Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 135 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

20.11.2019 12:11
their high-powered offense, th Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Michael Phelps wasnt about to be stopped. Not even by his biggest rival.Phelps blew away Ryan Lochte -- and everyone else, for that matter -- to win his fourth gold medal of the Rio Olympics and 22nd career Olympic gold medal with a victory in the 200-meter individual medley Thursday night.Phelps also set an Olympic record with his 15th individual medal, passing Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina, and became the first swimmer ever to win the same event at four straight Olympics.Winning four in a row, when the announcer said that, I had a really hard time holding it together, Phelps told NBC.?Im just living a dream come true.Phelps was back in the water 38 minutes later to swim in the 100-meter butterfly semifinals. He finished second in the first semifinal and fifth overall to advance to the final, which will be his last individual event.He said he knew the quick turnaround was going to be painful, but added that hes gotta step on the gas.If Phelps wins gold in the 100 fly, it will be his fourth straight win in the event. Then, hell close out these Olympics in the 4x100 medley relay.Things started to hit me this morning, Phelps said. I only get to put a racing suit on two more times after tonight.The 200 IM was touted as the last showdown between two of Americas greatest swimmers, although there has never been any question about which one has the upper hand.Phelps left Lochte trailing in his wake. He finished a full body length ahead of the field with total dominance on the breaststroke and freestyle legs, touching in 1 minute, 54.66 seconds.Ive been able to kind of finish how I wanted to, Phelps said. This is exactly how I want to exit the sport.Lochte, a 12-time Olympic medalist, didnt even make it to the podium this time after taking two silvers and a bronze behind Phelps at the previous three Olympics. Lochte led at the midway point but faded to fifth with a time of 1:57.47.We bring out the best in each other, Lochte said. I was a little bummed about my performance, but I was happy for him to get a gold and get one for Team USA.Japans Kosuke Hagino took the silver in 1:56.61, while Chinas Wang Shun claimed the bronze in 1:57.05.While Phelps raced to roars in Rio, in his hometown of Baltimore, his showdown with Lochte was shown on the giant video board during a break in the fourth quarter of the Ravens preseason game against the Carolina Panthers. The crowd cheered as Phelps reached the finish line.Its not too many athletes who are going to have the world stop just to watch him, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said. We had a real-life football game going on, and everybody just stopped to look at him. My hat goes off to Michael Phelps. Hes just an amazing athlete, an amazing citizen, who has set the bar for athletes all around.Phelps said he was texting with a friend who updated him on the Baltimore score before he went out for his race. The Ravens went on to win 22-19.I look forward to getting home to a Ravens game really soon, Phelps said.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Koda Glover Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. Erick Fedde Jersey . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break. https://www.cheapnationals.com/1787r-brian-dozier-jersey-nationals.html . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Aaron Barrett Nationals Jersey . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Jeremy Hellickson Nationals Jersey . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. HOUSTON -- The Rockets delivered the type of defensive performance on Monday night against the Nets that left them scoffing for only so long, one chalked up to a lack of focus that sometimes accompanies the rigors of a grueling 82-game schedule.Even after the Nets torched the Rockets for 75 second-half points on 65.9 percent shooting and 68 points in the paint, Houston entered Tuesday ranked fifth in the NBA in the month of December with a 99.4 defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions).The Rockets defense had been exceptional for the most part as they won their first six games this month, so after they improved to 7-0 in December with their 122-118 victory, the Rockets didnt spend too much time lamenting the defense.It was one of those games, but once again we will count it, Rockets guard James Harden said. We will use it and just watch film and try to get better.There are 82 games and every game isnt going to be perfect. Youve got to figure out ways to win and thats what we did.That the Rockets (18-7), who will host the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night at Toyota Center, can sidestep one hiccup and point to their defensive improvement represents a significant positive. Houston ranks fifth in the NBA this month in offensive rating (112.9) and second to the Toronto Raptors in net rating (13.4).And, after spending most of the first month attempting to play at a faster pace to better augment their high-powered offense, the Rockets have done exactly that thus far in December. The Nets entered Tuesday leading the league in pace for December at 104.7 possessions per 48 minutes. The Rockets were second at 103.0.TThat macro view allows the Rockets room to disregard a bad night at the office defensively.dddddddddddd Lessons were learned, but Houston didnt marinate too long on the bad stuff.Every night is not going to be pretty. Every night is not going to be easy, said Rockets guard Patrick Beverley. We enjoy games like this because we can learn from it.The Kings (9-15) won for just the second time in seven games on Monday night, blasting the visiting Los Angeles Lakers 116-92.The victory came at a cost, however, with guard Ben McLemore (left quad) and forward Rudy Gay (right hip flexor) landing on the injured list. Both were listed as day-to-day on Tuesday. The Kings recalled rookies Skal Labissiere and Malachi Richardson from D-league affiliate Reno to add bodies to their roster in advance of their second meeting with Houston.The Kings allowed an NBA-record 50 3-point attempts in their 117-104 home loss to Houston on Nov. 25. While the Rockets lead the league in 3-pointers per game (14.2) and 3-point attempts (37.4), the Kings are allowing 10.5 3-pointers per game.Those numbers alone are foreboding for the Kings. That Houston has made at least 10 3-pointers in an NBA-record 24 consecutive games represents a greater concern.Were not defending the basketball very well, Kings coach Dave Joerger said to the Sacramento Bee. So when we reach or we gamble ... it always seems like somebodys open. Those are the shots you practice. You get open 3s, youve got to knock them down, and thats what teams have done. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz