Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

11.03.2019 06:54
reception game against Cleveland on Dec. 7, Antworten

TORONTO -- Toronto FC had no high-profile signing to announce Tuesday, no Diego Forlan or anyone resembling the Uruguay international. But the 2-8-7 MLS team did make a move to create some roster payroll flexibility for a new acquisition, trading attacking midfielder Luis Silva to D.C. United for allocation money. "Its really unfortunate, Luis has been so great for Toronto FC, hes been fantastic," head coach Ryan Nelsen said Tuesday after training. "But theres an opportunity I think, and the money that we get is extremely valuable." Nelsen said, with new players expected to be coming Torontos way, it was a move that was going to be made sooner or later. D.C. United, languishing in the league basement at 2-13-4, hopes Silva can spark an offence that has scored a league-worst eight goals in 19 games. "Luis is an exciting and creative young player with tremendous technical ability," D.C. United GM Dave Kasper said in a statement. "He has shown the capacity to manufacture and score goals." Silva, 24, was the fourth player taken in the 2012 Major League Soccer draft. A college teammate of Uniteds Chris Pontius at the University of California, Santa Barbara, Silva scored seven goals in 54 appearances in all competitions for Toronto. Silva is slated to make US$105,400 this season. Adding allocation money also helps the Toronto bottom line. "I wanted to make it a win for the player and a win for the club," Nelsen said. "Its not an easy decision by any means and I spent a long time contemplating it and thinking about it. Weve got young players that have really stepped up and we didnt know that they were going to, which does help. And obviously with potential additions coming in we needed to free up some cap room to improve the squad." With players away for international duty and with reinforcements yet to arrive, it could leave TFC a little short. The club plays at Sporting Kansas City on Saturday. "Its a wee bit awkward, the timing is not perfect," Nelsen said, "But we had to make a move, it was pretty much on the table, we had to do it. We might be hurting for one or two games but for the long run it will be better for the club." Nelsen did not get into specifics on possible new players. "Everyone is working very hard and hopefully we can get something done pretty soon with numerous players," he said. There has been speculation that among the players Toronto is trying to bring in is Forlan. But Nelsen dodged the question. "Hes contracted with a club, isnt he down in Brazil somewhere?" Nelsen said. "Hes a player who is under contract so I cant really talk about him. But hes a good player." Forlan is playing with Internacional in Brazil and on Monday was quoted as saying that he wanted to stay with that club at least through the 2014 World Cup. Toronto FC striker Robert Earnshaw is in his first season with Toronto FC and the trading of Silva was a reminder of how things can be in MLS with the salary cap. "Its tough," Earnshaw said. "This is what Im learning about this league. "To see a good player not with us and a friend as well, this is what the tough situation is in this league. We wish Luis all the best because hes a great player, a great kid, a great guy. His brain is right. What I mean by that is that he wants to work and he wants to be successful and hes got that drive. "Hell be successful wherever he goes. Hes very much liked in the dressing room." Earnshaw, who missed Torontos 3-3 draw with the Montreal Impact because of an injured calf, said he is ready to return to action Saturday. Earnshaw has been able to resume training after resting the injury. "The last two days have done me very well, just fitness-wise and to get back into the swing of things," he said. "And just the pace of training, Im looking forward to getting into the game on the weekend." NOTES: Defender Richard Eckersley who has been out since early in the season with a hamstring injury is back training and could be ready for Saturdays game ... Striker Danny Koevermans did not training because of a calf injury ... Backup goalkeeper Stefan Frei is in California for visa reasons, according to Nelsen ... Veteran defender Danny Califf, sidelined with a back injury, is with his family in California, Nelsen said, "to re-evaluate things." Hydro Flask Clearance . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Hydro Flask Ombre Sale . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.cheaphydroflask.net/ . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. Cheap Hydro Flask Water Bottle . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Hydro Flask Cheap Ombre . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. INDIANAPOLIS -- T.Y. Hilton blamed himself for not doing enough in the Indianapolis Colts first two games this season.He made amends for it Sunday.The smallest receiver on the Colts roster came up big twice, making an acrobatic 8-yard catch on fourth-and-7 to keep the Colts drive alive following the 2-minute warning, then spinning away from safety Dexter McCoil for a 63-yard TD pass that gave Indy its first win of the season.I caught one (like that) earlier in the game, I caught it and just kind of started going down and I said, `Im not going to go down anymore. If theyre going to tackle me, its going to take two or three of them, Hilton said after the 26-22 victory over San Diego . Once I caught it, I saw a safety and he didnt I think saw him so he tried to hit me and I just spun off and did the rest.Right on cue.On Wednesday, Hilton referred to his four-catch, 41-yard game at Denver as unacceptable. And at the same time he was promising his injured friend, Donte Moncrief, that he had his back, Hilton was still trying to shake off the frustration of catching 10 passes for 120 yards in Indys two losses.At the same time, his body was sore, too.So coach Chuck Pagano gave Hilton an extra day off Friday and it appeared to work.Hilton was his old self against the Chargers (1-2), catching balls, turning short throws into long plays and zig-zagging around the field to make defenders miss.He finished with eight catches, 174 yards and the winning TD. It was his highest catch total since a 10-reception game against Cleveland on Dec. 7, 2014, and his highest yardage total since a 223-yard day against Houston on Oct. 9, 2014.It wasnt fruustrating, I just wasnt giving my team a chance to win, Hilton said when asked about his slow start to this season.ddddddddddddThey look for me to make big plays and I wasnt doing that the first two games and I told them, `Im going to be the difference-maker today. I said earlier in the week, `I want to put it on me, put the game on me and thats what I did today.On a day Andrew Luck went 24 of 37 with 331 yards and one interception, he looked Hiltons way on almost a third of his pass attempts.Hilton wound up catching all but three of the throws, including the one that prevented Indy (1-2) from starting 0-3 for the first time in five years.It isnt doomsday, you know, but it is, coach Chuck Pagano said, explaining how important Sundays victory was.Luck, who missed practiced Wednesday and was limited Thursday because of a sore throwing shoulder, struggled at times and for the second straight week watched a defensive player scoop up one of his fumbles and return it for a score.So with Luck a little off on his accuracy, including the fourth-down throw, it was Hilton who delivered the two most important plays in Indys young season.If anyones going to keep good on his promise, its going to be T.Y, left tackle Anthony Castonozo said. Im just baffled on how fast he is. On that last one, obviously I saw it, the ball was out and I could see where he was at. Just seeing him run away from guys, stop and starting, its real impressive stuff.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz