular F1 driver. Prost took a sabbatical in 1992 and came back to win a fourth title the following year. The difference is that he left Ferrari, took a year off and joined Williams for 1993.The reference to the McLaren family is poignant, not only because Button is staying on board in an ambassadorial role but also because Prost, despite his sincere respect for the Williams management and mechanics, never truly felt at home with the team from Grove. His heart remained at Woking and there is no question that the same applies to Button.The irony here, of course, is that Jenson made his F1 debut with Williams in 2000. This was a major story for the British media back in the day. We had David Coulthard as de facto Number 2 to Mika Hakkinen at McLaren, while Johnny Herbert and Eddie Irvine were making dubious twilight of career moves to mismanaged Jaguar. The prospect of a bright-eyed 20-year-old Englishman joining a much-loved and respected British team had the so-called Fleet Street hacks playing puns with his catchy name long before the contract was signed at the eleventh hour. This was very good news.Nonetheless, a quick look at Buttons F3 record suggested circumspection might be in order. When I suggested the eulogies on Britains next World Champion (to quote a respected motor sport weekly) ought to be put on hold, my name went to the top of John Buttons wanted list as he, quite rightly, looked after the best interests of his son.I made only the briefest comment in The Observer report when Button crashed during qualifying for the first race in Australia. But John had plenty to say when Jenson qualified third at Spa and fifth at Suzuka. As we gathered round for a post-qualifying briefing in Belgium, I clearly remember Button Seniors gravelly voice booming in the background: Wheres that f***ing Irishman who says Jense aint gonna make it? Then a wheezy laugh and an arm around the shoulder, both of which were to become wonderfully familiar over the next decade.Jenson and I were to have a one-to-one interview at the end of the season, and subsequent chats during which he admitted that, perhaps, he could have benefitted from a bit more experience before being thrown in the deep end with a team not noted for its molly-coddling. Button may have finished 8th in the 2000 championship but those qualifying performances on two truly great driver circuits were evidence of a natural gift that did not receive its reward until much later.Confidence and maturity may have come through well-worked results with BAR-Honda but 2009 would be the outstanding season. Yes, the Brawn-Mercedes was the class of the field, but Button made the most of it early on. Which was just as well, because pressure began to take hold in the second half and required Jenson to maintain all of the poise and calm that has characterised his career.The chaotic and delirious post-race scenes in the cramped garage and paddock at Interlagos were as memorable as the season itself. One of my first jobs was to seek out the proud dad who, amid the tears, found time to cheerfully remind me of my prognostication nine years before.The following day, British newspaper reporters had an appointment with Jenson in the coffee bar of the Sheraton Hotel. When wed finished recalling the season and reflecting on his title, Button insisted on giving everyone a hug and personal thanks for a season spent together through good and very little bad.It was typical of Jensons genuine warmth; a humility he would carry with him to McLaren where the self-assurance of a former champions mantle would produce some exquisite fingertip performances. He would quickly become part of the family atmosphere so appreciated by Prost, a driver, appropriately enough, with similar gentle co-ordination in the car and similar grace when out of it. Raekwon McMillan Jersey . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Mike Hull Jersey . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.officialauthenticdolphinsshop.com/authentic-mark-duper-jersey.html . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Chase Allen Jersey .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. Mike Pouncey Jersey . JOHNS, N. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Even Nick Saban sometimes has to deliver an I told you so to his team, along with a few other choice words.No. 1 Alabamas slow-starting 31-3 victory over FCS team Chattanooga on Saturday night was one of those times.Jalen Hurts passed for three touchdowns and rushed for 68 yards, but the Crimson Tide (11-0) spotted the Mocs (8-3) the games first three points and didnt really shake them until late in the third quarter. The defense had a more Bama-like performance, and hasnt given up a touchdown in 13 quarters.Sabans halftime message after a week of trying to get his players to take Chattanooga seriously: I said, `Do you believe me now?Id been telling them all week, Saban said. The rest wed better bleep out.Hurts was 15 of 21 for 136 yards a week after torching Mississippi State for 347 yards. He had a 47-yard TD pass to Calvin Ridley and added two 1-yarders to Gehrig Dieter, including one in the final minutes that made the score look a little closer to what most expected. Hurts set Alabamas single-season record for rushing yards by a quarterback.Damien Harris rushed for 91 yards and a touchdown and Ridley gained 94 yards on seven catches.Alabama wide receiver ArDarius Stewart did not play in the game, and Saban indicated he was held out because sometimes we have players that have a violation of our standard of behavior.It was a milestone win for Saban, whose 41-5 record as the No. 1 team gives him the most of any coach. He had been tied with Ohio States Woody Hayes (40-4-1) and Florida States Bobby Bowden (40-5).This one came after a string of more impressive performances against Southeastern Conference opponents.I worried about it all week long, Saban said. When youre playing conference games every week and youre playing big games every week, its really hard to get guys not to have a letdown.Chattanoogas first-quarter field goal put Alabama behind for the first time since Kentuckky scored the first three points on Oct.dddddddddddd 1. The Mocs trailed just 14-3 until deep into the third quarter before Harris raced 25 yards for a touchdown.Alejandro Bennifield completed 16 of 21 passes for 106 yards for the Mocs, who sacked Hurts three times.I remember playing them here in 2013 and barely recording a first down, Chattanooga coach Russ Huesman said. They have got a really good football team, and they probably slept walked coming into this game. I am not trying to think that they were all jacked up to play Chattanooga, but our guys were pretty excited to play, and I am awful proud of them.Alabama wasnt exactly pushing the Mocs around early. Chattanooga stopped two runs from the 1-yard line in the second quarter before Hurts rolled right on fourth down and hit Dieter in the end zone for a 14-3 lead.That was set up by a muffed punt at the 9.I guess we just underestimated them, Ridley said.THE TAKEAWAYChattanooga: Was almost even in total yards with Alabama midway through the third quarter. Didnt allow a sack to a defense that came in with the most in the nation.Alabama: It was probably the least impressive performance of the season, considering what `Bama is expected to do to FCS teams. Left tackle Cam Robinson and backup Korren Kirven, who started at right guard, both left late with shoulder injuries. Saban expects them to be able to play in the Iron Bowl.POLL IMPLICATIONSChattanooga: Came in ranked No. 11 in the FCS coaches poll and shouldnt be judged much for this one.Alabama: Still a lock to be No. 1 in the AP poll and playoff rankings, especially with teams behind Tide struggling.UP NEXTChattanooga: Finished the regular season and awaits its playoff fate.Alabama: Hosts Auburn in the Iron Bowl seeking a third straight win over its in-state rival. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz