Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 93 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

30.10.2019 11:41
game and preserving the victory. " Antworten

BOSTON -- A new documentary about the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings chronicles the long road to recovery for many of the survivors still struggling with physical and emotional wounds.Marathon: The Patriots Day Bombing focuses on the stories of three families who had all been spectators near the finish line when two pressure cooker bombs detonated: a young newlywed couple, a mother and daughter and two brothers.The nearly two-hour film, which had its Boston premiere last week, airs on Monday on HBO.Filmmakers Ricki Stern and Annie Sundberg say they set out to give an unflinching look at the ups and downs of long-term recovery from the attack, which killed three people and injured nearly 300 others.We felt a huge responsibility to tell a broad picture of the survivors story, said Stern. Many of the survivors feel this global relationship with other survivors of terrorist attacks. That if theres some way their recovery can help others going through something similar, they want to do it.Patrick Downes, one of the survivors spotlighted in the documentary, says it wasnt always easy having the filmmakers along for the journeyYou have to be incredibly vulnerable during the worst moments of your life and share with people all the struggles involved, Downes said. We thought this was an important story to tell and we accepted that responsibility in the hopes that it represented not only our experience but the experience of a lot of other people.The 33-year-old Cambridge native and his wife, Jessica Kensky, had each lost part of a leg in the blast, but their recovery over the next three years couldnt be more different.Downes was able walk again using a prosthetic leg and eventually ran the 2016 Boston Marathon.Its a bittersweet moment that closes the film because while Downes seems to triumph over his injuries, Kensky continues to battle through multiple surgeries and setbacks.The film also shows how post-traumatic stress still haunts those who werent seriously injured or even there on marathon day.Bombing survivor Kevin Corcoran suffers superficial physical injuries, but is consumed with guilt because he had urged the family to move closer to the front of the crowds. His wife ended up losing both of her legs and his daughter suffered serious leg injuries in the blast.Another mother, Liz Norden, wasnt at the race but her two adult sons were spectators. They both lost legs in the blast.Two years after the attack, in 2015, Norden has a harder time moving on than her sons, attending nearly every day of the death penalty trial of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the youngest of two brothers that perpetrated the attack.Each one of them has experienced the impact in different ways. Everyone plays out the `what ifs, said Stern, the filmmaker. I didnt realize that, three years out, this, in many ways, is the hardest thing to get at -- the mental pain.---Follow Philip Marcelo at twitter.com/philmarcelo. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/journalist/philip-marcelo Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Custom Nike Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. https://www.customjerseysnikebaseball.com/custom-nike-tampa-bay-rays-jerseys/ . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Custom Nike Chicago Cubs Jerseys . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Custom Nike San Diego Padres Jerseys . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night.CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Toronto Blue Jays evened the three-game set with a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday evening. Below are some comments on matters of interest. BRETT LAWRIE, SECOND BASEMAN? A second start at second base for Lawrie, Wednesday, as he works his way back to the Blue Jays from a sprained ankle suffered on May 28. Triple-A Buffalo beat Syracuse 4-3. Lawrie went 0-4 with two strikeouts. "If we didnt think he didnt have a chance of being an outstanding second baseman he wouldnt be over there, we wouldnt be considering that," said manager John Gibbons. "He came up as a second baseman in Milwaukees (system.) Hes a plus defender, you could put him at shortstop and Im sure he could do a good job. The way were kind of looking at it, if it does develop, you combine him and Reyes up the middle where most of the action is. Youve got two great defenders, with a ton of range, you know they take away hits and thats a big part of this game." Dont expect Lawrie to return before the All-Star Break. If Lawrie is moved to second base, its likely Maicer Izturis and Mark DeRosa would platoon at third base. Edwin Encarnacion is also an option for the occasional start at third. DELABARS FIRST BIG LEAGUE SAVE IN FRONT OF "HOME" CROWD It wasnt how Steve Delabar expected to notch his first major league save but both he and his team will gladly take it. Delabar entered Wednesday nights game with two out in the ninth inning. Casey Janssen had retired the first two hitters he faced but ran into trouble, allowing two singles and a walk before an error was made behind him. Suddenly, Torontos 5-2 lead had been trimmed to 5-4 and the Indians had the tying and winning runs in scoring position. Delabar got Clevelands Michael Bradley to fly out to centre field on his first pitch, ending the game and preserving the victory. "I think you guys pay more attention tto it," said Delabar.dddddddddddd "I got the ball. I can say that was my first one. Theres not a huge significance to it except for that its the first one." The Indians announced a crowd of 14,134. The loudest fans were cheering for the Blue Jays. "We thought we had more fans here (Wednesday) than they did," said Delabar. "Cleveland, Detroit, I heard Milwaukees a good one, Seattle, all the places close to Canada we get a huge following and its awesome. I remember last year in Seattle I almost thought it was embarrassing because the opposing team had more fans than we did. Then I (got traded to Toronto) the next day and Im like, this is awesome. To have a huge fan base like that is awesome." ROGERS BOUNCES BACK Esmil Rogers pitched six innings, allowing one run on four hits. He didnt get a decision and is winless in four starts since he beat the Rockies on June 18. Still, Rogers has had subpar performances in only two of eight starts since he joined the rotation. After taking the loss on June 24 in Tampa Bay, Rogers pitched six scoreless innings in a 6-2 win at Boston on June 30. Rogers most recent appearance prior to Wednesday was last Thursdays 11-1 loss to Detroit. He was tagged for seven earned runs in five innings. His ability to bounce back, to avoid dwelling on a tough outing, is an important trait. "I try to learn every start I throw," said Rogers. "I learned from my last start against Detroit. I see the video, whats going on, what happened and what I do different. I think I learn a little bit more each start. Using my breaking pitch for a strike and when you got a breaking pitch for a strike you can throw any pitch in any count. Like today, I can throw a slider 3-0, 3-2 for Swisher and I have an opportunity to get people out." The Blue Jays have beaten both of Rogers former teams, Colorado and Cleveland, in the games hes started against them. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz