Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

07.03.2019 06:58
field. Martinez gave the Astros a 5-2 l Antworten

CHICAGO -- Derek Holland understands the pivot toward youth by the?White Sox?and thinks he can thrive in Chicago.I wasnt too concerned. The whole thing is a process, the 30-year-old left-hander said Wednesday, after agreeing to a $6 million, one-year contract. Whoever is there, I know theyre going to be playing to win.Chicago already has traded ace Chris Sale to the?Boston Red Sox?and outfielder Adam Eaton to the?Washington Nationals. Other deals could be ahead.While Holland plans to bring his boxer, Wrigley, to Chicago, hell leave his five lizards and pet chinchilla at his home in Texas for now.You never know whats going to lie ahead, Holland said. Who knows? I could go up there and have an unbelievable year and end up staying with Chicago.Hollands deal includes $2 million in performance bonuses: $1 million each for 150 innings and 200 innings. He was 62-50 with a 4.35 ERA in eight seasons with the?Rangers, who declined an $11 million option and chose to pay a $1.5 million buyout.Its just a crazy way that this is over, he said. I cant believe its done, but at the same time, it was a fun run with Texas. I got to make a lot of memories there. I had a great time.Holland played on the Rangers teams that were American League champions in 2010 and 2011, but he missed significant time the past three seasons because of injuries.Holland, who had a $10 million salary this past season, missed two months because of inflammation in his left shoulder and finished 7-9 with a 4.95 ERA in 22 games. He won 16 games in 2011.He said part of the attraction of joining the White Sox was to work with pitching coach Don Cooper, who along with manager Rick Renteria called Holland during the recruiting process.Holland joins a projected rotation that for now includes Jose Quintana, Carlos Rodon, James Shields and Miguel Gonzalez.I wasnt too worried about where I was going to be slotted in the rotation, Holland said. Im definitely not an ace over here yet. Ive got to earn everything.Chicago designated left-hander Matt Purke for assignment to open a roster spot. NBA Jerseys China . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. Cheap NBA Jerseys From China . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. http://www.cheapnbajerseysusa.com/ . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Discount NBA Jerseys . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season.HOUSTON -- Chris Young has had a tough start to the season, with a sub-.200 batting average and was 0 for 5 entering Fridays game. Turns out that his slump was nothing a trip home and belly full of moms barbecue couldnt cure. Young connected on a three-run homer in the ninth inning to lift the Oakland Athletics to a 6-5 win over the Houston Astros on Friday night. "Moms cooking definitely has something to do with it for sure," said Young, who grew up in Houston and spent an off day Thursday with his family. "Barbecue, just good old Texas southern barbeque. It always does the trick for me." Young is hitting just .189 this season. But hes a career .418 hitter at Minute Maid Park with seven home runs and 27 RBIs in 19 games in his hometown. Manager Bob Melvin, who also saw Young thrive in Houston when he played for him in Arizona, wasnt surprised by his performance on Friday. "Hes got quite a track record here in this ballpark," Melvin said. "It seems like every time he comes here whether hes not swinging all that well or he is he ends up doing some big things here." The As trailed 5-3 before closer Jose Veras (0-3) walked two of the first three batters of the inning to set the table for Young. He turned on a curveball to put Oakland up 6-5. "I didnt make the pitch that I was supposed to make, and then I paid for it," Veras said. "You fall behind, fall behind, and then youve got to pay one day." Young stood at the plate for a couple of seconds admiring the towering shot before heading to first base. He raised both arms and pointed to the section where about 50 friends and relatives were sitting before heading into the dugout after reaching home plate. "Its nice to have the whole family in the stands," he said. "Its one of the places where you feel a lot of love, a lot of support. Houstons always treated me well, I like coming home so its partly that and partly the yard plays pretty good for my swing." Seth Smith had a solo pinch-hit homer for Oakland in the sixth inning. Pat Neshek (1-0) pitched a scoreless eighth for the win and Grant Balfour walked two in the ninth before getting his 10th save. He has converted 28 straight save opportunities since last season. J.D. Martinez hit a three-run homer and Matt Dominguez also homered in a five-run fifth inning for the Astros, who fell to 0-7 against Oakland this season. The Athletics were up by two before Dominguez got Houstons big fifth inning going with his first-pitch home run off Tommy Milone. Jose Altuve tied it with an RBI single before Martinez homered for the second straight game to give the Astros a 5-2 lead. Houston starter Erik Bedard yielded four hits and two runs in five innings. He gave up both runs in the first inning before settling down. Milone became the fourth straight Oakland starter to last seven innings. He gave up eight hits and five runs with six strikeouts. By scoring five runs, the Astros ended a streak of Oakland allowing three or fewer runs in six straight games.dddddddddddd Coco Crisp drew a leadoff walk before Young extended his hitting streak against the Astros to 15 games with a single. An RBI single by Yoenis Cespedes put Oakland up 1-0. Bedard then plunked Josh Donaldson before retiring Derek Norris for the first out. Luke Montz then grounded into a force out and Young scored to make it 2-0. Houston couldnt do much against Milone early and he retired 14 of the first 16 batters he faced. He struck out the first two batters of the fifth inning before Dominguez launched his fifth homer of the season to the back of the Crawford Boxes to cut the lead to 2-1. It was the first of five consecutive hits for the Astros. Ronny Cedeno and Robbie Grossman hit back-to-back singles before Jose Altuve snapped an 0 for 18 slump with an RBI single to tie it at 2-all. Second baseman Eric Sogard almost ended the inning on Cedenos hit, but the ball dropped just out of his reach after he sprinted and slid to try and snag it in shallow centre field. Martinez gave the Astros a 5-2 lead with his three-run shot. It was Martinezs second consecutive game with a home run after he hit a two-run shot in Houstons win over the Royals on Wednesday. Milone finally escaped the inning when Carlos Corporan grounded out. "Really I never even thought about getting anybody up at that point he had been pitching so well and it happened so quickly," Melvin said of the fifth inning. "But its a little unlike him because he usually can stem the tide and keep from having the big inning like that. It just wasnt the case tonight." Paul Clemens replaced Bedard for the sixth inning and Smith greeted him with a pinch-hit homer to get Oakland within 5-3. It was the sixth pinch-hit homer of Smiths career and the second by Oakland this season. Young had a single in the seventh inning and that and his homer were Oaklands only hits after Smiths homer. Young also had a three-run homer in his last appearance at Minute Maid Park to help the As to a 9-3 win on April 7. NOTES: Los Angeles Clippers centre DeAndre Jordan, who is from Houston, threw out the first pitch. ... The series continues on Saturday when Oaklands A.J. Griffin faces Lucas Harrell. ... Oakland SS Jed Lowrie was out of the lineup for a second straight game after being hit by a pitch on his right foot on Tuesday night. Melvin said he was feeling better Friday and that the injury wasnt something that would put him on the disabled list. ... Houston OF Justin Maxwell, on the disabled list with a broken bone in his left hand, took about 20 swings in batting practice on Friday and is schedule to go to extended spring training in Florida on Wednesday to take live at-bats. ... Houston minor league OF Jonathan Singleton will finish his 50 game suspension for a drug of abuse and report to Class A Quad Cities on Monday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz