Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
jokergreen0220 Offline

05.03.2019 07:35
TORONTO - There isnt much - in fact there may not be anything - that hasnt already been written or said about Mariano Rivera. [u Antworten

TORONTO - There isnt much - in fact there may not be anything - that hasnt already been written or said about Mariano Rivera. Cheap Air Jordan 11 From China . About the man: a person of faith, humble, charitable and always willing to help others. About the pitch: the cut fastball which has baffled hitters, even though they know its coming, and broken more bats than anyone cares to count. About the player: Major League Baseballs all-time saves leader with 652, whos accomplished the feat with one team in an era of rampant player movement. The legendary Yankees closer is into the final weeks of his Hall of Fame career. Hes making his last stop in Toronto as a professional baseball player and, like anything else Rivera says, you believe him when he expresses his appreciation of visiting the city so many times over the years. “Its a great city to play in,” said Rivera. “We have had here tremendous games, tough games, big games but at the same time theyve all been wonderful. Its great to play here and play against the Toronto Blue Jays for all these years.” Rivera and his wife, Clara, have run The Mariano Rivera Foundation since its founding in July, 1998. The charity provides scholarships to further the educational needs of underprivileged students and sponsors churches and youth centres. It reaches across the United States and as far south as Riveras native Panama. “I always try to do it,” said Rivera. “Not only Panama but wherever we need to help and that is something that Im proud of. Not that I want to be recognized for that, but I do it because I was helped once and I always wanted to help others. That makes me feel good - knowing that I can touch one life and we can make that life better.” During his season-long farewell tour, Rivera has met with employees from each opposing ballclub. Twenty long-time Blue Jays employees had an opportunity to spend an hour with Rivera during New Yorks previous visit in late August. Rivera shook hands, answered questions and posed for photos. It was Riveras chance to thank the people who work hard behind the scenes. “I like how people appreciate the game and those are the ones you dont even see,” he said. “Theyre the ones you dont even know about, but at the same time they do something for the game, appreciate the game and appreciate what you do.” Rivera is also known to be giving of his time to his fellow ballplayers. Earlier this season, at Yankee Stadium, he held court with the Blue Jays large contingent of Spanish-speaking players. At the All-Star Game, in New York City, but hosted by the Mets, Jays relievers Steve Delabar and Brett Cecil approached him for baseball-related conversation. Sergio Santos did the same thing, two years ago, when Santos was with the White Sox. “I had a 30-minute conversation with him out in the outfield and he was so awesome and open to letting me ask him any question I had,” said Santos. “I had just become a closer so I had a bunch of questions and he sat there and spoke with me and answered every question I had. Hes just an amazing person and an amazing player.” Santos picked Riveras brain on thought process - How should he approach hitters on days he knows he doesnt have his best stuff? What about when hes feeling too good? If a runner gets aboard, a noted base stealer, how best do you divide your attention? “Just how adamant he was about going from pitch to pitch, not letting your mind wander to the next hitter or to what the situation is or letting any of that happen,” said Santos. “Just going, really simplifying it to the max, where its pitch by pitch. You get your pitch and then you try as best as you can to execute that pitch and once that pitch is over, whether it was executed or not, you forget it, its done with and you try to go on to the next pitch.” The cut fastball, Riveras go-to pitch, remains a mystery even to the pitcher himself. In the absence of a human to credit or, more likely because Rivera truly believes it, he looks skyward when asked to explain the success hes had against hitters who dont have to consider pitch selection. “Thats the Lord. Thats God, because no one taught it to me,” said Rivera. “I cant say to you that my pitching coach taught me that. I cannot say that. It happened for a reason and thats what I attribute it to, to the Lord.” “You know, still to this day, no hitters figured it out,” said Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes. “You know its only one pitch. Hes going to go with the hard cutter. Youre looking for the cutter and still youre not able to put a good swing on that baseball. Its unbelievable what hes been able to do.” “I mean, hes a little bit different now,” added Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. “Hes working both sides of the plate now. You know, really, in his prime it would be in to lefties and away to right-handers. It was that overpowering cutter. You knew it was coming, you could see it. You just cant do anything with it. As far as a left-hander, it starts in the middle of the plate and it keeps chasing you. You think you can get out in front of it and maybe catch it out front. You cant. With the right-handers, you see it there, it disappears and basically youre lucky if you get it off the end of the bat and it usually leads to a broken bat.” Rivera has thrived in New York. Like Derek Jeter, his long time teammate and fellow Yankees legend, his behaviour has been above reproach. He has created a Yankee Stadium tradition in which Metallicas metal anthem “Enter Sandman” is followed, three outs later, by Frank Sinatras classic “New York, New York.” Trusting Sinatras words, Riveras made it in New York, which means he could make it anywhere. With 652 saves, and likely more to come, hes backed up a legends words with his own legendary actions. Air Jordan 11 Wholesale . Raonic, the No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., had 18 aces in the match. He needed one hour 39 minutes to complete the victory. Discount Air Jordan 11 . Replay backed him up. Adeiny Hechavarria immediately followed the ruling with a go-ahead sacrifice fly for the Miami Marlins, who held on to beat the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Sunday completing a three-game sweep. http://www.cheapairjordan11china.com/ .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0.Not only was Bruno Caboclo a relative unknown to many NBA insiders, but according to Dwane Casey, the 18-year-old Brazilian was a player only a handful of teams knew anything about. The Raptors head coach joined TSN 1050 to shed some light on the teams surprise selection and defend the criticism of the pick by ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla who described Caboclo as being a player that was “two years away from being two years away.” “Which is totally untrue.” Casey said of the criticism. “He is a basketball player. He has NBA skills, but hes just raw. “This is a young man thats going to go through our program, develop and if this young man hits, weve got something special.” Admitting Masai Ujiri was initially set on taking Toronto-native Tyler Ennis, before Phoenix nabbed him two picks prior, Casey commented that the GM felt like his team couldnt wait on taking the teenager with their second round pick because they felt like the Jazz and Suns, who had the 23rd and 27th selections respectively, would hhave scooped him up. Buy Air Jordan 11 Cheap. “Originally we wanted to take Tyler Ennis and that was going to be our first pick at 20,” Casey said. “We had heard rumours that either Utah or Phoenix down behind us was going to take Bruno, so thats just when we moved him up and took him at 20.” To scout the Brazilian, Casey headed down to Houston for a pre-draft workout with Ujiri, who went out of his way to keep the visit under the radar, not revealing to his coach which player he was set to scout until he got off the plane. Casey, along with Ujiri came away impressed with what they saw, with the head coach saying Caboclo reminded him of another teenager who came to the league straight out of high school and who would later develop into an all-star forward: Rashard Lewis. “Hes got the athletic talent, the wingspan – hes got the same wingspan as Javhale McGee – hes athletic, has defensive ability, defensive instincts, he can shoot the three ball.” Casey: Caboclo raw, but could be special ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz