Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

20.03.2019 09:10
took a shutout into the eighth inning, Antworten

SALT LAKE CITY -- Sam Wheeler, a renowned land-speed motorcycle racer, is dead after the high-performance bike he was testing at Utahs famed Bonneville Salt Flats fish-tailed, went airborne and crashed at 200 mph. He was 72.Wheeler died Monday afternoon at Intermountain Medical Center in the Salt Lake City suburb of Murray because of traumatic injuries suffered in the motorcycle accident, hospital spokesman Jess Gomez said.Wheeler was going about 200 mph (322 kph) during a test run when the back of the streamliner motorcycle started fish tailing, said Mike Cook, the event organizer who witnessed the incident. His motorcycle began to slide and then popped into the air and came crashing down on the caged section where Wheeler was seated, Cook said. Wheeler was alive when emergency crews extracted him from the car, but he died about four hours later at the hospital, Cook said.We all have real heavy hearts, said Cook, organizer of Mike Cooks Bonneville Shootout. Land-speed racing is one of the most family-orientated sports there is in the world.Wheeler, an engineer from Arcadia, California, was known as an innovator and pioneer in the sport. He spent more than two decades building, fine-tuning and racing a motorcycle on which he reached speeds exceeding 300 mph, said Pat McDowell, a fellow racer and longtime friend. At one time, he held the land-speed record for motorcycles, he said.Hes was pretty much one of the legends of our sport, McDowell said. He did it with his brain, not his wallet.Wheeler was testing the motorcycle this week in anticipation of two big races in August and September at the Salt Flats. The site brings races from around the country to use the flat, glasslike surface to set speed records.He had been working on the motorcycle in recent years with a goal of setting the motorcycle speed record and surpassing 400 mph, McDowell said.Everyone was rooting for him, even competitors, said McDowell, vice president of the Southern California Timing Association.Wheeler was known for his ability to build and modify his motorcycle by himself. He was a perfectionist who knew aerodynamics well, said Bill Lattin, president of the Southern California Timing Association, which is set to host a major racing event at the Salt Flats in August.He built that motorcycle by hand. Every single part on it, Lattin said. Hes been rebuilding it, making it stronger, faster and more aerodynamic.Wheeler is survived by his wife and two children, McDowell said. Wheelers family couldnt immediately be reached for comment.McDowell, Cook and Lattin said Wheeler was a kind-hearted, laid-back man.He was the nicest guy in the world, Lattin said. He would do anything for anybody. New Balance Wholesale Uk .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Cheap New Balance Sale .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. http://www.newbalanceoutletuk.com/ . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Wholesale New Balance For Sale .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Cheap New Balance Uk . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona.SAN FRANCISCO - Marco Estrada went from feeling funny to feeling good and it worked to his advantage. Estrada pitched five strong innings, Norichika Aori drove in two runs, Khris Davis hit a home run and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the San Francisco Giants 6-1 on Wednesday night. Estrada gave the Brewers more than they could expect in his first start in two months. The right-hander allowed a hit, did not walk anybody and struck out six. "At first I felt a little weird out there," Estrada said. "As I got going I felt more comfortable. Overall, I thought it went pretty well." Estrada was activated from the disabled list before the game to make the start in place of left-hander Tom Gorzelanny, who is still bothered by a sore elbow. Estrada had only a pair of rehab starts and his pitch count was limited. He retired his last 14 batters and 15 of 16 overall. "His command was outstanding," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "He kept his curve down in the zone and his fastball had life to it. For him, coming back after two starts and throwing only 2 2-3 innings, I thought it was really good." Alfredo Figaro (2-3) pitched two innings to earn the win. Burke Badenhop and Michael Gonzalez each added a scoreless inning. Jeff Bianchi and Martin Maldonado also drove in runs for the Brewers, who won their third in four games. The Brewers did lose infielder and leadoff hitter Rickie Weeks to a strained left hamstring. He appeared to injure himself trying to beat out an infield grounder in the eighth. "I took two or three steps out of the box and I felt a little pop," Weeks said. Weeks added that he has never had hamstring problems before. Buster Posey drove in a run for the Giants, who have lost four of five. "I was working a lot during my bullpens and I was excited to be back out there," Estrada said. "I tried to stay relaxed and not show any emotion." Davis made a shoestring catch on PPoseys fly, saving at least one run and possibly avoiding a rally.dddddddddddd Madison Bumgarner (11-7) took a shutout into the eighth inning, but lost. He gave up four runs — three earned — on five hits in seven-plus innings. He walked three and struck out four. "For whatever reason, we dont look like the same team we were last year," Bumgarner said. "There are things I could have done differently. There are things everyone could have done differently. Its been the same story all year." The game was scoreless into the bottom of the seventh. Brandon Crawford walked and Brandon Belt singled to open the inning. After a passed ball, Posey hit a sacrifice fly. The first four Brewers reached base against Bumgarner in eighth. They all scored. Davis singled and Yuniesky Betancourt doubled to start the rally. Bianchi beat out an infield single to drive in one run and another came home when Bumgarner threw wildly past third on a bunt. "We didnt do a whole lot against him," Roenicke said. "When you go up against a guy that good and win, its a great game." Santiago Casilla took over on the mound and got one out before Aokis sharp single up the middle scored two. Its the first time in 10 starts that Bumgarner allowed more than three runs while pitching at least seven innings. Davis homered and Maldonado singled home a run against Barry Zito in the ninth. NOTES: Gorzelanny (elbow contusion) threw a bullpen session and will likely make his next start on Saturday in Seattle. ... The Brewers sent IF Scooter Gennett to Triple-A Nashville to make room for Estrada. ... Giants OF Jeff Francoeur started in centre field for the third time in his career. He made 176 starts there in the minors. ... Giants OF Gregor Blanco, .067 (3 for 45) since the All-Star break, will be given a day or two to clear his mind. "This will give him a chance to catch his breath," SF manager Bruce Bochy said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz