Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
jokergreen0220 Offline

09.03.2019 07:44
When Patrick Roy returns to Montreal on Tuesday as an NHL head coach for the first time, he will have a chance to look up to the Antworten

When Patrick Roy returns to Montreal on Tuesday as an NHL head coach for the first time, he will have a chance to look up to the rafters of the Bell Centre and enjoy the presence of his Canadiens No. Air Max 97 Clearance . 33 retired jersey banner. But as the Colorado Avalanche bench boss told TSNs Michael Farber in conversation, the road from his 1995 departure from the Habs, to that jersey honour, to his present-day job in Denver has been long and thought-provoking. Roy played his last game for Montreal on Dec. 2, 1995 when he was left in the net for the first nine goals of a 12-1 Detroit Red Wings victory. When he was finally pulled, he stormed past head coach Mario Tremblay to team president Ronald Corey and told him that the game would be his last with the Canadiens. Four days later, the future hall of famer was traded to the Avalanche as part of a five-player package. Fast forward 13 years with plenty of water under the bridge, and the Canadiens retired Roys jersey on Nov. 22, 2008. Farber asked Roy if the raising of his number to the rafters put his difficult exit from Montreal behind him. "I have to say yes it did, but for me it was before that," explained Roy. "When I retired I was already in peace in what happened in Montreal, and when Pierre Boivin and Bob Gainey came over to my house and talked about retiring my jersey and start talking to me, (asking) how do you feel...I said Im already in peace, Ive already moved on. "I understand that hockey is a business, I made a mistake, and Im sure on the other side they felt like they made a mistake as well. But at the end Im not there to judge. I was so happy to get back into the Canadiens family." Roy also recalled being frustrated by a separate incident from the same night, when late-arriving teammate Vincent Damphousse was not disciplined by Tremblay prior to the Detroit game. "Mario, I thought he was tough on me...I thought he was trying to send messages by being tougher on me. And I always thought that as a coach you need to be fair, and on that day I thought that Vinny was privileged. "He came in late because he slept in, and I just felt that was unfair to the team. Everybody has their opinion, everybody has their thinking about how things could have happened that night, and lets leave the past where it is." Would Roy have still been a Canadien if he had been pulled after the first five goals had been scored? "I have no idea," answered Roy. "I remember being down 5-1 after the first period and Mario came into the room and asked, "are you okay?"...and I said "yes Im okay". At some point I felt so sorry for my teammates (since) I couldnt stop a beach ball. My head wasnt there any more, I couldnt stop a puck. "Youre almost asking for help, but at the end were professional, you stay calm, and this is something I did not do." With the game 7-1 and catcalls coming from the home fans in Montreal, Roy made a save on a long shot by Sergei Fedorov and raised his arms to the crowd. He disclosed that his mocking action remains his only regret about the entire night. "My only one. Every day I played in Montreal, I was ready to play...I was ready to compete. I was accountable for the team. I wanted my teammates knowing that they could close their eyes knowing that their goalie will come that night and play hard for them. Thats what I wanted." Farber asked what prompted Roy to raise his arms after the save. "Its just frustration I guess. The fans love the Canadiens. The fans are...to them, they love the team, and if a player doesnt perform, then it is what it is. If youre performing, its the best place to be, and I knew that." Roy discussed why he spoke to Corey, who was seated in the front row behind the Montreal bench, after he had finally been pulled. "Because I think at the time, this is where we were. Ive been brought up to win the Stanley Cup, and I just felt like things (had) changed. Im not saying I wanted to leave Montreal, it was just time and unfortunately it happened that way." With that history firmly in Roys past, the Avalanche head coach is looking forward to playing his old club on Tuesday. "I was happy to be a part of the Montreal Canadiens...it means a lot to me to be able to go coach (against them), but Im going to try to approach it as a hockey game." Buy Air Max 97 Cheap . - For a general manager who preaches building through the draft, Reggie McKenzie has struggled to find impact players his first two years in Oakland. Air Max 97 Cheap Online .com) - Jeff Teague had 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 90-85 on Saturday night. http://www.cheapairmax97.net/ . Canada wasnt in the game from the outset. Head coach Dan Church left Calgary in the morning without addressing the players. He told The Canadian Press he felt the organization lacked confidence in his ability to defend the Olympic gold medal in February.The Miami Heat can clinch a fourth straight NBA Finals appearance Wednesday night with a victory over the Indiana Pacers in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Watch the game live on TSN and TSN GO at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt. The Heat are a single victory away from becoming the fourth team in NBA history to reach the championship round four consecutive seasons. The Boston Celtics made a whopping 10 in a row from 1957-66, then the Los Angeles Lakers turned the trick from 1982-85. The Cs did it once again, battling those same Lakers a few times, from 1984-87. Its been almost 30 years, but history is what this incarnation of South Beachs Big Three had in mind when they united in Miami in the summer of 2010. True to their form, the Heat arent worrying about legacies. They are worrying about Game 5. "Its going to take a better game than we had (Monday). Its that simple," said LeBron James. "You have to get better every game. Their back is against the wall, but we have to go in with that mindset that our back is against the wall, too." Miami inched a win closer to the title round with a 102-90 victory at American Airlines Arena Monday night in Game 4. James scored 14 of his 32 points in the third quarter, while Chris Bosh added 25. Dwyane Wade had 15 points and James also supplied 10 rebounds and five assists for the Heat, who moved to 7-0 at home during the postseason. Pacers guard Lance Stephenson stated that James using trash talk against him in Miamis Game 3 victory was a "sign of weakness." "Im doing something right to get underneath his skin," Stephenson said after Indianas practice on Sunday. His comments mightve fueled James, although the four-time MVP shrugged off Stephensons comments postgame. "I was motivated enough getting back to the finals," said James, who passed Michael Jorddan for the most playoff games with at least 25 points, five rebounds and five assists. Air Max 97 China Wholesale. James relentlessly attacked the rim throughout and Bosh helped the Heat finally get off to a fast start in this set. Miami had trailed by double figures in the first quarter in two of the first three games, but it flipped the script on Monday. Bosh, who had netted just nine points in each of the first three tilts and had been just 2-of-12 from beyond the arc in the series, put in Miamis first eight points. He knocked down a pair of 3-pointers during his personal 8-0 run to begin the game and the Heat never looked back in the wire-to-wire victory. Paul George supplied 23 points and seven rebounds and David West added 20 points and 12 boards for Indiana. Stephenson finished with nine points and didnt record his first field goal until the 5:31 mark of the fourth. George was very displeased with the officiating after the game. The Heat attempted 34 free throws compared to 17 for the Pacers. "I feel like were just as aggressive as they are attacking the basket and making plays at the rim," said George. "Maybe this was just home cooking." That comment, plus many more, earned George a $25,000 fine from the league. Roy Hibbert was held scoreless in 22 minutes in defeat. The Pacers are 0-3 all-time in series trailing 3-1. In the Big Three era, the Heat are 7-0 in series when leading by the same margin. "Listen, 3-1 is a tough challenge. We know that," said Pacers coach Frank Vogel. "If its going to happen, it typically happens when the home team is down 3-1. If we win Game 5, the pressure goes back on them. Then theyve got to win Game 6. Otherwise, Game 7 is in our building. "All our focus is on right now is coming back and getting Game 5 and extending the series." If the Pacers can, Game 6 would be Friday night in Miami. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz