Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

25.02.2019 03:10
two weeks.But Tennessee is the only 2-0 team at Antworten

WIMBLEDON -- Perhaps the biggest beneficiary of Sam Querreys stunning upset of No. 1 Novak Djokovic was one Andy Murray.After beating Djokovic to win the Wimbledon title three years ago, the No. 2 seed has lost to him in five straight Grand Slam meetings, including the finals of this years first two majors.Theres still some work to do, of course, but after Murrays buttoned-down 7-5, 6-1, 6-4 victory over the sometimes-volatile Nick Kyrgios, the Scot seems to have a favorable wind at his back into the final.The odds-makers, who do this sort of thing for a living, have installed Murray as a rather prohibitive favorite.Every year I play here, its not any different, Murray said of the pressure to win this tournament as a Scot playing in London. I try my best to play my best and win my matches.Nick lost his focus in the middle part of the second set, and in the third, he was serving at a high percentage. But when I was able to get the ball back in play, I was able to dictate the rallies.News flash: There was no drama in this Monday evening match, not a stitch. It was merely well-played dinner theater with Kyrgios on his best behavior, even laughing and chatting during the changeover after a blazing Murray forehand hit him in the heart.Kyrgios has been a busy fellow this fortnight, keeping himself in the headlines of the grateful British tabloids. Hes been fined for an obscenity, directed the R-word toward his box for a perceived lack of support and got into a spirited semantics argument with a reporter. That was just over the first three rounds.In the fourth, Kyrgios ran into Murray, a player he considers a good friend. The explosive matchup was good fodder for the newspapers, but the match itself was something less than compelling.Kyrgios has now lost all five of his matches against Murray and dropped 16 of 17 sets. For Murray, he improved to 19-0 against Australians in his career.As soon as I lost the first set, I just lost the belief, said Kyrgios, who prepared for the match by watching Australian Davis Cup captain Lleyton Hewitt play doubles. Obviously, it felt like a mountain to climb. Just a little soft still when things get tough. Ultimately, it comes down to just laying it all out there and competing for a long time. I didnt do that today at all.After the last ball, Murray spent a moment with Kyrgios at the net, saying he was sorry.Just win the tournament, Kyrgios told him. Please.Kyrgios is only 21 years old, but hes already been to two major quarterfinals, including the 2014 edition of Wimbledon.Murray simply wrecked him.With Kyrgios serving at 4-5 in the first set, Murray swiftly earned three set points at love-40. After Kyrgios summoned two unreturnable serves, Murrays running forehand handcuffed him at net, and he couldnt land the volley that would have brought the game to deuce. It was a signature Murray shot, not only reaching a ball that some players wouldnt, but turning defense into offense with a flick of the wrist.The second and third sets didnt go any better. In fact, they were worse.Murray did not face a break point and hit 36 winners. His unforced errors were recorded as six -- giving him an astonishing plus-30 differential.It was the ninth consecutive quarterfinal here for Murray, equaling the best efforts of Pete Sampras and John McEnroe. How consistent has Murray been at the Slams in general? This was the 21st quarter appearance in the past 22 hes played.It was also the 50th match-win at the All England Club, two better than his coach, Ivan Lendl, and one ahead of Stefan Edberg and Goran Ivanisevic.Murray is comforted by the familiar site of Lendl in his box. His two Grand Slams came with Lendl providing coaching support, and with Djokovic out of the picture, Murray has to be keen on his chances here.He meets No. 12 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who benefited from a Richard Gasquet retirement six games into the match Wednesday. Murray has beaten Tsonga 10 of the 12 times theyve played, twice here at Wimbledon.Every match is different in individual sport, Murray said, downplaying as usual. A bad performance and you can easily lose. If [I] play as focused and solid as today, I have a chance.Fat chance. He wont say it, but we will: Whoever Murray sees in the final -- Roger Federer, Marin Cilic, Sam Querrey or Milos Raonic -- in his own mind, hell be the overwhelming favorite. Austin Romine Jersey . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Mariano Rivera Jersey . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yankees-Dellin-Betances-Kids-Jersey/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. Aroldis Chapman Jersey . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee has shown a knack for delivering comebacks, but thats a trait the 15th-ranked Volunteers would rather not have to utilize every week.After erasing double-digit deficits in each of its first two games, Tennessee (2-0) wants to avoid stumbling out of the gates again Saturday when it hosts Ohio (1-1).We have to start faster, Tennessee coach Butch Jones said.Tennessee opened the season by beating Appalachian State 20-13 in overtime after trailing 13-3 at halftime. The Vols didnt take their first lead in that game until the overtime session.One week later, Tennessee was outscored 14-0 and outgained 204-28 by Virginia Tech in the first quarter before the Vols turned things around and rolled to a 45-24 victory .I dont like the slow starts, but I like what happens after the slow starts, Jones said. What you see is a football team that doesnt blink, a football team that keeps playing. But as we grow further and further into the season, we have to start much faster. Its that intensity, starting off with that mentality.Ohio (1-1) doesnt have this problem.The Bobcats have outscored teams 21-0 in the first quarter and scored the games first 25 points last week in a 37-21 victory at Kansas . They must avoid falling behind early Saturday to stay competitive against Tennessee, a 27-point favorite.You look at Tennessee, and theyre athletic all the way across the board, and that includes special teams, Ohio coach Frank Solich said. Youve got to have to really work at getting points on the board. If we can find a way to do that early, it certainly would give us encouragement.Tennessee isnt the only Southeastern Conference program dealing with this issue. No. 16 Georgia and No. 24 Arkansas are among several undefeated teams that came from behind to win each of the last two weeks.But Tennessee is the only 2-0 team at the Football Bowl Suubdivision level that has trailed by at least 10 points in both its games.ddddddddddddThe trend is surprising for a team that faced only one double-digit deficit last season. The Vols also won that game, as they rallied to beat Georgia 38-31 after trailing 24-3.Tennessee knows all too well that no lead is insurmountable, no matter whos in front. Tennessee led in all four of its losses last season and was up by at least 13 points in three of them.The games never over till the end, quarterback Joshua Dobbs said. We were on the other side of it many times last year when the other team came back and beat us when we were up two scores. College footballs a crazy game.Even so, the Vols realize they can make things much easier on themselves if they play better early on.Jones has wondered whether his players are trying to be too perfect at the start of games and noted that sometimes the mind can tie the feet up.Im not really sure whats caused the slow start, but I think weve just got to keep on working each week and getting better, defensive end Derek Barnett said. Its early in the season. Its a long season. ... Weve got a lot of work to do.Jones is concerned that the noon kickoff Saturday could make Tennessee particularly vulnerable to a slow start. He has discussed having more morning meetings this week to make sure his players are ready for the early start time.He also has considered altering the way he structures his practices, perhaps having more team periods earlier in each session to see if it helps his players perform better early in Saturdays game.We know Ohio is a great starting-fast football team, Jones said. They start fast, so well have to start fast.---Online: AP College Football website www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz