Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

14.11.2019 10:18
, the Nationals tried to trade Antworten

Defending light heavyweight titleholder Adonis Superman Stevenson and challenger Thomas Top Dog Williams Jr. staged a brief but scintillating slugfest from the opening round and didnt let up until the fourth, when Stevenson knocked out Williams to retain his title Friday night in the headliner of a Premier Boxing Champions card at the Videotron Centre in Quebec City, Canada.Stevensons (28-1, 23 KOs) knockout came at 2:54 of the fourth round, and he made his seventh successful title defense.He wanted to put on some pressure, so I put some on as well, said Stevenson, who fought for the first time since scoring a third-round knockout of club fighter Tommy Karpency in September in Toronto. Two men who know how to fight. We gave a good show, and thats what people want to see.The fight nearly ended in the first, when Stevenson connected with a hard left to the side of Williams head that floored him with approximately 30 seconds left in the round. Williams (20-2, 14 KOs) gamely beat referee Michael Griffins count and survived until the bell.Williams, from Fort Washington, Maryland, displayed courage by going toe-to-toe with one of boxings hardest punchers. He staged a spirited rally in the second round, working his way inside by ducking low and catching Stevenson with flush punches. The champion was rocked back on his heels several times, drawing gasps from the crowd.It still looked like anybodys fight in the third, when the two continued to trade vicious punches. Stevenson drilled Williams with a head-snapping uppercut, only to have Williams roar back with hard blows of his own.Stevenson, 10 years Williams senior at age 38, launched a concentrated body attack in the fourth, but one of his punches landed below the belt, forcing the referee to call a timeout while Williams recovered.Undaunted by a potential penalty if he hit low again, Stevenson continued to sink blows into Williams body. Then, with the weakened challenger almost doubled over, Stevenson landed a final crushing left to the head that put Williams on the canvas again and ended the fight.It was a firefight, Stevenson said. It was a fight with two guys who could punch and it was spectacular. It was my daughters birthday and I gave her a great gift.In the chief supporting bout, undefeated Eleider Alvarez won a unanimous 10-round decision over Robert Berridge in a humdrum cruiserweight bout.Alvarez (20-0, 10 KOs), a Colombian fighting out of Montreal, battered New Zealands Berridge (27-5-1, 21 KOs), who suffered a swollen right eye and bloody mouth, but stayed on his feet throughout the bout.I am happy with the win, but I would have liked a knockout, Alvarez said. He was tough, but he did not hurt me at all and I thought that I hurt him. I am ready for my next challenge, which will hopefully be a world title fight.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Wholesale Air Max 90 Mens .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Air Max 90 China Wholesale . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outlet-air-max-90-ultra-se-black-white-cheap.html . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Off White x Air Max 90 White . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Discount Air Max 90 .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. Struggling reliever Jonathan Papelbon has requested and received his release from the Washington Nationals, general manager Mike Rizzo announced Saturday.The Nationals made a corresponding roster move by recalling Reynaldo Lopez, who is scheduled to start Saturday nights game against the Atlanta Braves.There wasnt a real fit anymore, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said. Didnt know where to use him.Papelbon is a free agent and can sign with any team. The Nationals are responsible for the remainder of his $11 million salary this year.In 37 appearances this season, Papelbon is 2-4 with a 4.37 ERA and 19 saves in 22 opportunities. His most recent blown save came on July 26, when he entered the game with a 6-4 ninth-inning lead but failed to retire any of the five batters he faced, and Washington lost 7-6 to the Cleveland Indians.Four days later, on July 30, the Nationals acquired All-Star Mark Melancon from the Pittsburgh Pirates. In the two weeks since the trade, Papelbon has made just two appearances, both in low-leverage situations. Meanwhile, Melancon has pitched in five games and allowed one hit over five scoreless innings while converting both of his save chances.The release ends Papelbons tumultuous tenure in D.C. A six-time All-Star closer, the right-hander was acquired July 28, 2015, in a controversial trade with the Philadelphia Phillies. Before the deal, Washington reliever Drew Storen had been one of the best closers in baseball, and the Nationals were in first place. After the trade, Storen and the entire Washington bullpen struggled, and the team finished seven games behind the Mets in the National League East.One week before the end of the 2015 season, Papelbon attempted to choke teammate and eventual NL MVP Bryce Harper?during an altercation in the dugout, when the two players got into an argument after Harper didnt run out a pop fly. For his actions, Papelbon was suspended seven games -- three by the league aand four by the Nationals -- which effectively ended his season.ddddddddddddDuring the offseason, the Nationals tried to trade Papelbon but had trouble finding takers for the veteran hurler.Baker called Papelbon a professional in response to the demotion. Teammates pushed back against any notion of the recent situation or last seasons incident with Harper causing locker room issues.Hes not a distraction whatsoever, ace Max Scherzer said. He comes in to play every single day, he works his absolute tail off, and he competes on the mound for us.All that stuff, last year ... just a media circus. We were 100 percent behind him. We understood all his intentions. He was great for our team. He was great for everybody in this clubhouse. To sit here and say hes a bad teammate or anything like that, its garbage to me.Papelbon has posted career worsts in ERA, WHIP (1.46) and strikeout-to-walk ratio (2.21) this season.He was a great teammate. He was popular with his teammates, Baker said. We wish Pap the best, and he wished us the best. He wanted us to win [the World Series]. Those were his parting words.A 12-year veteran, Papelbon has a career record of 41-36 with a 2.44 ERA. His 368 career saves are the ninth most all-time and third among active hurlers. A former fourth-round pick of the Red Sox in 2003, he spent the first seven years of his big league career in Boston and helped the Red Sox win the 2007 World Series.Asked if the Red Sox were interested in bringing Papelbon back, manager John Farrell said Saturday: We havent had any discussions on Jonathan.But?Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said the team would be interested: It just happened, but I would say its worth looking into.ESPNs Scott Lauber, ESPN Stats & Information and The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz