Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
jokergreen0220 Offline

04.03.2019 07:38
TORONTO -- Former Ottawa Senators all-star defenceman and World Cup of Hockey gold medallist Wade Redden retired Thursday after Antworten

TORONTO -- Former Ottawa Senators all-star defenceman and World Cup of Hockey gold medallist Wade Redden retired Thursday after a 14-year NHL career. Wholesale NBA Jerseys Free Shipping . Redden played a total of 1,023 regular-season games with Ottawa, the New York Rangers, St. Louis and Boston. He finished with 457 points (109 goals, 348 assists) and a plus-160 rating over his career. "I would first and foremost like to thank my family and friends for their unconditional love and support," Redden said in a statement released by the NHL Players Association. "I would also like to thank my teammates, coaches and staff for all the great memories created throughout the years. To the fans, I appreciate all your support throughout my career. "Playing in the National Hockey League has been a dream come true and I feel very proud and privileged to have played more than 1,000 games in 14 NHL seasons." Redden also had 49 points (13-36) in 106 career playoff games. The native of Lloydminster, Sask., was drafted second overall by the New York Islanders in the 1995 draft but never played for the team. He was dealt to the Senators along with goaltender Damian Rhodes for goalie Don Beaupre, forward Martin Straka and the rights to defenceman Bryan Berard on Jan, 23, 1996. Redden played in all 82 games as a rookie with Ottawa in the 1996-97 season, scoring six goals and adding 24 assists. In 2001-02, he had 34 points, a plus-22 rating and played in the all-star game. The following season, Redden had 45 points and averaged a career-high in ice-time at 25:24. In 2003-04, he set a career-high in goals with 17 and was selected to his second career all-star game but did not play due to an illness. He was a key part of Ottawas run to the Stanley Cup final in 2007. After playing the first 11 seasons of his NHL career in the nations capital, the New York Rangers signed Redden to a US$39-million, six-year contract on July 1, 2008. Reddens play began to decline after signing the contract, and the Rangers placed him on waivers before the 2010-11 season in an effort to fit under the salary cap. Redden never played another game for the team, spending two seasons with their AHL affiliate before the Rangers used a compliance buyout on his contract. Redden made a return to the NHL for the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, signing a $800,000, one-year deal with St. Louis. He was traded to Boston at the trade deadline and played five playoff games for the Bruins as they advanced to the Stanley Cup final. Redden represented Canada several times and was a member of the 2004 team that won the last World Cup of Hockey. He also played for Canada at the 2006 Turin Olympics. He won gold with Canada at the 1995 and 1996 world junior hockey championships and silver at the 2005 world hockey championship. Discount NBA Jerseys . - The Carolina Panthers believe Steve Smith lost "top-end" speed, a big reason the franchise parted ways with its all-time leading receiver. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys .Y. -- Mike Zigomaniss goal at 5:53 of the third period stood up as the winner as the Rochester Americans hung on to defeat the visiting Hamilton Bulldogs 3-2 on Saturday in American Hockey League action. http://www.cheapnbajerseysusa.com/ .C. -- Marcus Paige and his North Carolina teammates have endured so many wild swings -- big wins, surprising losses, NCAA drama -- that no one can blame their Hall of Fame coach for wondering whats next.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Bob Welch, the 1990 AL Cy Young Award winner with the Oakland Athletics and the last major leaguer to win at least 25 games in a season, has died. He was 57. Welch died late Monday night at his Southern California home in Seal Beach, the team said Tuesday. Police said officers responded to a call for medical aid and found Welch dead in the bathroom area. Authorities have not released the cause of death. The coroner was awaiting toxicology test results, which can take eight to 12 weeks, said Lt. Jeffrey Hallock, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriffs Department. Welch was known best for his famous battles with Reggie Jackson in the World Series and alcohol addiction. The two-time All-Star was an admitted alcoholic early in his career and spent time in rehabilitation. He later co-authored a book with George Vecsey about his addiction titled "Five OClock Comes Early: A Ballplayers Battle With Alcoholism." "The fact is, Im crazy when Im drunk," Welch said in the book. "Theres every chance I would have been dead by now if I was drinking." The right-hander played on five teams that reached the World Series -- 1978, 1981, 1988, 1989 and 1990 -- and won two titles, one in 1981 with the Los Angeles Dodgers and another in 1989 with the As. Dodgers President and CEO Stan Kasten called Welch "one of the greatest competitors to wear the Dodger uniform." "Welchie was a special guy. We lost a really good friend," said Los Angeles Angels manager Mike Scioscia, a longtime teammate with the Dodgers. In Oakland, Welch figured prominently on teams that won three straight AL championships from 1988-90, including the club that swept the San Francisco Giants in the earthquake-interrupted World Series. "This is a sad day for the entire As organization," general manager Billy Beane said. "Those of us who knew Bob as a teammate and a friend will miss him greatly." Welch finished 211-146 with a 3.47 ERA in 17 seasons with the Dodgers (1978-87) and Athletics (1988-94). He also was the pitching coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks when they won the 2001 World Series and had served as a special instructor for the As in recent years. "He had a great arm, but what made him so special at a young age was the way he could command the corners with his velocity," Scioscia said. "He was a great talent, but that wasnt really what he was about. Bobby was a guy who, every time there was a roadblock in the way, he got over it. He didnt take the easiest path, but he was a solid guy." New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson, the former Oakland GM who acquired Welch for the As after the 1987 season, said Welch would be missed. Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys. "He was an interesting character, really sort of hyperkinetic," Alderson said. "He was a super guy and a very likable, if not loveable, guy." Welch was drafted in the first round by the Dodgers in 1977 out of Eastern Michigan. His most memorable moment for Los Angeles was against the Yankees in the 1978 World Series, when the rookie struck out Jackson with two runners on base to end Game 2. "I was stone sober, too," Welch said in his book. "I hadnt gotten around to drinking before a game, particularly a World Series game -- although, given time, I would have." Dodgers first base coach Davey Lopes, a former teammate, recalled the battle with Jackson fondly before the team played in Cincinnati on Tuesday night. "I dont know if it gets any greater than that," Lopes said. Welch won the AL Cy Young Award after going 27-6 with a 2.95 ERA in 1990 for Oakland. His 27 wins tied him with Steve Carlton in 1972 for the most in a season since Denny McClains 31 victories in 1968. "He will always be a significant part of our franchises history," As President Michael Crowley said. Several current As players also offered condolences on Twitter. "Devastated to learn of Bob Welchs passing," left-hander Sean Doolittle wrote. "The As organization lost not only one of its best pitchers, but one of its best people." No one answered the door at Welchs home Tuesday, which had been sealed with a sticker from the Orange County coroner. Neighbour Alma Purcha said she woke up to find police cars outside the home several blocks from the Pacific Ocean. She said Welch divided his time between Arizona and Seal Beach. She last saw him with his son and daughter Friday, when they exchanged pleasantries. Welch was born in Detroit and was lauded by the school he led to two trips to the College World Series. Eastern Michigan athletic director Heather Lyke called the pitcher one of the universitys "greatest ambassadors." "The one thing Bobby definitely loved is this game of baseball," Scioscia said. "He understood pitching, and I know he did a great job for the Diamondbacks, and working for the Oakland organization was a natural for him because he had so many tremendous seasons there. I know he really connected with the kids and had a lot to give." The As said Welch is survived by sons Dylan, 25, and Riley, 23; daughter Kelly, 18; and former wife Mary Ellen. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz