Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

14.03.2019 07:25
whittled away at the lead and got it Antworten

The Queensland Firebirds have confirmed their roster for the new Australian netball league, locking in the title-winning shooting combination of Romelda Aiken and Gretel Tippett.But the reigning trans-Tasman champions will be counting on young talent to step up if they are to claim a third straight title after losing captain Laura Geitz (pregnancy), key defender Clare McMeniman (retirement) and centre Kim Ravaillion (Collingwood).Laura Clemesha, who has been an understudy to Geitz and McMeniman for the last four seasons, will form a new-look back court with promising goal keeper Kate Shimmin, lured across from the Adelaide Thunderbirds.Rookie Mahalia Cassidy, 20, has been earmarked as Ravaillions replacement in midcourt.The rest of Queenslands super seven starting side - which won the last two trans-Tasman grand finals - remains intact, with the retention of Jamaican Aiken on a two-year deal the biggest coup.Aiken was in huge demand from rival sides but the 27-year-old said she never intended to play for anyone else.It wasnt a hard decision. Ive been here since 2008 and this has been home for me, said Aiken, the Firebirds player of the year who finished as the trans-Tasman competitions all-time leading scorer.I know where my heart is. The culture here is a credit to Rose (Jencke) and Jenny (Brazel).Its going to be an exciting year and I cant wait to start playing netball again.Coach Roselee Jencke said with co-captains Geitz and McMeninman gone, she will be looking for more leadership from Aiken, now the franchises longest-serving player.Shes the superstar bookend. Were thrilled to have her back and shes a champion of the game, Jencke said.Jencke insisted the Firebirds would lose nothing by swapping Ravaillion for Cassidy, tipped to be a future Diamonds starter.Mahalia is more than ready for the next step and in fact, she was ready this year, she said.She took it to Rav every training session, outshone her at times and really put that pressure on her to perform.Queensland Firebirds: Laura Clemesha, Kate Shimmin, Kimberley Jenner, Gabi Simpson, Mahalia Cassidy, Caitlyn Nevins, Jemma Mi Mi, Gretel Tippett, Romelda Aiken, Abi Latu-Meafou. Andre Dawson Jersey . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. Wei-Yin Chen Jersey . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Martin Prado Jersey ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. LAHAINA, Hawaii -- Oregon opened the Maui Invitational with a disappointing loss, won in overtime and closed with a click-on-all-cylinders win.Winning the tournament was the goal, but getting better with each game wasnt a bad consolation.Chris Boucher scored 21 points, Tyler Dorsey added 19 and No. 13 Oregon beat Connecticut 79-69 on Wednesday in the fifth-place game of the Maui Invitational.Obviously, we still have a lot of stuff we need to work on offensively and defensively, but I think we took a step, said Oregon forward Jordan Bell, who had 12 points. I think every game we got a little better.Oregon (4-2) lost its opener to Georgetown, but bounced back with an overtime victory over Tennessee on Dillon Brooks long 3-pointer. The Ducks wanted to get off to a fast start in their Maui finale and did just that, racing to a 15-point lead in the opening 4 1/2 minutes.UConn (2-4) chipped into the lead by halftime, but the Ducks started flying again, building the lead back up to 17.Dylan Ennis added 15 points for Oregon, which shot 54 percent and made 9 of 21 from 3-point range.Jalen Adams led the Huskies with 27 points and Rodney Purvis added 13.Comes down to fundamentals: play defense and execute on offense, UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. I dont know what else to say. Energy and youve got to play defense. They made shots and we didnt make shots. Simple game. Theres no secret to it.The Ducks attacked the Huskies from the opening tip, scoring the games first 10 points, racing out to an 18-point lead.Ollie called a timeout 41 seconds into the game and Adams, the Huskies leading scorer, headed to the bench at 17:03 after picking up his second foul.I dont think we were just playing with the intensity we should have, Adams said. We didnt match their intensity or their energy and I think we have to work on that. Weve got to build on that.Oregon pushed the lead to 21, but the Huskies came roaring back.UConn started hitting shots it was missing earlier, while the Ducks went more than 8 minutes without a field goal, trimming the lead to 339-28 by halftime.ddddddddddddOregon revved up again to start the second half, hitting 5 of its first 7 shots to push the lead to 53-34.UConn had one more run. The Huskies whittled away at the lead and got it down to eight with 3 minutes left, but couldnt make up any more ground.I just thought our energy level today was much better because of the ball movement and getting some shots down, Oregon coach Dana Altman said.BIG PICTUREOregon finished the Maui Invitational with a flourish after a dud of a start. The Ducks should get better as Brooks, their leader, builds up stamina in his return from offseason foot surgery.UConns young team is still trying to gel. The Huskies struggled against Oklahoma States pressure in the opener, Chaminades perimeter shooting the next game and the Ducks flock of athletes in the finale.BROOKS PROGRESSIONBrooks was limited to eight points in 13 minutes in Oregons opener against Georgetown, his first game back since offseason foot surgery.The preseason All-America was back to his Duck-leading role against Tennessee in the second round, scoring 17 points and hitting the game-winning 3-pointer with 22 seconds left in overtime.Brooks was limited to nine points in 18 minutes Wednesday, but did all the little things the Ducks need, like playing defense, distributing the ball -- five assists -- and providing leadership.LARRIER OUTUConn announced Wednesday that sophomore forward Terry Larrier will miss the rest of the season with a torn left ACL.Larrier was injured Monday night against Oklahoma State while driving to the basket. Hes expected to be out eight months.UConn was expecting a big contribution from the 6-foot-8 Larrier, who sat out last season after transferring from Virginia Commonwealth.UP NEXTUConn hosts Boston University on Nov. 30.Oregon hosts Boise State on Monday.---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz