Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

06.03.2019 07:07
hird and seventh inni Antworten

George Groves moved closer to a fourth shot at a world title after earning a unanimous decision victory over Eduard Gutknecht at Wembleys SSE Arena.The 28-year-old provided the latest demonstration he has rediscovered his finest form when securing his fourth win of 2016 via scores of 119-110, 119-109 and 119-109 on the three judges scorecards.Victory leaves him in contention to challenge for the vacant WBA super-middleweight title early next year. He has lost each of his previous three world-title fights but his latest performance suggested he has the momentum required to finally succeed.As early as the opening bell, the 34-year-old Gutknecht - born in Kazakhstan but who fights out of Germany - sprinted to Groves and landed a right hand before receiving a counter.For much of the opening rounds each maintained a high work-rate while being hittable, but Gutknechts ability to close the distance restricted the power in Groves punches.Gutknecht is known for an amateur victory over the feared Gennady Golovkin without threatening such a level as a professional.He took numerous big rights from Groves in the sixth, seventh and eighth rounds, displaying good resistance even if it suggested he was being worn down.Already clearly behind on the scorecards, another intense assault in the ninth saw a significant cut open by his swollen left eye that further reduced his chances of going the distance.Impressively, he instead succeeded in taking further punishment as the aggressive Groves continued to land with powerful combinations and counters, surviving to the final bell and inevitably dropping the decision.The victory also means Groves has four wins from four since appointing Shane McGuigan as his new trainer after fighting under Paddy Fitzpatrick for the last time last year when losing to WBC champion Badou Jack.Defeat by Jack had followed two further unconvincing performances after he had impressed despite losing twice to Carl Froch, but succeeding in finally winning a world title next year could prove exceptional timing.Long-term rival and IBF champion James DeGale faces Jack in the unification fight in January that will establish the 168lb-divisions leading fighter.Should DeGale and Groves continue to win, a rematch six years after their first professional fight would become one of the biggest British match-ups that could be made in 2017.There was earlier a surprise defeat for Northern Irish middleweight Conrad Cummings, who lost a split decision via scores of 96-94, 96-94 and 94-96 to Germanys Ronny Mittag.The loss was the first of Cummings career, and also the first ever as a professional trainer for McGuigan, whose reputation has grown since Groves and David Haye joined Carl Frampton among his stable of fighters.Also on the undercard, 2012 Olympian Andrew Selby secured his seventh win from seven by stopping Jake Bornea of the Philippines in the seventh round.After the fight, Gutknecht fell ill in his changing room and was taken out on a stretcher to hospital. Nike Zoom Wholesale . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Cheap Nike Zoom Shoes . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. http://www.cheapnikezoom.net/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Nike Zoom Discount . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Nike Zoom For Sale .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Collin McHugh remains just about perfect this time of year.McHugh pitched three-hit ball over 7 2/3 innings to help the Houston Astros beat the Los Angeles Angels 3-0 on Saturday night.McHugh (13-10) was perfect through 4 2/3 innings until Andrelton Simmons singled through the right side. In his longest outing since May 30, McHugh walked one and struck out five to win his sixth decision in his last eight starts. McHugh has dominated Los Angeles, winning eight straight dating to the 2014 season.It caps a really sensational September for him where he really put up a lot of good games, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said.McHugh has won 13 consecutive September/October starts, the longest streak of its kind for any major league pitcher.If thats going to be my last start, then Ill take it, McHugh said. I always pride myself on being a finisher and being stronger down the stretch than at any point in time during the season.Jose Altuve reached base three times and scored once, Jake Marisnick went 3 for 4 with a double and an RBI and Evan Gattis drove in two runs.The Angels put two on with two out in the ninth, but Rafael Ortega stranded the runners with a flyball to center field before Ken Giles converted his 15th save.The Astros scored runs in the second, third and seventh innings. They chased Tyler Skaggs from the game after Marisnick singled to left to score Tyler White.Yuliesky Gurriel doubled to lead off the third and was moved over by Altuves fly ball to right field. Gattis grounder bounced high over Simmons head at shortstop for a single to score Gurriel. Altuve scored from first on Gattis single in the sevventh to cap the scoring.ddddddddddddSkaggs (3-4) was removed after 1 2/3 innings, leaving the game with two on and two out, adhering to his strict 45-pitch limit. After missing time with a mild left pronator flexor strain, Skaggs, who made his 10th start since returning from Tommy John surgery, wanted to get one more start in before the end of the season.I wasnt going out there with any goal, I was just going out there trying to feel good, Skaggs said. I didnt want to go out there and walk people, but overall my arm felt great.Skaggs will skip the instructional leagues in an effort to prevent further damage to his elbow.All his pitches looked sharp and he came out of it feeling great, so know hes healthy and thats important, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. I dont think he has anything else that hes going need to prove or work on down there right now.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: RHP Jered Weaver will not make his final start of the season Sunday and will be replaced by RHP Jhoulys Chacin. Weaver left his last start against Oakland with lower-back tightness and determined that his progression isnt far enough along to risk making another start.UP NEXTAstros: RHP Brady Rodgers will make his first major league start. The Houston-area native has been scoreless in each of his last three outings -- three innings -- and is 0-0 with a 19.29 ERA.Angels: Chacin made his last start against Houston, taking a no-decision after giving up two unearned runs over four innings. Chacin is 4-6 as a starter this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz