Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

19.11.2019 10:05
though the staff hadnt informed them o Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO -- The only thing that stopped Tim Lincecum from throwing his second complete game this season was a tiny blister forming on his middle finger. Nearly a month after his first career no-hitter, Lincecum pitched another gem. The right-hander allowed only one hit over eight scoreless innings to lead the San Francisco Giants past the Milwaukee Brewers 4-1 Thursday. "I think Im just trying to stay within myself," Lincecum said, adding that he relied on his overhand curve more than he had in any start this year. "I know Im not going to throw a 95 mph fastball anymore, so why try to throw it? I guess I got to use what I got and get outs." Brandon Belt hit a three-run homer in the first inning off Donovan Hand (0-4). And Marco Scutaro and Brandon Crawford added three hits apiece to give Lincecum more than enough support. The two-time NL Cy Young Award winner had been 0-2 in three starts since throwing 148 pitches in his no-hitter at San Diego on July 13. Lincecum (6-11) permitted just a double to Juan Francisco leading off the third inning. He struck out eight and walked one before getting pulled for a pinch-hitter. The former ace gave the defending World Series champions another rare reprieve from a frustrating season for the second time in a month by following up a pregame meeting called by manager Bruce Bochy with a vintage performance. "I think we just kind of knew whats needed to happen," Lincecum said. "I think we just kind of need to wake up every day and come to the field knowing theres a purpose. Even if where were sitting in the standings might affect our mentality, we cant show that on the field. Weve got to go out there and play every game with passion." Khris Davis doubled off reliever Sandy Rosario in the ninth and scored on Jean Seguras single against Sergio Romo, who recorded the final two outs. San Francisco had lost four of its previous five games in the latest skid during a summer-long slide from champions to cellar-dwellers in the NL West. With a postcard-like day along the bay, the Giants showed some heart and hustle from the start. And Lincecum provided the rest to give the club a brief break from a frustration season. "It kind of reminded us what were capable of," Belt said. Scutaro singled on the 11th pitch leading off the first and Crawford followed by diving head-first into second for a double. After Pablo Sandoval flied out, Belt hit his 12th home run of the season. The Giants hadnt hit a home run at AT&T Park since Buster Poseys long ball on July 20. And in the second, Scutaro scored on Crawfords two-out single. "Overall, well-played game. Just crisp," Bochy said. "I thought they just had a different look today." Hand, who allowed seven hits and four walks in five innings, had not given up more than three runs in any of his previous six starts this season. With Lincecum in complete command, Brewers batters kept him winless. "Hes a two-time Cy Young Award winner. Hes got it in him and he showed that today," Hand said. "It stinks it had to be against me." About the only highlights from the Brewers came from a pair of sensational catches by Carlos Gomez in centre field. He ran to his right, made a dive and tumbled twice on the ground afterward on Belts looping liner in the fourth. Gomez also ran down Sandovals fly near the 421-foot marker in right-centre to end the second. But one big swing from Belt was all Lincecum needed. The lanky right-hander, who walked four in his no-hitter against the Padres, only walked one and tossed 108 pitches before getting lifted for pinch-hitter Andres Torres -- who popped out -- in the bottom of the eighth. Lincecum said all the breaking balls helped the blister form, and Bochy didnt want to risk it getting worse. Lincecum said the blister is not an issue moving forward, and it certainly didnt seem to effect his stuff. He faced just three hitters in six of his eight innings. Franciscos liner skipped to the wall in right for a double in the third. Lincecum later got Gomez to lose his helmet striking out on a breaking ball in the seventh, and he received a standing ovation from the announced sellout crowd of 41,219 when he walked off the mound in the eighth. "You could see it from the first pitch," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "He was free with his delivery. We hit one ball hard against him." NOTES: Hector Sanchez, who hadnt played for the Giants since injuring his right shoulder July 8, started behind the plate. He was 0 for 4. ... Giants RF Hunter Pence was caught stealing in the first inning. He had been 17 for 17 this season. ... Brewers LHP Tom Gorzelanny, who missed his turn in the rotation Wednesday because of a sore elbow, will make his next start Saturday at Seattle. ... The Giants open a three-game series against Baltimore on Friday, while the Brewers begin a three-game set at Seattle. Air Max 720 Femme Soldes . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Air Max 270 Homme Soldes . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. http://www.maxnikepascher.fr/grossiste-air-max-90-chine/max-90-2019.html . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Air Max 720 Obj Pas Cher . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Air Max Plus Homme Pas Cher . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee believes it has plenty of incentive for the rest of the season even though a spot in the Southeastern Conference championship game has slipped from its grasp.The 24th-ranked Volunteers were picked before the season to capture their first SEC Eastern Division title since 2007, but their hopes of making it to Atlanta vanished Saturday when Florida beat LSU 16-10 with a last-second goal-line stand. That victory allowed the 13th-ranked Gators to clinch the East and earn a spot in the Dec. 8 SEC championship game against No. 1 Alabama.The Vols (8-3, 4-3 SEC) say they still have more at stake than mere state bragging rights Saturday when they visit Vanderbilt (5-6, 2-5) in their regular-season finale.This football team has a lot to play for -- a lot, Tennessee coach Butch Jones said.That includes the chase for a 10-win season, a goal that multiple players mentioned Saturday after the Vols 63-37 victory over Missouri. Tennessee hasnt earned double-digit wins in a season since the 2007 team finished 10-4.Tennessee also still has at least a possibility of making its first Sugar Bowl appearance since beating Virginia 23-22 on Jan. 1, 1991.A Sugar Bowl bid goes to the highest-ranked SEC team in the final College Football Playoff rankings that isnt in the playoff. SEC teams in last weeks CFP rankings included No. 1 Alabama, No. 15 Auburn, No. 16 LSU, No. 19 Tennessee, No. 23 Florida and No. 25 Texas A&M.Tennessee has the most favorable remaining schedule of all those teams.LSU probably will fall behind Tennessee this week after its loss to Florida. Auburn is a 17 +-point underdog Saturday at Alabama. Florida must visit Florida State this week before facing Alabama in the SEC championship game. Texas A&M is a 5 +-point underdog Thursday at LSU.Were playing for a good bowl game right now and a 10-win season, offensive tackle Brett Kendrick said after the Missouri game. So, theres still a lot left out there for us.Jones said hes convinced his players will remain motivated the rest of the way because he liked how they performed in thee second half of the Missouri game.dddddddddddd Jones assumed most players knew they were knocked out of the SEC East race by then, even though the staff hadnt informed them of the Florida-LSU result.I knew on the sideline that when they stopped showing the score up there (ono the scoreboard), something had gone wrong, Kendrick said. Were not going to hang our heads about it.Jones emphasized Monday that I want to make it clear that winning a championship is our No. 1 goal in our program year in and year out, but later in his press conference he referred to championships that didnt necessarily involve the division title.First he mentioned that the Vols still could win a bowl championship this season. Later he praised his seniors by saying that theyve won the biggest championship -- and thats the championship of life.Jones noted the way Tennessee has withstood adversity all season. Injuries have forced Tennessee to use seven different starting combinations on the offensive line and nine different combinations in the starting secondary this season. The Vols lost their leading rusher nine games into the season when Jalen Hurd left the team . Linebackers Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Quarte Sapp and defensive tackles Shy Tuttle and Kahlil McKenzie suffered season-ending injuries.The injuries have extended to the coach himself. Jones told the Knoxville Quarterback Club on Monday afternoon that I blew out my knee before a Nov. 12 victory over Kentucky , though the injury hasnt necessitated that he wear a brace or crutches.I have never been through a season like this in 30-plus years of coaching in terms of the adversities, the injuries, the setbacks, the big wins. .... Our players have done a great job, Jones said. They have handled it exceptionally well. They have been individual champions.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Steve Megargee at www.twitter.com/stevemegargee ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz