Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

31.10.2019 08:54
Wednesday as the last bids Antworten

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- After blowing a 16-point lead to its arch-rival last season, Florida State was determined not to let it happen again Thursday night.The seventh-ranked Seminoles were able to keep the pressure on the No. 23 Gators and steadily pulled away during the second half in an 83-58 victory.Since a two-point loss to top-ranked UConn on Nov. 14, Florida State (9-1) has won eight straight. None though might have meant more than beating its in-state rival for the fourth time in their last five meetings.I wish I could say I expected this, Florida State coach Sue Semrau said about the 25-point win, which is the fourth-largest margin it has defeated Florida. This is a big win. We want to be a great defensive team and we continue to get better.Ivey Slaughter got her 20th career double-double (13 points, 10 rebounds) as she was one of five FSU players to score in double figures. The Seminoles had 17 offensive rebounds, outrebounded the Gators by 10 overall and had a 19-2 advantage in second-chance points.Everyone on this team can guard which makes it easier to get stops. It just comes down to toughness, Slaughter said.Leticia Romero led Florida State with 21 points, Shakayla Thomas added 16, Brittany Brown 13 and Imani Wright 12.In all but one of the games during the winning streak, Florida State has held a lead of at least 21 points or more.Ronni Williams led the Gators (6-3) with 20 points. It was Floridas second loss to a ranked team in five days, with both coming on the road.I am very disappointed. It was a weak rebounding effort by us. We did a poor job, especially in the first half of boxing them out, Florida coach Amanda Butler said.BIG PICTUREFlorida: The Gators came into the game averaging 74.9 points but were held to a season low. They are 0-3 when scoring fewer than 70 points this season and 51-99 in Amanda Butlers 10 seasons at her alma mater.Florida State: The Seminoles were 2-6 against Top 25 teams during the regular season last year, which is a big reason why they didnt host the first two rounds of last seasons NCAA Tournament. FSU though is 2-1 this season with the lone loss being by two points to top-ranked UConn. The win should also help bolster their RPI rating as the season progresses.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida State could make a case for the top five after a decisive win over a ranked opponent while Florida is likely to drop out after another loss. This marked the first time in 73 meetings that both teams were ranked when facing each other.KEY SEQUENCEFlorida State held a 47-39 lead with 5:11 remaining in the third quarter when Imani Wright fouled Delicia Washington and was also called for a technical for a shove after the foul. Eleanna Christinaki originally went to the line and made two free throws but officials should have had Washington shoot first.After the officials realized their error and corrected it, they took Christinakis points off the board. Washington missed both of her shots and then Christinaki was 1 of 2 when she retook the technical shots. Florida got the ball off the inbound but Dyandria Washington missed a 3-pointer.That was a huge sequence. They tried to make a game of it but we were able to keep our poise, Semrau said.The Gators were able to get to 49-43 before FSU scored 12 straight points to put it out of reach.UP NEXTFlorida: The Gators will remain in Northwest Florida to face North Carolina A&T on Sunday in a neutral-site game at Gulf Coast State College in Panama City.Florida State: The Seminoles are at UAB on Saturday. The two teams met last year, which FSU won 84-44.---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Joe Reedy on Twitter at www.twitter.com/joereedy Rowan Wick Cubs Jersey . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Anthony Rizzo Jersey .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. https://www.cheapcubs.com/2780t-daniel-descalso-jersey-cubs.html . JOHNS, N. Cubs Jerseys 2020 . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Willson Contreras Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself.The Wayne Gretzky of Wayne Gretzky collectors has netted big bucks for old pucks after an auction of some of his choicest memorabilia closed Wednesday. Shawn Chaulk, a construction contractor from Fort McMurray, Alta., received more than $500,000 for a collection of jerseys, skates, helmets, gloves and pucks used in action by the Great One. About $350,000 came from one item alone -- the jersey Gretzky wore in the 1986-87 season when he scored his 500th NHL goal and won the Stanley Cup with the Edmonton Oilers. Chaulk said those deals may be dwarfed by those yet to come, as private buyers sniff around whats left of what was probably the greatest Gretzky collection ever assembled. "While we were busy auctioning this group of stuff out the front door, there was a lineup of people knocking on the back door looking for private deals," said Chaulk. "In one single transaction this week, I sold a group of five items for over $100,000." Chaulk, a 45-year-old quick-to-smile former Newfoundlander, had amassed a collection that made grown men weak in the knees -- memorabilia from the worlds best player from the sports last great dynasty. The items most recently on auction included pieces of hockey history including: -- The puck Gretzky shot to score his 500th goal ($22,400). -- The skates he wore for that milestone marker ($19,500). -- A Jofa helmet worn during Gretzkys last year in the Western Hockey League and first year as an Oiler ($13,000). -- A No. 99 practice bib and jersey ($14,000). -- A selection of sticks from all-star games as well as from Gretzkys time with the Los Angeles Kings and New York Rangers ($1,433 to $2,310). Bargain items? The socks he wore in the 1984 Campbell Conference all-star game could have been yours for a mere $875. Those prices dont include the 20 per cent buyers premium. Chaulk said hes generally pleased with the prices his artifacts fetched. "It was a lot of fun," he said. "I thought maybe the jersey might go higher, as did most people in the hobby. "But auctions are fickle. Youre lucky to have two people bid against each other at those levels." Still, the 500-goal jersey went bback and forth through 29 bids.dddddddddddd. It may be the second-most expensive hockey jersey ever purchased. The one worn by Paul Henderson during the 1972 series against the Russians last sold for $1.2 million. The online auction opened in mid-May and closed early Wednesday as the last bids trickled in. Chaulk wasnt glued to the bidding, but those who were kept him plugged in. "I sat in my office all last night and worked," he said. "And as I was working I was fielding emails and texts from people all around the globe." Although Chaulk has a pretty good idea of who some of the bidders were, the buyers are confidential. He is pleased to note that two of the pucks -- including the 500-goal biscuit -- will stay in Fort McMurray. Chaulk doesnt plan to sell his entire stash, but he has plenty more Gretzky memorabilia for sale. The players game-used sticks alone number over 100 and range from one used in the 1978 world junior tournament from one used in Gretzkys last game with the New York Rangers in 1999. Chaulk hints one buyer is talking about picking up pretty much all thats left for $1.7 million -- about the yearly price of a third-line NHLer. Chaulk said that lot could wind up in a combination restaurant, hotel and museum devoted to The Shawn Chaulk Collection. "That would be pretty cool." Whats next? Chaulk doesnt know. His collection has already brought him all sorts of new friends, unlikely contacts and precious memories, from hanging out at the Sundance Film Festival with Gretzky fan and filmmaker Kevin Smith to touring the collection with The Great One himself. Nor have those opportunities stopped. After it heard of Chaulks hoard, a production company contacted him about getting involved with a reality TV show. Its all mushroomed pretty big for someone who just started buying game-used gear because it made him feel close to the game he loves. But there are no regrets to bidding goodbye to whats been a big part of his life. "I hold firm to the fun Ive had with this -- the challenges, the chase, the experiences, the people. Its awesome. "I cant sell that. Thatll be with me for ever." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz