Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

25.02.2019 03:10
Colorado has won seven of eight over the Padres th Antworten

DENVER -- Nolan Arenado won the game with his walk-off homer and saved it time after time with his work at the hot corner. So, as Joe Thatcher, the reliever who gave up the game-winning homer, succinctly surmised, "Tonight was his night." Indeed, it was. Arenado hit the winning homer to begin the ninth inning and the Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 10-9 on Friday night after squandering a six-run lead. The 22-year-old rookie sent a 1-1 fastball from Thatcher (2-1) over the wall in left field. Arenado sauntered around the bases and then tossed his batting helmet as he rounded third base. He was mobbed by teammates once he stomped on home plate. "It was cool," Arenado said. "Hit a couple in the minor leagues. Hitting one up here is special." But his homer was only part of the story. He made one diving snare after another, including one that ended a bases-loaded threat in the seventh to keep the game tied. That play was what had everyone talking. "The home run is going to be the one on the highlights," said Matt Belisle (4-2), who pitched two scoreless innings to earn the win. "To see him get a big hit like that, youre just so happy for the kid. "Defensively, he was stellar. Hopefully, hes going to feel real good tomorrow and keep it rolling." Carlos Gonzalez had two triples and drove in three runs before leaving with a left knee injury in the seventh. Dexter Fowler returned to the lineup after sitting out with a migraine and finished with three hits, while Todd Helton drove in three runs. The Padres trailed by six runs early in the game and 9-4 heading into the seventh, before rallying for five runs. Chase Headley began the inning when he was hit by Rob Scahill, possibly as retaliation for when starter Edinson Volquez plunked Troy Tulowitzki in the second. "Just got away from me," Scahill said after the game. Carlos Quentin then hit a two-run homer and Jedd Gyorko followed with a solo shot. After a double by Kyle Blanks, Cameron Maybin made it a one-run game with an RBI single. That was all for Scahill, who faced five batters and gave up five runs without getting an out. Everth Cabrera tied it when he beat out an infield single. After Headley -- batting for a second time in the inning -- struck out with the bases loaded, Quentin laced a liner to third. Arenado snared it and threw a strike to first to end the inning. "Defence is a big part of my game," Arenado said. "A lot of people didnt think I could play defence. Its funny, Ive been showing more of my defence than my bat lately." Gonzalez wasnt around for the finish after slipping in the sixth when he was trying to scramble out of the batters box. He gingerly ran down the line before limping into the dugout. He trotted out to left to start the seventh, only to be replaced by Jonathan Herrera on a double-switch. Michael Cuddyer usually wouldve gone in, but hes sidelined with a rib strain. Gonzalez downplayed his injury, saying the knee has been bothering him since spring training. "Its all right. Just sore," he said. "Right now, I feel good." After scoring three times off Volquez in the first, Colorado broke open the game with a five-run second -- a big inning set up by another debatable call at first base. Fowler put down a one-out bunt and appeared to be out by a step, only to have first-base umpire Jim Joyce rule him safe. Gonzalez followed with a two-run triple. Soon after, Helton, Arenado and Yorvit Torrealba added RBI singles. The night before, the Padres scored the go-ahead run in the 12th when pinch hitter Yasmani Grandal was called safe at first on his bases-loaded fielders choice grounder. Replays seemed to indicate he was out by a step. Blanks, who nearly didnt join the Padres in Denver for this series, had a big game for San Diego, hitting a two-run homer in the second and adding a run-scoring single in the fifth. With Maybin set to come off the disabled list, the Padres were planning to send Blanks to the minors. Instead, Yonder Alonso went on the DL with a bruised right hand and Blanks had to catch a plane to the Mile High City. Jorge De La Rosa didnt have his best stuff and he surrendered four runs and 11 hits in five shaky innings. Volquez never got on track, giving up career highs in runs (9) and hits (11) while lasting just 2 1-3 innings. He was let off the hook for the loss with the Padres late surge. "It was tough. Thats the first time thats happened to me in my whole career," Volquez said. "Ive got to be able to make adjustments, throw quality pitches." Fowler returned to the field after dealing with horrible headaches that had him pulling the shades down inside his house. He even had a CAT scan just to be safe and said everything checked out fine. "Every time I put my head down, I thought I was going to pass out," Fowler said. NOTES: Headley left late in the game with tightness in his right calf. ... The Padres will send LHP Eric Stults (4-5) to the mound on Saturday. The Rockies havent announced a replacement for RHP Tyler Chatwood, who has a triceps injury. The top candidate to fill in appears to be LHP Jeff Francis, whos eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list. Francis said his groin injury is 100 per cent. ... It was the Rockies fifth walk-off win of the season. ... The Padres outhit the Rockies, 17-16. ... Colorado has won seven of eight over the Padres this season. Cheap NFL Jerseys . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. Stitched Jerseys . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. New Geelong defender Zach Tuohy has no intention of trying to fill the huge void left by the retirement of club legend Corey Enright.The Cats quickly targeted the dashing mid-sized defender in a trade with Carlton after Enright retired to take up a role on Chris Scotts coaching panel.But Tuohy says it would be folly to suggest he is a ready-made replacement for Enright, who retired as the clubs all-time games record holder with 332.I dont think too many people could replace Corey Enright ... Im not going to try and fill his boots, Ill just try to do my job, Tuohy said on Monday.Obviously hes a legend of the club and of the game.Its great that hes still around and Ill latch onto him at training and learn as much as I possibly can.Tuohy, 26, signed a four-year deal with the Cats, who sent utility Billie Smedts to the Blues with an exchange of draft picks at tthe recent AFL trade period.ddddddddddddThe Irishman is philosophical about his surprise departure from the Blues after 120 games in six seasons.Once it became apparent that I probably wasnt going to be at Carlton I had to see where my future was going to lie, he said.As soon as Geelong came along, theyre a club Ive respected hugely for a long time, I couldnt turn it down - it was too good an opportunity.I had a great time at Carlton and I love the club still ... but its a cut-throat industry - thats the way things are.Once the decision was made I was happy to move on and start my new career at Geelong.Tuohy wore the No.42 guernsey in his time with the Blues, but is keen for a new number as he starts a new chapter in his career. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz