Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

26.02.2019 06:46
a regular in Nathan Buckleys back six.B Antworten

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The change in position for Oregon State quarterback Seth Collins seemed inevitable at the end of last season, when he was used in several roles in the finale against Oregon.The writing was on the wall: Utah State transfer Darell Garretson would be eligible to play this season, and it looked like that was where the Beavers were leaning at quarterback. Collins decided to leave Oregon State and go somewhere where he could play at quarterback -- but he never actually left school.Instead, he became a receiver.Collins has embraced his new role, joining a handful of prospective QBs across the Pac-12 who have traded positions. These shifts are usually out of necessity if they want playing time because another quarterback in the so-called Conference of Quarterbacks is established as the starter.In Collins case, he was named Oregon States starter at the beginning of last season, coach Gary Andersens first with the Beavers. Fast and athletic, Collins turned heads when he actually hurdled a defender in a game against Weber State.Collins would go on to start seven total games. He threw for 936 yards and six touchdowns, while also rushing for 580 yards and eight scores. Sidelined by injury for four games, he returned in the Civil War, lining up at running back, receiver and quarterback.In adjusting to his new multidimensional role this season, Collins has caught 24 passes for 268 yards, averaging 11.2 yards a reception.Last week Andersen said that senior team captain Sean Harlow had pointed to Collins passion during a team address.In life, I love the word `edgy, Andersen said about Collins. I want to be around people that they might make you a little bit nervous. Thats good. I love it. Thats where you want to live, and theres nothing wrong with that, because you know that theyre going to compete at whatever theyre doing.Oregon State, coming off its first conference win under Andersen last weekend against Cal, hosts Utah on Saturday. Collins will see another former QB, Utes safety Chase Hansen, across the sidelines.A look at some of those former Pac-12 QBs -- who actually played in a college game at the position -- with new jobs.CHASE HANSEN, Utah: Now a sophomore, Hansen was officially third on the Utes depth chart last season behind Travis Wilson and Kendal Thompson. A 6-foot-3 dual threat, he saw a handful of opportunities at QB. Part way through the season he was moved to safety by coach Kyle Whittingham, who said it was just temporary.But Hansen did well in the new role. He started against Washington, where he had a career-high 11 tackles, a forced fumble and a pass breakup. A lower leg injury cut his season short.This season, hes all-in at safety.Hes playing as good as any safety in the conference, Whittingham said. Hes all over the place. Hes a big-play guy. Hes stripping the ball, hes recovering fumbles. Hes doing a great job in coverage. Hes physical. Hes a great tackler. Hes exceeding my expectations. I believed he was going to be very good. But I didnt know hed be this good this quickly.LUKE RUBENZER, California: Rubenzer competed with Jared Goff his freshman year and the latter obviously won that battle, although Rubenzer threw for a pair of touchdowns and also saw some time at running back.Injuries to the defense prompted a move to safety when he was a sophomore and he recorded 43 tackles and two interceptions. This season, Rubenzer became a starter following the loss of sophomore safety Evan Rambo, who is out for the season with a torn ACL.He has 34 tackles, including 26 solo, an interception and two fumble recoveries.DALLAS LLOYD, Stanford: Like many of the other converted quarterbacks, Lloyd saw his chances at playing time diminish with the rise of another QB, in this case, Kevin Hogan. After spot duty at quarterback in 2013 (he never threw a pass), Lloyd began his transition to the secondary his junior year. Now, as a fifth-year senior, hes one of the teams leaders on defense. Hes had two interceptions this season to go with 23 tackles.JEFF LOCKE and TAYLOR ALIE, Oregon: Lockie was the backup to quarterback Marcus Mariota and many figured hed become the starter when the Heisman Trophy winner went to the NFL. But Oregon brought in graduate transfer Vernon Adams from Eastern Washington last season.Adams finger injury prompted Oregon to look at both Lockie and Alie, but both struggled with consistency. All three QBs played in a loss at home to Washington State last season.The Ducks brought in another graduate transfer in advance of this season, Dakota Prukop, and Lockie and Allie were moved to receiver in the spring.Interestingly, freshman quarterback Justin Herbert, who started last weekend in Oregons 70-21 loss to Washington, credited Lockie and Alie for their guidance in the days leading up to his debut.---AP Sports Writer Kareem Copeland in Utah contributed to this report. Air Force 1 Clearance Sale . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Wholesale Air Force Ones . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. http://www.discountairforce1.com/ . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Air Force 1 Clearance . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. Discount Air Force 1 . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. North Melbourne are counting on recruits Marley Williams and Nathan Hrovat to make the most of their AFL lifelines as the club embarks on a new era.The Kangaroos will go into the unknown in 2017 following the departures of popular veterans Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Nick Dal Santo and Michael Firrito.Coach Brad Scott cited the need to give opportunities to younger players when he defended the shock cull, and thats precisely why Williams and Hrovat moved to Arden Street during the trade period.Williams move, for pick 105, was a surprise given the former rookie played 68 games in five seasons for Collingwood, including an outstanding 2015 campaign in which he was a regular in Nathan Buckleys back six.But the 23-year-old said he knew it was time for a fresh start after a foot injury affected his fitness and form in 2016.We had a pretty open conversation by the end of the year about me being in and out of the team and not being able to hold my spot, Williams said referring to his former coach.(Me) not being able to cement a spot in the team and a few of the younger boys were pushing me out, so I thought maybe a move would do me good and improve my football.I think in 2015 I held my own playiing down in that back line but I was unlucky to be pushed out.dddddddddddd Injury didnt help, but it was a little bit disappointing.Williams said he didnt find out North were interested until the night before the final day of the trade period and admitted to nervous moments before the deal was done just 30 minutes before the deadline.Hrovat was the 21st player selected at the 2012 draft but while he was a prolific ball winner at VFL level, he managed just 30 senior appearances for the Western Bulldogs in four seasons.The 22-year-old played the last four AFL games of the season but didnt feature in the finals and didnt come into calculations for the Dogs grand final team.Despite the frustration of missing out on their drought-breaking premiership, he says he left the club on good terms.Ive made some really good relationships at the Bulldogs, and for them to win a flag after the period theyve gone through is really exciting for them, Hrovat said.Theres no bad blood between me or any of the guys, or the Bulldogs, so to play against them would be really exciting. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz