Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

30.10.2019 11:41
qualifiers against Poland Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Britain snatched Pool B out of the United States hands, scoring two goals in the final eight minutes Saturday to defeat the Americans 2-1 in womens field hockey.Sophie Bray scored midway through the fourth period, then Alex Danson barely got the stick on a long shot and redirected it into the goal three minutes later for the clincher.The United States would have won the pool with a draw because of goal difference, making Britains strong finish more dramatic.We have to show resilience, British player Kate Richardson-Walsh said. The American side are full of positive energy, full of resilience themselves. So we have to learn from that and feed off that.Topping the group means Britain avoids possibly running into the No. 1-ranked Netherlands, the Group A winner, until the final. The Netherlands, the two-time defending Olympic champion, has allowed just one goal in five matches at the Rio de Janeiro Games.In quarterfinal action on Monday, Britain will play Spain, the United States will face Germany, the Netherlands plays Argentina and Australia will square off with rival New Zealand.The Americans, who havent medaled since 1984, posted the best pool play performance in team history.Weve had a good set of pool games, United States coach Craig Parnham said. Were disappointed with the result tonight, but overall and for the week, weve been very good. Huge amount of positives to come out of the week. Todays not the worst thing that can happen. We can learn some lessons from there, make sure we regroup and reset before the quarterfinal.Britain outshot the United States 6-1 in the first half, but the match was scoreless at the break. Britain failed to score on four penalty corners, and U.S. goalkeeper Jackie Briggs had three saves in the first half.I think we were a bit outplayed, U.S. midfielder Michelle Vittese said. We dont ever like to do that. When we know that, I think it hits us a bit harder. Our job was just to get out there and do what we know we can do.The Americans had been a second-half team throughout pool play, and they looked ready to produce another strong effort. Vittese scored midway through the third quarter, and the United States took a 1-0 lead into the fourth period.Britain felt it was a matter of time before the dam burst. Briggs, who had been nearly impenetrable at the games, allowed two goals on two in the final period.We had a lot of possession, and just needed to turn it into a goal, Richardson-Walsh said. Its just believing, knowing that it would come.Two five-minute yellow cards hampered the United States in the second half. Julia Reinprecht got one late in the third period, and Vittese got one with 10 minutes remaining in the match.Britain scored its first goal with Vittese out.Our flow was interrupted a little bit by some of the cards, Parnham said. Playing with 10 is difficult, and we played a lot of that second half with 10. That makes a big difference.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter (at)CliffBruntAP Mets Jerseys 2020 . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Mets Jerseys 2019 .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. https://www.cheapmetsjerseys.us/ . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Custom New York Mets Jerseys . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Mets Jerseys China . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.Aberdeen full-back Graeme Shinnie has described his first Scotland call-up as a very proud moment. The 24-year-old was selected for the national side for the first time this week by Gordon Strachan for the final European Championship qualifiers against Poland and Gibraltar.Shinnie captained Inverness Caledonian Thistle to their first ever Scottish Cup triumph last season before a summer move to Pittodrie where he has played a key part in Aberdeens fine start to the season. Graeme Shinnie captained Inverness to Scottish Cup glory last season. Its a very proud moment in my career, Shinnie told Sky Sports News HQ.It is something that Ive been looking to work on and looking to get because there has been a lot of talk about it over the last year. It has been something for me to kind of push myself to try and get and now that Ive got it I need to go down there and try implement myself in the squad.Shinnie has also described the prospect of taking on players such as Polands Robert Lewandowski as a surreal experience. Graeme Shinnie has been in fine form for Aberdeen this season The Bayern Munich striker is in a rich vein of form having scored 10 goals in three games and will be the biggest threat to the Scots at Hampden on October 8.Gordon Strachans side then travel to face Gibraltar three days later. Scotland boss Gordon Strachan has named his squad to face Poland and Gibraltar.dddddddddddd. Somebody asked me this the other day actually and it is a bit surreal for me talking about a player of his calibre, potentially playing against him, Shinnie said.I guess in football that is what youve got to do. Youve got to get the head on to stop him from scoring his goals.Watch Scotlands European Qualifiers against Poland and Gibraltar live on Sky Sports on October 8 and 11. Also See: McCanns ones to watch Scots call Shinnie, McDonald Scotland latest Scotland fixtures Live on Sky Activate Sky Sports 5 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz